ADVERTISEMENT

Patterson & the ND O-Line

Wow. You are really lost.

Lugg is a very good guard. He's never given up a hurry, sack, or pressure playing guard. You are judging him because Quinn, a known shitty coach, moved him around because he was capable, and Quinn recruited mostly interior guys. To say he's not good based on playing out of position under Quinn is just ignorance.

Patterson is a good center. He's never played a down of guard. In fact he's played about three weeks at guard. It's actually quite possible that in the first game he'd be the biggest liability of the line, as the least experienced at his position. Not the least talented, just the biggest liability. It took him half a season to adjust to center.

He's not elite at guard. He wasn't elite at tackle. He was elite at center last year.

No argument lugg was not elite at tackle or center, but he was at guard. Which is the position Harry recruited him to play and the reason he returned.

You are wrong on this one. The right side will be the side they run behind. For a reason.
Lugg was not good at guard in 2020. He gave up multiple hurries at UNC alone and got whipped vs Clemson in acc championship.

Lugg is a very good guard. He's never given up a hurry, sack, or pressure playing guard. You are judging him because Quinn, a known shitty coach, moved him around because he was capable, and Quinn recruited mostly interior guys. To say he's not good based on playing out of position under Quinn is just ignorance.

Patterson is a good center. He's never played a down of guard. In fact he's played about three weeks at guard. It's actually quite possible that in the first game he'd be the biggest liability of the line, as the least experienced at his position. Not the least talented, just the biggest liability. It took him half a season to adjust to center.

He's not elite at guard. He wasn't elite at tackle. He was elite at center last year.

No argument lugg was not elite at tackle or center, but he was at guard. Which is the position Harry recruited him to play and the reason he returned.

You are wrong on this one. The right side will be the side they run behind. For a reason.
LOL

You didn't watch the 2019 or 2020 ND team

Or

You are related to Josh Lugg

Or

You are the worst OL evaluator Ive ever seen

Theyll run to the right because Blake Fisher is an absolute monster

I certainly am not a fan of “rumors” and trying to speculate before news is substantiated but there’s been some eerie Twitter noise in regards to Patterson right now. We all know how essential he is to our line. Hoping it’s nothing serious and we’re good to go for the Buckeyes.

Looks like 6 OL missed practice to which my brain naturally thinks covid protocol but just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone has heard anything.
Go Irish!

you read the latest protocols? there are none!

Lugg may in fact be a very good, or even elite guard, but we sure as hell haven’t seen this, at least not yet! I thought it was generally accepted that Lugg struggled at guard in 2020. It was openly talked about by Kelly and others that Lugg played that year with a nagging back problem and that this affected his play. The following year, Kelly talked about moving Lugg to tackle, a position he was better suited for. I was very Skeptical of the thought Lugg would even start this year, but I trust HH to put the best five combo on the field, and he obviously likes Lugg at RG. Frankly, I hope you are proven right as to Lugg being elite, but we have yet to see this.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Lugg may in fact be a very good, or even elite guard, but we sure as hell haven’t seen this, at least not yet! I thought it was generally accepted that Lugg struggled at guard in 2020. It was openly talked about by Kelly and others that Lugg played that year with a nagging back problem and that this affected his play. The following year, Kelly talked about moving Lugg to tackle, a position he was better suited for. I was very Skeptical of the thought Lugg would even start this year, but I trust HH to put the best five combo on the field, and he obviously likes Lugg at RG. Frankly, I hope you are proven right as to Lugg being elite, but we have yet to see this.
I hope he is proven right this season as well. But he hasnt been very good in his career here. I think he will have his best season under HH this year

Would be very surprised if Patterson doesn't start vs Ohio State.

Meanwhile Kristofic and Spindler get a bunch of reps with the 1's that they need.

LOL

You didn't watch the 2019 or 2020 ND team

Or

You are related to Josh Lugg

Or

You are the worst OL evaluator Ive ever seen

Theyll run to the right because Blake Fisher is an absolute monster
Yeah I mean, I guess Harry Heistand is really bad too, otherwise Patterson would be on the right.

Yeah I mean, I guess Harry Heistand is really bad too, otherwise Patterson would be on the right.
I cant talk to you about OL play anynore. It has been proven you really didnt have a clue on how Josh Lugg has played the last 2 seasons

I cant talk to you about OL play anynore. It has been proven you really didnt have a clue on how Josh Lugg has played the last 2 seasons
Look dumbass. Your wrong it's not worth a debate.

#1 in 2020 lugg played with a blown back all year. It's a fact. He still gave up zero sacks. In 2021 he had a swollen knee that he played with all year and still did as well as anyone could with that debacle.

#2. He didn't play guard last year, he played tackle. Again out of position and had to play the way Quinn taught it. Catching. Just like alt and everyone else.

Hh has said emphatically on multiple occasions that lugg is going to surprise this year and is the 3rd or 4th beat lineman they have.

Not me. The ****ing coach.

Your jerking off Patterson, who has NEVER played left guard and who has only started practicing for the last two weeks at the position.

It's obvious you don't understand that the consistency of the team working together is more important than the individual. ESPECIALLY ON THE ROAD IN GAME ONE.

Kristofic played beside alt most of last year...beside Zeke...you know when Patterson couldn't because he was out.

LG is by far the most replaceable position on a Harry Heistand line as far as responsibilities.

My point stands. It will be barely noticeable if Patterson doesn't play.

Look dumbass. Your wrong it's not worth a debate.

#1 in 2020 lugg played with a blown back all year. It's a fact. He still gave up zero sacks. In 2021 he had a swollen knee that he played with all year and still did as well as anyone could with that debacle.

#2. He didn't play guard last year, he played tackle. Again out of position and had to play the way Quinn taught it. Catching. Just like alt and everyone else.

Hh has said emphatically on multiple occasions that lugg is going to surprise this year and is the 3rd or 4th beat lineman they have.

Not me. The ****ing coach.

Your jerking off Patterson, who has NEVER played left guard and who has only started practicing for the last two weeks at the position.

It's obvious you don't understand that the consistency of the team working together is more important than the individual. ESPECIALLY ON THE ROAD IN GAME ONE.

Kristofic played beside alt most of last year...beside Zeke...you know when Patterson couldn't because he was out.

LG is by far the most replaceable position on a Harry Heistand line as far as responsibilities.

My point stands. It will be barely noticeable if Patterson doesn't play.
Look dumbass, the guy only played 252 snaps in 2020. And he gave up 6 pressures and 2 QB hits. He barely played and he didnt play well. He stunk last year.

I think Lugg will be the 4th or 5th best OL this year. That has nothing to do with what he has done in the past (not good). He also should be better, he's in year 6 now.

HH has put his best offensive guard at left guard on his lines. Thats where he puts his best OG. Ever hear of guys named Quenton Nelson or Chris Watt?

Patterson is our best guard, that's why he is there.

Would be very surprised if Patterson doesn't start vs Ohio State.

Meanwhile Kristofic and Spindler get a bunch of reps with the 1's that they need.
Agree. I can’t see Patterson sitting this out.

And yes- the extra reps for Rocco are valuable.

Look dumbass, the guy only played 252 snaps in 2020. And he gave up 6 pressures and 2 QB hits. He barely played and he didnt play well. He stunk last year.

I think Lugg will be the 4th or 5th best OL this year. That has nothing to do with what he has done in the past (not good). He also should be better, he's in year 6 now.

HH has put his best offensive guard at left guard on his lines. Thats where he puts his best OG. Ever hear of guys named Quenton Nelson or Chris Watt?

Patterson is our best guard, that's why he is there.
Golson- gut feeling: does Patterson play vs tOSU?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT