ADVERTISEMENT

We’re losing in recruiting and the portal

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
I think this is a good class but we’re missing out on the top portal transfers too. The gap is actually increasing vs Georgia bama etc.

ND needs to figure out something to close the gap.

If we can’t get 5 star recruits or top transfers it’s going to be even tougher to win it all. The top teams will strengthen every weakness with the portal, nd will not. We needed a top de, stud wr, stud qb stud safety and DT. We got solid wr, probably land solid dlinemen , probably land ok qb maybe. Not good enough

I think this is a good class but we’re missing out on the top portal transfers too. The gap is actually increasing vs Georgia bama etc.

If we can’t get 5 star recruits or top transfers it’s going to be even tougher to win it all. The top teams will strengthen every weakness with the portal, nd will not. We needed a top de, stud wr, stud qb stud safety and DT. We got solid wr, probably land solid dlinemen , probably land ok qb maybe. Not good enough
As if there are plenty of " studs" available. I would hardly classify the new class as losing ground.

Crashing.

Crashing.

Crashing.

As if there are plenty of " studs" available. I would hardly classify the new class as losing ground.
We lost too many good commits, and we’re behind the 8 ball with the portal. Georgia just landed two good sec wrs from the portal … both better than kaleb smith

Do we land a qb?

Next year our dline will struggle even more than this year and if we don’t get a good qb from portal we’re looking at 9-3 as a good season …. That’s not good

We lost too many good commits, and we’re behind the 8 ball with the portal. Georgia just landed two good sec wrs from the portal … both better than kaleb smith

Do we land a qb?
Crashing.

Crashing.
85895180.gif

Crashing

Reactions: Ndapolis1
Next year our dline will struggle even more than this year and if we don’t get a good qb from portal we’re looking at 9-3 as a good season …. That’s not good
Obviously losing JA and Foskey is almost impossible to overcome. But the DL should have proven vets anchoring it: other JA, Cross, Mills. Botelho, Ford, Aiden, Nana…..someone has to emerge. Did I leave any young guys out?

Really? Why do this to the thread?

SJB is lonely every night, so he comes here craving attention, hi-jacking threads. Then you follow him around and prove to everyone that you’re his little bitch. It’s really weird.

Can’t we talk football, without the nonsense?
Just ignore/report/move on.

SJB is lonely every night, so he comes here craving attention, hi-jacking threads. Then you follow him around and prove to everyone that you’re his little bitch. It’s really weird.

Mocking the melt down in this forum over where 18 year old kids decide to go to college to play football. The staff did a great job putting together this class. Best class since 2013 and people on this forum are having melt downs.. It's comic gold.

Mocking the melt down in this forum over where 18 year old kids decide to go to college to play football. The staff did a great job putting together this class. Best class since 2013 and people on this forum are having melt downs.. It's comic gold.
Thank you! It’s a great class.

And the DL won’t be dominant, but it’ll be fine. We’ve talent and vets that’ll more than hold their own. One of the young guys emerge, and now it’s a unit that can take games over like this past season and the year before. Maybe it’s Ford or Gobaira….anyone else more likely than them?

GN talks this stuff and Golson attacks it with evidence. Be that.

SJB is a kid who wants attention. Don’t be that.

Reactions: NDinNJ and sjb75
A kid who wants attention.

Write that down.
You made your point with the “crashing” stuff. Dumb, irrational post by GN. No one disagrees. The 23 class is awesome. Can’t wait for these guys to contribute.

But stop ruining every thread with the nonsense. You never actually talk football.

You lonely at night? No family? No girl? Acting like an asshole on message boards won’t solve your problems.

The thing is, no football is being discussed in the slightest with these nauseating, daily posts about ND falling short in recruiting. What’s the point of the thread? It’s been hashed over here daily for 15 years amongst the consistent drivel Chase posts. I’m all for focusing on guys on the roster like you’re doing but seriously - another thread stating the same? I dont get it and hence fully support hijacking the thread with the ‘crashing’. Keep it up

Reactions: NDinNJ
The thing is, no football is being discussed in the slightest with these nauseating, daily posts about ND falling short in recruiting. What’s the point of the thread? It’s been hashed over here daily for 15 years amongst the consistent drivel Chase posts. I’m all for focusing on guys on the roster like you’re doing but seriously - another thread stating the same? I dont get it and hence fully support hijacking the thread with the ‘crashing’. Keep it up
What don't you get ?

Talent/recruiting is EXTREMELY important. It is a snapshot into how well your program will stack up down the road when the prospects mature.

ND had a top 5 class, on the level of the tier 1 programs out there, and then it fell apart down the stretch bac to a status quo class after hiring one of the best recruiters in the industry. ND doubled down on their archaic policies which essentially amounts to "players don't deserve to get wealthy while playing football at ND" and its frustrating.

That is BIG news, worth discussing. It's off-season. What else is there to talk about other than recruiting on the day after signing day in threads about recruiting on a notre dame football board?

smh.

It’s literally signing week. You think a thread about recruiting misses is unreasonable? Every website, nationally, is talking about the portal. GN thinking we’ve missed in the portal is unreasonable? You can’t think that.

I don’t agree with GN, but I do appreciate that he’s actually bringing legit football content to the thread.

Everyone is allowed to have their opinions. But SJB seems like an angry, troubled, lonely guy, who comes here looking for fights with anyone who’ll give him attention. That’s not someone you want to be…..or be like.

Yes
Thank You.

What don't you get ?

Talent/recruiting is EXTREMELY important. It is a snapshot into how well your program will stack up down the road when the prospects mature.

ND had a top 5 class, on the level of the tier 1 programs out there, and then it fell apart down the stretch bac to a status quo class after hiring one of the best recruiters in the industry. ND doubled down on their archaic policies which essentially amounts to "players don't deserve to get wealthy while playing football at ND" and its frustrating.

That is BIG news, worth discussing. It's off-season. What else is there to talk about other than recruiting on the day after signing day in threads about recruiting on a notre dame football board?

smh.
Clown.

What don't you get ?

smh.
You are so wrong it's not even funny. ND is doing it the right way. As Freeman said, ND is not going to pay "acquisition fees" to get a commitment. ND supports NIL the way it's supposed to be, and there is a lot of money to be made that way. ND has one of the best, if not the best NIL opportunities for its athletes, they just aren't going to do it via direct payments, or via "acquisition fees".

You are so wrong it's not even funny. ND is doing it the right way. As Freeman said, ND is not going to pay "acquisition fees" to get a commitment. ND supports NIL the way it's supposed to be, and there is a lot of money to be made that way. ND has one of the best, if not the best NIL
opportunities for its athletes, they just aren't going to do it via direct payments, or via "acquisition fees".
I’m surprised you even bother.

“Never wrestle with a pig. The pig enjoys it and you just get dirty.”

Write that down.

You are so wrong it's not even funny. ND is doing it the right way. As Freeman said, ND is not going to pay "acquisition fees" to get a commitment. ND supports NIL the way it's supposed to be, and there is a lot of money to be made that way. ND has one of the best, if not the best NIL opportunities for its athletes, they just aren't going to do it via direct payments, or via "acquisition fees".
I enjoy a spirited discussion/debate on the issues, so thank you for participating on topic and not just spamming the board and making the user experience worse off for those who use it/visit.

Anyway, ND is doing things the "right way" at the expense of the football players which is why the ones with options/rare talent aren't coming here anymore. It's funny how hypocritical ND is with "the right way"

when ND can leverage their name image and likeness into profit, it's the right way
when players/athletes do it, they are just bag chasers

GTFOH with that nonsense

At the end of the day, it comes down to a power struggle between the haves and have nots.

And ND is going to do everything in their power to keep the have nots where they think they belong. This culture oozes off the fans and the institution which is why players that have a ton of options and are highly in demand are not touching ND with a 10 foot pole.

Last edited:
Reactions: mookied
I enjoy a spirited discussion/debate on the issues, so thank you for participating on topic and not just spamming the board and making the user experience worse off for those who use it/visit.

Anyway, ND is doing things the "right way" at the expense of the football players which is why the ones with options/rare talent aren't coming here anymore. It's funny how hypocritical ND is with "the right way"

when ND can leverage their name image and likeness into profit, it's the right way
when players/athletes do it, they are just bag chasers

GTFOH with that nonsense

At the end of the day, it comes down to a power struggle between the haves and have nots.

And ND is going to do everything in their power to keep the have nots where they think they belong. This culture oozes off the fans and the institution which is why players that have a ton of options and are highly in demand are not touching ND with a 10 foot pole.
A clown.

It’s literally signing week. You think a thread about recruiting misses is unreasonable? Every website, nationally, is talking about the portal. GN thinking we’ve missed in the portal is unreasonable? You can’t think that.

I don’t agree with GN, but I do appreciate that he’s actually bringing legit football content to the thread.

Everyone is allowed to have their opinions. But SJB seems like an angry, troubled, lonely guy, who comes here looking for fights with anyone who’ll give him attention. That’s not someone you want to be…..or be like.
Just add the same nonsense to the 15 other threads regurgitating the same info- why the hell would we start another one stating the same thing? Literally this exact thing has been mentioned at nauseum in every thread below and daily by Chase for 2 decades. Let’s not act like this is revelatory shit

Obviously losing JA and Foskey is almost impossible to overcome. But the DL should have proven vets anchoring it: other JA, Cross, Mills. Botelho, Ford, Aiden, Nana…..someone has to emerge. Did I leave any young guys out?
Burnham and gobaira but we go into next year without anyone looking like they are a potential future stud… we had that with foskey and ademilola,
Ademilola just didn’t play well

Nobody that is returning this year other than maybe mills occasionally showed signs of being an nfl caliber dl

All the young players must develop quickly and be legit

ADVERTISEMENT