ADVERTISEMENT

How many of you actually thought ND had a shot at the NC?

geza67

ND Expert
Sep 6, 2004
They had a good season but y'all know deep down they just don't have what it takes.

They had a good season but y'all know deep down they just don't have what it takes.
See, to be meaningful you’re supposed to say that BEFORE the game. Not too hard to say it after we lose.

See, to be meaningful you’re supposed to say that BEFORE the game. Not too hard to say it after we lose.

Even people who are critical before a loss that are eventually proven "correct" are still shitted on though.

I thought the Irish were going to beat Clemson .
They've played them close the last two games they've played together

Reactions: rgc7
I thought the Irish had a good shot at beating Clemson. Those Irish fans parading around here saying that the Irish didn't belong never said jack about it before yesterday's game. Only waited until after and that's when these Irish fans piled on, most likely to appease the Georgia gods I'm guessing.

Reactions: rgc7
BK repeated LOU's philosophy to be better on any given day and yes I hoped that might happen vs Clemson. You can NOT win a CFP Championship unless you make the Playoffs. GET BETTER ND!!!

I thought the Irish had a good shot at beating Clemson. Those Irish fans parading around here saying that the Irish didn't belong never said jack about it before yesterday's game. Only waited until after and that's when these Irish fans piled on, most likely to appease the Georgia gods I'm guessing.

Not true. I've been talking about the talent disparity between ND and these top teams for months, even years. I predicted a Clemson win in another thread and I've been getting bathed for weeks about "talking up Clemson"... Some of us saw this coming, again, unless ND accomplished the things I wrote about in my thread titled "ND Can Beat Clemson. Here Are 10 Thoughts As To How".

They accomplished none of those things. Sometimes in life you just have to know your place. ND got humbled. ND fans ought to own that and move on.

Well I was one that predicted an 8-4 type season so after reflecting a bit, while disappointed at the way we played yesterday, this season was a success. Sure the schedule wasn’t as strong as originally thought but still more challenging top to bottom than most.

Reactions: at7724
Not true. I've been talking about the talent disparity between ND and these top teams for months, even years. I predicted a Clemson win in another thread and I've been getting bathed for weeks about "talking up Clemson"... Some of us saw this coming, again, unless ND accomplished the things I wrote about in my thread titled "ND Can Beat Clemson. Here Are 10 Thoughts As To How".

They accomplished none of those things. Sometimes in life you just have to know your place. ND got humbled. ND fans ought to own that and move on.
Did you say that ND didn't belong in the playoffs before the game was played? Saying that it was a long shot for ND to win before the game isn't exactly putting one's reputation on the line. An Irish fan saying ND didn't belong in the playoffs BEFORE the game is probably non existent. I don't recall one single person around here shouting from the mountain top that ND didn't belong. Worried. Yes. Predicting a possible loss. Yes. Don't belong. Not bloody likely.

Than how does Boise state beat an 11- 1 OU and a 11-0 TCU?

The question alway arises during these times is it the jimmies and Joe's, or the X's and O's

Granted you need both but is one greater than the other
I believe coach makes the bigger difference but what do I know huh floridairish

I did not. I thought there was a solid chance that Clemson would win by about 10, a small chance they would win by more than 17 and a small chance the game would be decided by less than 4 points, with ND having a less than equal shot of being on the winning end if that were the case.

I pretty much took the cure after 2012 and the Alabama blowout. I confess I did have a minor relapse last year when we destroyed USC, but after we went down to Miami, I was scared clean.

Definitely thought this was a terrific year. The regular season was Kelly at his best: He managed a team of very good, but not great, players and put them in position to win the games before them. Against Clemson we saw that both Kelly and his players have a ceiling. It has been shown to us time and time again.

Watching the first quarter I thought that they could win the game.

I also thought that the breaks didn’t go their way

Than how does Boise state beat an 11- 1 OU and a 11-0 TCU?

The question alway arises during these times is it the jimmies and Joe's, or the X's and O's

Granted you need both but is one greater than the other
I believe coach makes the bigger difference but what do I know huh floridairish

you are citing the rare exceptions .. there's a reason the other 40+ games a week in college football the far more common outcome is that the more talented team simply wins

I think people legit thought we could beat Clemson, I didn’t think we could. I predicted clemmy 24-16 and I knew if we played Bama we’d get curb stomped even worse that 2012

you are citing the rare exceptions .. there's a reason the other 40+ games a week in college football the far more common outcome is that the more talented team simply wins
Twice on two different big stages within 3 yr period is not the exception to me it looks like coaching

CU had better players.
Some fans knew that going in.
Some fans learned going out.
Some fans will not learn.

But ND was not embarrassed as some allege. ND was not abused.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT