ADVERTISEMENT

Gilmore

"Just spoke with a source with knowledge of the situation and the reports that D-Line coach Keith Gilmore is out at #NotreDame are wrong. New #NotreDame defensive coordinator @CoachMikeElko will have a chance to interview and choose his staff. He hasn't met with Gilmore yet." Eric Hansen SBT
A Twitter list by ‎@SBTribune

Good get rid of the whole bunch of them. If you hired Elko let him bring in who he wants not who Kelly wants. Kelly basically has to turn this team over to his assistants and hope he hired the right people.I don't think Lou told his assistants how to coach.He knew they were good and let them do their thing.

"Just spoke with a source with knowledge of the situation and the reports that D-Line coach Keith Gilmore is out at #NotreDame are wrong. New #NotreDame defensive coordinator @CoachMikeElko will have a chance to interview and choose his staff. He hasn't met with Gilmore yet." Eric Hansen SBT
A Twitter list by ‎@SBTribune

Hansen deleted all references on SBT and Insider. 24/7 sports retracted their piece, as did WNDU.

ISD is stating that the reports weren't just premature -- they are wrong.

Speculation from the start that Elko would bring his DL coach with him, and Gilmore would be out. Sounds as though the DL coach is the favorite to replace him at Wake. The journalistic standard of having corroborating sources is dead at our major news agencies, so why should we expect anything better from online sporting news? I think Elko makes the decisions on who his position coaches will be, and Gilmore seemed to be a really good DL coach until BVG arrived and worked his magic.

That's what Eric Hansen said on twitter later on as I posted?:confused::confused::confused:

Good get rid of the whole bunch of them. If you hired Elko let him bring in who he wants not who Kelly wants. Kelly basically has to turn this team over to his assistants and hope he hired the right people.I don't think Lou told his assistants how to coach.He knew they were good and let them do their thing.
I seem to remember that Lou would not just let his assistants "do their thing", if the defense was playing like crap he would take over

Reactions: Kelso86
You're supposed to wait until it's posted on NDN and CGV posts th
You're a regular Brenda Starr.
Maybe Jimmy Olsen.....
What a wash woman.....
"I have a scoop...I have a scoop!!!!"
Damn you Pennick, the only news to be reported here is relayed posts from NDN via the messenger boy!

I seem to remember that Lou would not just let his assistants "do their thing", if the defense was playing like crap he would take over

That is so true -- didn't he fire Gary Darnell before the Sugar Bowl and basically ran both the offense and defense during bowl practice?

That is so true -- didn't he fire Gary Darnell before the Sugar Bowl and basically ran both the offense and defense during bowl practice?

Yep, Lou did take over the defense for that game because the defense wasn't up to standards under Darnell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT