ADVERTISEMENT

How satisfied are you with the job Brian Kelly is doing?

Grade Brian Kelly's performance 10 years in:

• A

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • B

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • C

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • D

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • F

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Yep, we won't ever get matched up with the UCFs of the world. We always get Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama ect.. that certainly plays a part. That being said it isn't just the losses that bother me, it's the performances within those games. Notre Dame simply hasn't shown up.
define "shown up " ? in all three of those games the opponent was clearly better and ND was a sizeable underdog in all of them. an ND victory in any of them would have been an upset. didn't happen.

define "shown up " ? in all three of those games the opponent was clearly better and ND was a sizeable underdog in all of them. an ND victory in any of them would have been an upset. didn't happen.
For example, scoring 3 points with a month to prepare is unacceptable. Notre Dame had plenty of chances within that game to score, they just never took advantage. Watch the game, the play calling was terrible. I knew exactly what we were going to do before the play happened.

The rest of the performances we were completely outmatched within the game and on the sidelines.

Exactly my point, ND always gets the best possible opponent in bowl games because of the ND draw.

Sure .it's a conslation game that means more than non NY6 Bowls. How could anyone compare some insight.com bowl to the major NY 6 bowls as equal is beyond me.

No one does

Yep, we won't ever get matched up with the UCFs of the world. We always get Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama ect.. that certainly plays a part. That being said it isn't just the losses that bother me, it's the performances within those games. Notre Dame simply hasn't shown up.

Is that in the contract? If the playoff is in the Peach and Fiesta, and we used u our Orange contract, and we can never play in the Rose/Sugar unless it's a playoff, yes we can easily draw the UCF of that year.

No one does

Is that in the contract? If the playoff is in the Peach and Fiesta, and we used u our Orange contract, and we can never play in the Rose/Sugar unless it's a playoff, yes we can easily draw the UCF of that year.
It was more based on Notre Dame's draw, they always get the major opponents because it makes more money.

Reactions: tbonesays
With 62 votes in, Kelly's GPA is at 2.84 (about a B- average).
I think that is very accurate of BK’s tenure up to this point. Another 10-2 season in 2019 with a NY6 bowl win over a good opponent, coupled with a top 10 composite recruiting class and that should go up to a solid B.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
I voted B. He's not getting top 2 classes so he's doing the best he can with what he got. I really believe ND will NEVER win a National Title under these rules. It's up to me to accept this or I would just be a miserable.

Reactions: d1042
I think that is very accurate of BK’s tenure up to this point. Another 10-2 season in 2019 with a NY6 bowl win over a good opponent, coupled with a top 10 composite recruiting class and that should go up to a solid B.
But the resident geniuses tell us that winning a NY6 bowl doesn’t matter. By that standard winning a citrus bowl sure doesn’t matter and we can safely say Brian kelly has done nothing that matters in 9 year, right? @Pennick4

One of the abolitionists called Lincoln a first rate second rate man. That's kinda how I feel about Kelly. We got the best of the 2nd tier.
How do you think the top tier guys like crabby Saban, Dabo, Lincoln , Urban would do at ND? Do you think any top tier guy would have the patience with admissions dictating who can be recruited and who cannot? Do you think these top tier guys would buy into the culture of ND? It's all hypothetical but I often wonder myself how these guys would do coaching in South bend. Urban has already made his stand on coaching at ND.

How do you think the top tier guys like crabby Saban, Dabo, Lincoln , Urban would do at ND? Do you think any top tier guy would have the patience with admissions dictating who can be recruited and who cannot? Do you think these top tier guys would buy into the culture of ND? It's all hypothetical but I often wonder myself how these guys would do coaching in South bend. Urban has already made his stand on coaching at ND.

I thought about this question a lot and if i had to put money on it .. my best guess is that someone like Urban or Dabo or Saban or Smart or Fisher would immediately impact the type of talent ND is able to recruit. ND would go from 10-15th in recruiting ranking to 5-10th at least. Those coaches have personalities or run programs that resonate with teenagers. Kids with lots of options will choose those coaches and their programs over others in abundance.

Which indicates to me that if those guys can indeed do it, any good coach with recruiting chops can do it at ND as well. And that yes, ND does have some built in institutional difficulties as it relates to recruiting, but a good coach/recruiter with a trendy/popular program can bust through those barriers and pull in some high quality classes that will close the talent gap.

Last edited:
But lost the game that matters?
So Michigan, Stanford, VA Tech and some other games didn’t matter when they were played? I seem to remember that those games were a pretty big deal in each of those weeks. Or are you suggesting that every team other than Clemson and Bama failed to win a game that mattered?

So Michigan, Stanford, VA Tech and some other games didn’t matter when they were played? I seem to remember that those games were a pretty big deal in each of those weeks. Or are you suggesting that every team other than Clemson and Bama failed to win a game that mattered?
They wouldn't have gotten into the playoffs without winning all the previous games. Right dummy?
How did Brohm do in his bowl game? The next Vince Lombardi. :D

How do you think the top tier guys like crabby Saban, Dabo, Lincoln , Urban would do at ND?

That's a very hard question to answer intelligently. For example I don't really know how much of Bama's recruiting is handled by their booster machine; I'd like to say ALL OF IT.

Urban's proven he can succeed anywhere but nobody knows if success at ND would be defined as 10-3 or a natty. Dabo still seems like a great personality being elevated by a determined institution. And let's hold off judgment on Lincoln Riley/Tom Herman until they have a defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT