ADVERTISEMENT

Glad the kids haven't quit like...

floridairish

ND Expert
Oct 30, 2006
90% of you jock sniffing know it alls who have never played or coached a down of football in your lives...Pathetic.

Reactions: ndhell
90% of you jock sniffing know it alls who have never played or coached a down of football in your lives...Pathetic.
Florida- I absolutely agree; watch the game and be quiet til the game is over! I've never seen so many haters, but being a def. coordinator myself it pains me to watch this defense.

I understand we are short on numbers at corner, but our "shut down corner" Luke is not doing good at all. I expected to watch Rochell, Tillery, and Jones wreak havoc on offenses this year, but it ain't happening. We didn't blitz til the end of the game and early on when we did blitz, we played our corners 10 yards off and you just can't do that and be successful. I will be surprised... no SHOCKED if Van Garden is out D.C. next year

Florida- I absolutely agree; watch the game and be quiet til the game is over! I've never seen so many haters, but being a def. coordinator myself it pains me to watch this defense.

I understand we are short on numbers at corner, but our "shut down corner" Luke is not doing good at all. I expected to watch Rochell, Tillery, and Jones wreak havoc on offenses this year, but it ain't happening. We didn't blitz til the end of the game and early on when we did blitz, we played our corners 10 yards off and you just can't do that and be successful. I will be surprised... no SHOCKED if Van Garden is out D.C. next year

Be prepared to be shocked. It took Kelly about three years to figure out how to set up a punt return. What makes you think he is going to solve an obvious problem like the piss poor defensive performance?

I'm proud of the guys and will be here each and every Saturday but they sure as hell quit on those two drives 3rd quarter that MSU gashed them with multiple long runs. They woke up but they were DOA for those two drives. No excuse for that. And yes, BVG shares in this. How his top Corner leaves the outside Receiver on 3rd and long in year 3... Well that's inexcusable.

Reactions: captstabbin
So you claim to be an ND fan and are happy we are 1-2? You are happy that in 6 years we have won 10 games twice? You are happy we have gotten embarrassed in the only 2 major bowl games we have played? You are happy the we are getting owned by Stanford now?

Reactions: HuddleBurger
So you claim to be an ND fan and are happy we are 1-2? You are happy that in 6 years we have won 10 games twice? You are happy we have gotten embarrassed in the only 2 major bowl games we have played? You are happy the we are getting owned by Stanford now?
Clearly demonstrates delusional psychological problems

Be prepared to be shocked. It took Kelly about three years to figure out how to set up a punt return. What makes you think he is going to solve an obvious problem like the piss poor defensive performance?
Because he knows more than you and me about the offense and defense. Offense ain't the problem; he's figuring out the defense isn't good. We both saw him getting in the Van Gorder's ass!

I have said this on my other posts . We all knew the defense isn't that good , but the offensive play calling was awful for almost 3 quarters . Kelly and his pass/ run balance ? . Imagine if the Irish had gone to a wide open passing game early . Just an after thought .Too late

Not Happy at all or I wouldn't be posting... We are NOT good. We are young and inexperienced and yall expect a national championship. Be realistic

Because he knows more than you and me about the offense and defense. Offense ain't the problem; he's figuring out the defense isn't good. We both saw him getting in the Van Gorder's ass!

It is counter-intuitive to say that an offense that scores a lot of points isn't necessarily a good offense, but that's what we have. I'd rather see a power rushing attack that breaks down the will of its opponents than a team that plays sandlot football and tosses the ball all over the yard but rarely just kicks ass.

Reactions: captstabbin
I have said this on my other posts . We all knew the defense isn't that good , but the offensive play calling was awful for almost 3 quarters . Kelly and his pass/ run balance ? . Imagine if the Irish had gone to a wide open passing game early . Just an after thought .Too late
I agree, Kelly should open it up and let Kizer run an Oregon type offense (he just proved he can do it)

Not Happy at all or I wouldn't be posting... We are NOT good. We are young and inexperienced and yall expect a national championship. Be realistic
This is year 7, not year 1 or 2. We have heard excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse, every season.

I would accept this excuse if Kelly was coming of 2 10 win seasons, but he's not.

It is counter-intuitive to say that an offense that scores a lot of points isn't necessarily a good offense, but that's what we have. I'd rather see a power rushing attack that breaks down the will of its opponents than a team that plays sandlot football and tosses the ball all over the yard but rarely just kicks ass.
I like whatever our strengths are... our oline is average right now (couldn't stop a 4 man rush). Our strength right now is Kizer. Let him do what he does best and that is read defenses and throwing the ball

This is year 7, not year 1 or 2. We have heard excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse, every season.

I would accept this excuse if Kelly was coming of 2 10 win seasons, but he's not.
Rationalizing the putrid performances has become the new normal

Reactions: NDAyers
If he knows more than us then tell me why so many people said BVG needed to go after last season. It was obvious BVG was not a good DC to everyone but Kelly so I doubt he does know more.. or is to stubborn to admit he was wrong hiring BVG

What did u expect really!!!??? Jaylon Smith-gone... Day-gone... Fuller- gone... oline-3/5 gone... secondary was bad last year

If he knows more than us then tell me why so many people said BVG needed to go after last season. It was obvious BVG was not a good DC to everyone but Kelly so I doubt he does know more.. or is to stubborn to admit he was wrong hiring BVG
Completely agree! Hope he sees that BVG is really bad

Kelly is 1-7 vs. top-25 teams the last 2 years. If Texas & MSU end the season in the top 25, he'll be 1-9. And counting. The guy just is not that good. Gone are Weis' leftover players to cover for his ineptitude.

Reactions: NDAyers
What did u expect really!!!??? Jaylon Smith-gone... Day-gone... Fuller- gone... oline-3/5 gone... secondary was bad last year
I expect 10 wins most years. I don't even think ND can win a NC given their academic restrictions. Again, year 7 if Kelly doesn't have the players that's him. I actually don't care about the reasons I expect ND to win 9-10 regular season games just about every year with the occasional 7-8 win rebuilding season and maybe a 11 win season every now and again. ND is getting 8 win seasons every year. Sure we lost players but turnover is the nature of CFB, it happens to every team yet we use that excuse every single year we march to 8 wins

My frustration isn't just this year it's the endless 8 win seasons every year

Kelly is 1-7 vs. top-25 teams the last 2 years. If Texas & MSU end the season in the top 25, he'll be 1-9. And counting. The guy just is not that good. Gone are Weis' leftover players to cover for his ineptitude.
Kelly is a good Coach I think... I'm with you that his play-calling is suspect at times, but if HE doesn't get that defense fixed there's gonna be some people REALLY calling for his head.

I expect 10 wins most years. I don't even think ND can win a NC given their academic restrictions. Again, year 7 if Kelly doesn't have the players that's him. I actually don't care about the reasons I expect ND to win 9-10 regular season games just about every year with the occasional 7-8 win rebuilding season and maybe a 11 win season every now and again. ND is getting 8 win seasons every year. Sure we lost players but turnover is the nature of CFB, it happens to every team yet we use that excuse every single year we march to 8 wins

You and me both brother, but you and I know that's the one downside of being an ND fan. When we lose we have to hear it- double- from every other college fball fan in the damn world

Kelly is a good Coach I think... I'm with you that his play-calling is suspect at times, but if HE doesn't get that defense fixed there's gonna be some people REALLY calling for his head.
I think you are correct, Kelly is a good coach. The problem is there are a LOT of good coaches and I think ND deserves and excellent coach and that he is not.

^this!!!!!!'

Nice job of putting words in others mouths. Who on here expected a national title? Gimme a break. What's wrong with winning a big game for once? Nice job of making a mountain out of a molehill dude.

Those guys you mentioned were all on last years team and CBK still couldn't win the big one... Clemson, Stanford, or OSU. You're backing yourself into a corner buddy. Kelly has wasted so much talent. Put down the kool-aid.

How do you go 12-0 one season and 10-1 last year and never win a big game?

Every game ND wins is apparently not big, but every game they lose is HUGE. Evaluation of the roster and seeing deficiencies is being realistic. Expecting 10 win seasons every season is clueless.

How do you go 12-0 one season and 10-1 last year and never win a big game?

Every game ND wins is apparently not big, but every game they lose is HUGE. Evaluation of the roster and seeing deficiencies is being realistic. Expecting 10 win seasons every season is clueless.
... and here we have it. Kelly supporters don't even think ND is a 9-10 win program anymore. They think that 8 wins is the best this program can do with the very rare double-digit win season.

I guess we can never agree because, while my standards for what ND football can accomplish have dropped dramatically, even I think this program should win 9-10 regular season games every year.

... and here we have it. Kelly supporters don't even think ND is a 9-10 win program anymore. They think that 8 wins is the best this program can do with the very rare double-digit win season.

I guess we can never agree because, while my standards for what ND football can accomplish have dropped dramatically, even I think this program should win 9-10 regular season games every year.
That guy's broker keeps loosing his money but he keeps him because he tries hard.

This is true. I was very surprised by the number of fans expecting a playoff team this year, but I still think this team suffers most from lack of good coaching and lack of talent second.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT