G Parker Gone. Wow!

IrishMike409

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 27, 2011
Wow. Things can change fast.

Does Freeman go get a new OC?

Promote from within?

Big decisions to be made.

Welp, wish him well at Troy St., or wherever. Just glad to have him out of here. Even though he did finish the season strong, or at least the offense did. But nevertheless, we get a true OC now, for better or worse, hopefully/presumably for the better. So it's high time...

Chip Long who IMO was 2x the OC and play caller Parker was, got banned to coaching Siberia after BK let him go. And now Gerard Parker gets a Head Coaching job?

We live in interesting times!

Chip Long who IMO was 2x the OC and play caller Parker was, got banned to coaching Siberia after BK let him go. And now Gerard Parker gets a Head Coaching job?

I know! Chip Long did seem like a young hotshot OC with real chops, who seemingly had a bright future, and even interviewed with Bama. And then Parker who appeared at least to me to be, as of like, two years ago before his buddy gave him a job, seemed to be existing on the margins of the D-1 assistant coaching ranks, with perhaps not so bright a future moving forward.

And now he's a D-1 HC. Maybe he'll hire Chip Long to be his OC...

If I recall correctly, there were rumors that he wasn't the easiest guy to get along with. Wouldn't mind Freeman giving Long a look though.

Depends on who replaces him.
I like our chances with just about anyone in this case, change is needed — for the team, the fan base, and more importantly - Freeman’s career

The bowl game could be Gino's audition. He'll be calling plays.

He was an average OC at best, can’t imagine that translates into stellar HC.
He was known as a good wr coach. He was a very good TE coach here. He was a good recruiter here. And his offense was top 10 in his first year calling plays.

Do I know if he will be a good HC, no clue. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was

He was known as a good wr coach. He was a very good TE coach here. He was a good recruiter here. And his offense was top 10 in his first year calling plays.

Do I know if he will be a good HC, no clue. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was

This Is exactly how Troy probably made this hire…
Looked that the stats and said we had one of our best offenses ever.

They did us a massive favor. Guy is in completely over his head

Reactions: scubastevefl
I am beyond stunned that Parker’s head coach somewhere. Did not see this coming at all who did can’t say I’m disappointed to see him go

Reactions: Fightingirish595
I am beyond stunned that Parker’s head coach somewhere. Did not see this coming at all who did can’t say I’m disappointed to see him go
Gotta remember that Parker was an ascending young coach, then I believe he got a DUI, and that slowed down his trajectory.

Agree. Way too much blame on Parker. He wasn’t great. Wasn’t bad. I think he actually did a better job than Rees. Rees had pathetic games vs bad bad competition.
I don't get the hate for Parker. We were 29th in the nation in total offense, but 9th in yards per play. That's not bad at all. Meanwhile, the guy everybody wanted last year, Ludwig - his offense was ranked 84th this year without their star QB.

We'll see. He's a good football coach. We'll see how he is as a head coach
He’s failed everywhere he’s coached at other than TEs at nd due to Mayer

He seems like-able, hardworking and a terrible coach … great formula to fail to the top

He wasn't nearly as bad as you are making it. We can do a lot worse for sure
He was a rookie and it showed. ND deserves better.
He had zero answer for Duke, Louisville or any good team that stacked box. That’s pathetic

He’s an embarrassment as an oc so stop defending him

When u get an opportunity and get paid big bucks and turn out to be average there should be relief he is Ffin gone

Reactions: bizzybecknd
He’s failed everywhere he’s coached at other than TEs at nd due to Mayer

He seems like-able, hardworking and a terrible coach … great formula to fail to the top
He was a good wr coach before he got here at Psu and WVa. Well respected in the coaching ranks. He was very good coaching TEs here. In 22 and 23. With and without Mayer. He also recruited well here

In his 1 year as OC, he coached a top 10 offense and one that scored 9 more ppg than a TR offense the year prior and higher than any TR offense

Hes a good ball coach. A good recruiter. Troy is a good program. Let's see if he does well

Seems like a nice guy but dont get the hire? Also does anybody have our average ppg and ypg against a top 50 defense under Parker.

He was a good wr coach before he got here at Psu and WVa. Well respected in the coaching ranks. He was very good coaching TEs here. In 22 and 23. With and without Mayer. He also recruited well here

In his 1 year as OC, he coached a top 10 offense and one that scored 9 more ppg than a TR offense the year prior and higher than any TR offense

Hes a good ball coach. A good recruiter. Troy is a good program. Let's see if he does well
Come on man we beat bad teams and against any top team he had no answers. Last year Rees did more with Drew Pyne than Parker did with Sam Hartman.

Come on man we beat bad teams and against any top team he had no answers. Last year Rees did more with Drew Pyne than Parker did with Sam Hartman.
Us beating the teams we are supposed to and struggling against good defenses is nothing new. Come on man you know that.

How did Rees do against Ohio State? How did he do against Cincinnati? How did he do against Alabama? How did he do against Clemson in the acc champ game? How did he do against Stanford and Marshall?

You act like this is a new thing. They all did this. Chip long too

Parker was just much better against the weaker teams than them. 39ppg is better than either of them ever did

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT