ADVERTISEMENT

Heistand available

He went back to the NFL just to get enough time so he could her his NFL pension. I'm not sure he he's officially retired now but sure would love to have him back.

I’d bring him back in a heartbeat and slide Quinn to TE. Make it work somehow. To be clear generally I think Quinn took a bad rap for the line this year, a group that was elite at pass pro and average at run blocking. But HH is elite and this would be an upgrade
Id take that for sure. Heistand to OL. Quinn to TE. Hed probably add Co OC to Quinn to help Rees transition.

I think run blocking was extremely below average considering our talent. It was terrible.

Will likely get beat to the punch by a more proactive program while Kelly takes another month to announce Rees as OC/QB coach and Taylor as "running game coordinator" along with the retention of his Best Man as oline coach.

Then we will see if we can get Dave Casper, Mark Bavaro, Derek Brown or Irv Smith to come coach tight ends. If they won't, we still have Mike Ragone, Anthony Fasano, and John Carlson as backup plans. Heard they can all kill it on the recruiting trail like Denson and Lyght.

Id take that for sure. Heistand to OL. Quinn to TE. Hed probably add Co OC to Quinn to help Rees transition.

I think run blocking was extremely below average considering our talent. It was terrible.
finished the year with 179 rushing yards per game. They lacked some fundamentals in power run blocking and yes, we manufactured some run game with wr stretch runs etc, but the results were overall acceptable. We can be better. We can also be a more disciplined unit in terms of false starts. Probably splitting hairs otherwise but I hope they go get him so we agree there and have that common ground.

Will likely get beat to the punch by a more proactive program while Kelly takes another month to announce Rees as OC/QB coach and Taylor as "running game coordinator" along with the retention of his Best Man as oline coach.
Then we will see if we can get Dave Casper, Mark Bavaro, Derek Brown or Irv Smith to come coach tight ends. If they won't, we still have Mike Ragone, Anthony Fasano, and John Carlson as backup plans. Heard they can all kill it on the recruiting trail like Denson and Lyght.

you are one angry little elf

Reactions: napy2121 and ZVZ
the question would be has he fulfilled his pension requirements and would he even be interested ? the recruiting trail is not for everyone. that's one of the main reasons many folks in the coaching community think Joe Brady is heading back to the NFL sooner than later. it's well known that he hates the recruiting element of the job.

Negativity 24-7. Does it ever stop? Welcome to “ignore”. Good riddance.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
finished the year with 179 rushing yards per game. They lacked some fundamentals in power run blocking and yes, we manufactured some run game with wr stretch runs etc, but the results were overall acceptable. We can be better. We can also be a more disciplined unit in terms of false starts. Probably splitting hairs otherwise but I hope they go get him so we agree there and have that common ground.
Totally unacceptable. The quarterback was our leading runner in november I believe. No holes opened. Just really bad run blocking. Ran on the teams that had no chance to stop us. The others was putrid. We had to run Book and Lenzy to get production. It was pathetic.

When you consider what we have talent wise at OL. It was totally unacceptable in my opinion.

Id move Quinn to tight end. Hes a good recruiter and well liked. We need soneone elite to unlock this offense

Totally unacceptable. The quarterback was our leading runner in november I believe. No holes opened. Just really bad run blocking. Ran on the teams that had no chance to stop us. The others was putrid. We had to run Book and Lenzy to get production. It was pathetic.

When you consider what we have talent wise at OL. It was totally unacceptable.
Happy to agree to disagree here overall but also happy to agree with you HH should be pursued. Happy new year to you, hope we get better here in 2020. Cheers.

Put the glue and egg nog down - seriously

you are one angry little elf

It's not anger.

Just objective facts staring right at everyone.

ND could've had any reasonably available OL coach on the planet. Instead, Kelly selected his unqualified buddy to be the oline coach. And now he is doubling down on the mistake just like he did with BVG. Its right there in plain sight for everyone to see. Everyone acknowledges that Quinn is a subpar oline coach at this point, just like BVG was a subpar DC at ND and has proven possibly even worse at subsequent stops.

Kelly also has a limited network of coaching contacts given he spent the vast majority of his career at GVSU so he invariably has to leverage former GVSU re-treads and former ND players because he does not have the panache to pull in anybody else.

That's how you end up with a horrible RB and CB depth chart and why there is the distinct possibility that a 27 year old will be running the offense next year (to the extent anyone is allowed to do so by Kelly).

The times Kelly has been forced to go outside his comfort zone the hires have been smashing successes such as Elko/Lea and Heistand. His hires made from his GVSU coaching shrub and former players have more or less been abject failures.

These are all clear data points that are laid out and easily observable. They are not up for debate or refute.

Had Kelly not been forced to fire all his buddies, including Longo, from the 2016 staff the program would be an absolute train wreck right now. I can only imagine the state of the defense still lead by BVG and physically developed by Longo.

Here is an excerpt from Kelly regarding the defenses performance after the 2016 Duke game where ND surrendered the most points to Duke of any of their P5 opponents that year:

"Actually that's probably the one area I feel better about today," Kelly said. "We did what I wanted today in terms of coaching. Coaching had nothing to do with the outcome today. I was pleased from that perspective. Obviously, we put our defense in a bad situation today. They gave our offense a chance to win, quite frankly."

Absolutely......Mind........Boggling.....

Sooner or later, everyone is going to heed to logic and rationality.

There is just simply too many statistics, too many press conferences, too many game results, too many advanced metrics, just too many data points for all of this inane Kelly support to continue.

It's time to just accept the reality of the situation and stop living in denial.

When left to his own device (which it appears will be the case with these moves) Kelly will ignore the fact his most successful position coach is back on the market so as not to have to fire one of his friends that is clearly underperforming, hire a 27 year old QB coach who turned by Northwestern for a 2nd interview as his OC, and then find a former GVSU coach or former ND player to coach the most talented position on the team.

Kelly's "success" the past three years has been propped up solely by a hiring decision he was not in charge of (Elko, Elko requiring Lea to come aboard) and a watered down schedule. The offense has done minimal amounts to contribute to the success and he was not even the coach responsible for the lone move that even remotely helped the offense over the past three years (bench Wimbush for Book).

We will eventually get there, but these facts need to continue to be presented to the board so that the incorrect and baseless opinions can continue to be dispelled.

If I'm angry about anything, its that fine posters such as yourself continue to get the wool pulled over your eyes by the lunatic fringe with nothing but factless conjecture contained within their arsenal.

Don't worry, we will get there eventually and your general not yet pinpointed frustration will be abated in the process.

How about Helfrich as OC? Harry back at O-line. Quinn to TE.
I’d consider it only draw back on Helfrich is he doesn’t seem to like recruiting. Not ideal on that end but I think he knows offense. Similar to HH, he’s a scapegoat with the bears. Nagy called the plays there.

LOL...BK too busy golfing. Wonder if he even knows.

It's not anger.

ND could've had any reasonably available OL coach on the planet. Instead, Kelly selected his unqualified buddy to be the oline coach. And now he is doubling down on the mistake just like he did with BVG. Its right there in plain sight for everyone to see. Everyone acknowledges that Quinn is a subpar oline coach at this point, just like BVG was a subpar DC at ND and has proven possibly even worse at subsequent stops.

Kelly also has a limited network of coaching contacts given he spent the vast majority of his career at GVSU so he invariably has to leverage former GVSU re-treads and former ND players because he does not have the panache to pull in anybody else.

That's how you end up with a horrible RB and CB depth chart and why there is the distinct possibility that a 27 year old will be running the offense next year (to the extent anyone is allowed to do so by Kelly).

The times Kelly has been forced to go outside his comfort zone the hires have been smashing successes such as Elko/Lea and Heistand. His hires made from his GVSU coaching shrub and former players have more or less been abject failures.

These are all clear data points that are laid out and easily observable. They are not up for debate or refute.

Had Kelly not been forced to fire all his buddies, including Longo, from the 2016 staff the program would be an absolute train wreck right now. I can only imagine the state of the defense still lead by BVG and physically developed by Longo.

Here is an excerpt from Kelly regarding the defenses performance after the 2016 Duke game where ND surrendered the most points to Duke of any of their P5 opponents that year:

"Actually that's probably the one area I feel better about today," Kelly said. "We did what I wanted today in terms of coaching. Coaching had nothing to do with the outcome today. I was pleased from that perspective. Obviously, we put our defense in a bad situation today. They gave our offense a chance to win, quite frankly."

There is just simply too many statistics, too many press conferences, too many game results, too many advanced metrics, just too many data points for all of this inane Kelly support to continue.

It's time to just accept the reality of the situation and stop living in denial.

When left to his own device (which it appears will be the case with these moves) Kelly will ignore the fact his most successful position coach is back on the market so as not to have to fire one of his friends that is clearly underperforming, hire a 27 year old QB coach who turned by Northwestern for a 2nd interview as his OC, and then find a former GVSU coach or former ND player to coach the most talented position on the team.

Kelly's "success" the past three years has been propped up solely by a hiring decision he was not in charge of (Elko, Elko requiring Lea to come aboard) and a watered down schedule. The offense has done minimal amounts to contribute to the success and he was not even the coach responsible for the lone move that even remotely helped the offense over the past three years (bench Wimbush for Book).

We will eventually get there, but these facts need to continue to be presented to the board so that the incorrect and baseless opinions can continue to be dispelled.

If I'm angry about anything, its that fine posters such as yourself continue to get the wool pulled over your eyes by the lunatic fringe with nothing but factless conjecture contained within their arsenal.

Don't worry, we will get there eventually and your general not yet pinpointed frustration will be abated in the process.
Does anyone actually read this stuff?

Reactions: napy2121
we want HARRY,we want Harry,we want Harry

You will get Kelly's 3rd groomsman as oline coach and you will like it!!!

And if you keep the shenanigans up, I know a certain defensive coordinator at a certain MAC school that would love to come back on the staff to coach the cornerbacks!!!

I know the last thing you want to see is that 1986 Trans Am with the personalized plates "BVG DC" come rolling back into town.

You have been warned! Kelly has the tools (pun intended) at his disposal housed within his illustrious GVSU coaching shrub and he's not afraid to use them to make this coaching staff worse.

You say it can't get worse than BVG? Have you ever heard of the innovative and next level strength and conditioning program called "Longo Beach"? Don't make Kelly bring that back too.

Just read on another site that Brian Driscol has spoken to a source that said there is mutual interest on both sides. Nice! I was thinking -- if Kelly is really set on moving Tommy to OC, then why not move Quinn back to the game plan role he used to play

Just read on another site that Brian Driscol has spoken to a source that said there is mutual interest on both sides. Nice! I was thinking -- if Kelly is really set on moving Tommy to OC, then why not move Quinn back to the game plan role he used to play
Hell yes

Expect Penn St to go after Harry. Has undergrad ties to Franklin

TLDR: wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's not anger.

He is a self proclaimed analyst but doesn't have any actual tapped in "sources".

He made his name off of guys that are actually sourced like Mike Frank and Lou S.

Just look at his site. Its just a trash heap of psuedo football guru nonsense and easily accessible stats and information compiled into various articles.

There isn't anything of value related to the site. Just his opinion of what happened on the field or his regurgitation of what someone else already broke on Twitter.

And you can forget about any recruiting insights, interviews, or breaking news.

He really made a mistake going off on his own because he does not have the connections or resources to yield any proprietary information. He just floats out stuff that offers him probable deniability like when he was saying Austin might yet still play this year. This could likely be another such ploy.

I can surmise that his "source" is probably just his wife or mom's pirate subscription to Irish Sports Daily. So perhaps its being reported there at which point it might have some validity.

With the advent of Twitter, we will all know within a couple minutes of any meaningful rumors breaking anyways.

I’d bring him back in a heartbeat and slide Quinn to TE. Make it work somehow. To be clear generally I think Quinn took a bad rap for the line this year, a group that was elite at pass pro and average at run blocking. But HH is elite and this would be an upgrade

don’t think BK would do that. HH not in the cards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT