ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State, September 23

Notre Dame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Oct 9, 2021
Obviously won’t be easy but if we win this game and run the table, could we see the ultimate showdown between ND and Michigan in the playoffs? That’s one I’d pay a high price to see live. Michigan will be favored against Ohio State, imo. I don’t think it’s impossible to see this happen. It’ll likely come down to the USC game for which team gets in, but I think Michigan will be in. ND if finishing undefeated would probably be ranked #3 or #4, simply based on where they start pre season polls. Michigan if undefeated likely #1 or #2 depending on what happens in the SEC. So it would be ND, Michigan, Bama/Georgia and one wild card likely the SEC runner up or USC if 1 loss and nail biter vs ND. Big12 should be banned no matter what.

Last edited:
tOSU still has not settled on a QB; seems to me that that might be a position of importance!

tOSU still has not settled on a QB; seems to me that that might be a position of importance!
And we have some serious questions about our defensive line and linebackers. Spring ball will likely answer questions for both teams.

What we do NOT have is a question at QB. That’s a big advantage for us. I don’t expect a new QB at OSU to light up our secondary no matter what star rating they may have had.

looks like a QB duel between Brown and McCord at tOSU; both were higher rated as prospects than Stroud!
QB is like a box of chocolates…

Reactions: ivan brunetti
What we do NOT have is a question at QB. That’s a big advantage for us. I don’t expect a new QB at OSU to light up our secondary no matter what star rating they may have had.
#20 can play with the top teams...

The rest....I'm not sure we match up well against WRU

OSU got as far as they did because of Storudt last year

Their D was questionable all year long and in the end it failed them

I think we have a legitimate shot at them

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
OSU got as far as they did because of Storudt last year

Their D was questionable all year long and in the end it failed them

I think we have a legitimate shot at them
Most certainly we do. No chance this new comer is as good as Stroud as a first year starter. No way. The two biggest changes from last years 21-10 loss to this season is we now have a better QB and they now have a lesser QB. That alone makes this a toss up game in my view. It’s also home. Hartman was worth a at minimum 10 additional points in that game.

Getting Price back helps. Getting Kaleb Smith helps. The emergence of BenMo later in the season helps. Losing Foskey hurts. That’s about the only major loss I see on our end.

I can’t wait to hear the crying by Ohio State fans that we had to borrow Hartman to beat them. It’s going to be an epic meltdown on their end.

We played tough. Joseph took out their best receiver early. The D played lights out. OL and QB play was horrendous.
Yeah, they were not prepared to be without JSN. But we also played very well. We had a very good game plan for the first half, and just didn't make any adjustments that worked. Then stroud made unreal plays, and our dline caved probably due to our offense not being able to get a second half first down.

Yeah, they were not prepared to be without JSN. But we also played very well. We had a very good game plan for the first half, and just didn't make any adjustments that worked. Then stroud made unreal plays, and our dline caved probably due to our offense not being able to get a second half first down.
Yep. Game fell squarely on the offense. Against Ohio State, that was about as good of a defensive game as it gets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT