ADVERTISEMENT

What are your expectations for the Irish this year? Speak now or forever hold your Piece.

1. OSU win:
Yes, would be a huge upset. Yes, ND should be the underdog,
Then why and how do I ND winning?
You win big games and a team is only as good as their interior play. The ND Oline/Dline will carry this team.
ND will rush for 150 plus yards and win by 7-10 points.

2. Marshall: Win
Just to talented

3. Cal: Win
Talent

4. UNC: Win

5. BYU: Win

Hard fought game that will stay close to the 4th quarter. This will be the game that will have this message board filled with I knew Freeman was overwhelmed, We look terrible and I blame the coach. But in the end ND pulls it off.

6-8. Stanford, UNLV, Cuse WIN
Talent

9. Clemson: Win

Very close game. TB will have the game of his life. ND wins by less than a TD.

10-11 Navy and BC: Win
I know some will say BC will play them close. However, ND has to much talent on online/dline. ND will be to physical for BC to even keep it close.

12. SC: Win:
ND will face the second best QB they have played this season. SC will be a top 7-10 team at this point. They will already have one upset win (Utah). Could be a top 5 team at this point. ND comes from behind and wins a classic.

Yup, 12-0!
I have a lot of confidence in the interior play.
Playoff win????

We will see!
Hope you're right :)

Reactions: Zorich 88
9-3....I see ND losing to OSU, Clemson and BYU. Obviously, I hope I am wrong....

These are the three that are stubborn in my view. I think OSU will win but not cover...that Clemson may be the worst loss of the regular season (and is a team that is seriously underestimated this year by pundits and fans alike)...and BYU will pull a Boston College, and hang around till snagging a go ahead field goal in the closing minute. I hope to be wrong about all three of these games. I really do...but honesty is the best policy. Sunshine pumpers and homers can apply elsewhere, this is just my pre-season prognostication....nothing more.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
9-3....I see ND losing to OSU, Clemson and BYU. Obviously, I hope I am wrong....

These are the three that are stubborn in my view. I think OSU will win but not cover...that Clemson may be the worst loss of the regular season (and is a team that is seriously underestimated this year by pundits and fans alike)...and BYU will pull a Boston College, and hang around till snagging a go ahead field goal in the closing minute. I hope to be wrong about all three of these games. I really do...but honesty is the best policy. Sunshine pumpers and homers can apply elsewhere, this is just my pre-season prognostication....nothing more.
I can see that except I don't think Clemson will be some top team this year that will dominate us at home. If we lose to them, it will be close. Their qb just isn't good enough to do that against our D

Losing to both Clemson and byu would make this season a disappointment

Reactions: IrishMike409
9-3, the QB and WR situations have me concerned.

I think ND can beat anyone but OSU on their schedule but I expect a few bumps in the road. I’m actually concerned about the BYU game.
Good call on BYU. They'll be tougher than we think. WR's are definitely a concern but I think we'll be OK barring major injuries. As far as QB's, I think Buchner will do great! Outside of Va Tech, he was a true freshman and played lights out last year. We could have beat Okie State last year if we put him in when Coan shut down in the 2nd half.

Not so sure about BYU. Will be interesting to see how that team does against Baylor. About the same talent level, with a very good HC, as the Irish. BYU also plays Arkansas which I think will be a very good team.

Reactions: adrian1477
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT