ADVERTISEMENT

Sometimes...

There is 0 chance we lost to Marshall or Stanford with BK. Close games? Yep. BK would have managed the hell out of those 2 games and found a way to win. With BK we go 9-3 or 10-2. With Freeman, we go 6-6 at best.
We almost lost to Toledo last year if the rb doesn't make a mental mistake. And that was with Coan. How would he do with Pyne and buchner. Definitely a chance he basically did it just last year

Don't forget he went 4 and 8 and had losses to navy tulsa and usf

Reactions: tbonesays
We almost lost to Toledo last year if the rb doesn't make a mental mistake. And that was with Coan. How would he do with Pyne and buchner. Definitely a chance he basically did it just last year

Don't forget he went 4 and 8 and had losses to navy tulsa and usf
He got better with age and experience. Also, "almost losing" is fine with me.

Before you say Freeman will get better with time and age, recognize that he's the most inexperienced head coach in P5 football. If he's resilient, he might be good 10 years from now after he cuts his teeth at places like ND. His players nor his coaches are afraid of him. A little fearing the wrath of a man with high expectations can go a long ways.

I agree with you. But to get to the point you are talking about we might need to get a new OC and for sure we need to recruit or land a game changer at QB.

All of this is irrelevant without an elite Qb
Amen amen amen. Big time QB changes everything.

He got better with age and experience. Also, "almost losing" is fine with me.

Before you say Freeman will get better with time and age, recognize that he's the most inexperienced head coach in P5 football. If he's resilient, he might be good 10 years from now after he cuts his teeth at places like ND. His players nor his coaches are afraid of him. A little fearing the wrath of a man with high expectations can go a long ways.
I wasnt fine with that Toledo game. That was an embarrassment

Reactions: tbonesays
I wasnt fine with that Toledo game. That was an embarrassment
The first 5 games of the year last year were just as bad as what we have witnessed this season. The difference is ND managed to win them. But there's no way the quality of play was better. And Cinci was a good team but the ND poor play helped them as much as their generational talent.

The first 5 games of the year last year were just as bad as what we have witnessed this season. The difference is ND managed to win them. But there's no way the quality of play was better. And Cinci was a good team but the ND poor play helped them as much as their generational talent.
I agree. I think we'd have the same record as last yr if we had Coan right now. I dont see any coaching difference

Foskey won’t sniff the 1st round, may be closer to 3rd than 1st. Patterson likely the same. 3 highly regarded draft prospects, I’ll give you talented but not elite as was initially suggested
These aren’t freshmen or sophomores who eventually didnt live up to their “initially suggested” potential—these are seniors who looked like likely 1st round, early second round picks just last year.

BK got adept at knowing what his personnel couldn't do and avoiding game plans that would ask them to do it. At least on the passing side of the offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT