ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman needs to go

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
How much evidence does bevacqya need? Cannot get his team ready.
This is year 3. Same garbage. He lost me. No matter what happens in this Miami game, the first half is an embarrassment.
Leonard must be benched

This is year 3. Same garbage. He lost me. No matter what happens in this Miami game, the first half is an embarrassment.
Leonard must be benched
He’ll probably get a huge extension first!

Did I hear the announcers say that all the TVs were going the week after the A&M game around the football facilities?
If so, that's not good.

Ummmm…let the game play out. You don’t like Freeman, you don’t like Leonard.
ND up 14-3

Actually, most people think a lack of discipline correlates to the environment established by the coach.
I would tend to agree generally, but all it takes is one player doing something stupid like Shuler did. Freeman isn’t responsible for that, and I’d bet that he’s talked about not being an idiot.

I like Freeman as I think he's a great guy. I'm seeing more and more he's a mediocre head coach at best.
I flat out Lov the guy and it pains me he is failing. But clearly he is. Too many losses to inferior teams. Too many mistakes ala Ohio state. And taking Riley Leonard - guy can’t pass

Leonard must be benched
He's 22 and 8. Needs to keep winning. No where close to being fired

Gerry Faust was a wonderful guy
to this day still a great ND guy
But he was a lousy college HC

Belicek and Saban are not wonderful guys by any stretch of the imagination

Lou was a great guy so it can happen but by and large the wonderful guys do not cut it

Reactions: BigSDI
He’s 22 and 9. 70% winning percentage at ND is below average. Hope he starts winning a lot more soon.
22 and 8 as a real coach. Not his 1 game as a coach without a full staff and opt outs after trying to hold your recruiting class together.

His winning pct. is 73%. Not good enough but not bad either. Keep winning

the bowl game goes in his official record book. OSU had opt outs as well. ND had that game won but conceded a 21pt lead.
Agree. It’s on his official record and he was coaching all year so it’s not like he just came in to coach the bowl game. It was his defense that choked away the game anyway even if he wasn’t the one calling plays.

If he wins, I doubt many are saying that it doesn’t count for him.

I watched the game on delay. I’ll take the win. But this was not a good performance. Against a pretty bad Miami (O) team.

I saw the same stubbornness regarding how to use RL. Even the announcers were saying ND needed to establish a running game. With some variation.

Freeman again showed me he’s average. But I wouldn’t fire him either. Play the season out. Assess.

I doubt there are compelling alternatives. As we constantly discuss, ND has some impediments getting a top coach. It is what it is.

I’ll continue to enjoy the ride.

the bowl game goes in his official record book. OSU had opt outs as well. ND had that game won but conceded a 21pt lead.
It goes into the record books but that was BKs team and not a normal spot for game 1 as a head coach. So put it in the record books

But he's 22 and 8 as a real head coach of Notre Dame. Have to win more games. 73% isn't good enough here

Reactions: McCallen ND NYC
Leonard must be benched
Watced a good part of SC Michigan today. Notre Dame wouldn't beat Michigan and as of today, I don't see them beating SC. I can see them having 3-4 total losses before the end of the season. Do they have any down field skill players to stretch the field?
Even if they did, do they have a QB that can get them the ball? Sorry, apart from some good defensive play fhey don't have a strong enough offensive team to win more than 9 games, even with an over all weak schedule. The first half was really bad today. To me they just look like a terribly coached team. And NIU lost today. That really makes ND look bad.

Watced a good part of SC Michigan today. Notre Dame wouldn't beat Michigan and as of today, I don't see them beating SC. I can see them having 3-4 total losses before the end of the season. Do they have any down field skill players to stretch the field?
Even if they did, do they have a QB that can get them the ball? Sorry, apart from some good defensive play fhey don't have a strong enough offensive team to win more than 9 games, even with an over all weak schedule. The first half was really bad today. To me they just look like a terribly coached team. And NIU lost today. That really makes ND look bad.
Schedule isn't bad like you are making it out to be

Actually there pretty much the same team very good defense can run the ball but can't pass..

Freeman has no clue how to get the team ready every week. To come out flat again at home is pathetic.

I was at the game, the first half Miami won both LOS… that just can’t happen. That’s effort, expectation, and holding people accountable to a standard.

I watched the game on delay. I’ll take the win. But this was not a good performance. Against a pretty bad Miami (O) team.

I saw the same stubbornness regarding how to use RL. Even the announcers were saying ND needed to establish a running game. With some variation.

Freeman again showed me he’s average. But I wouldn’t fire him either. Play the season out. Assess.

I doubt there are compelling alternatives. As we constantly discuss, ND has some impediments getting a top coach. It is what it is.

I’ll continue to enjoy the ride.
who would you like to see as coach? and their record is?

He can’t throw them at the level he should be able to
He's never going to be that type of qb. He's a serious running threat. When we use him properly and if he can continue to improve, this offense will look really good. Denbrock needs to stop starting the game trying to have him be a drop back passer. He's a dual threat qb. Use him like one

Reactions: KYExtemper
He's not throwing well. But somehow he is completing 64% of his passes. You are being hyperbolic
You are purposely misleading here. He missed 4 passes in the flat (high, 5 yards ahead of WR, bounced one, 7 yards ahead of WR) that were drive killers. Threw 3 over middle that were late, one killed a drive. Greathouse and Mitchell adjusted and caught the other 2. And that darn fumble. Individually stopped 5 drives himself when he couldn’t hit easy passes. That might not get us past Ville or GT or FSU or USC.

Had a great throw to Collins for the TD and to Mitchell (PI). Had his usual great running game. But he is jamming up this offense. Then you have spotty OL play.

Freeman, being indecisive here to play Angelli, is gonna hamstring this team and his future.

We’re a dominant defense, run first offense, with three of our five projected starting OL injured and not playing; with a first year transfer QB and new OC. Leonard absolutely stunk for much of the first half, as did much of the play of our OL. Both settled in and delivered a solid 25 pt win. IMO, This was Leonard’s best passing game after a horrendous start. Great to see several downfield passes, and Leonard might have really good passing numbers and multiple passing td’s if not for the pass interference calls.
So, progress, albeit ugly progress. We’re getting far enough into the season, with four games under our belt, where we should expect better play by the OL and Leonard, and much improved execution by our offense. Next week’s game against Louisville will dictate whether I jump on Ski’s rickety bandwagon, or continue to keep my hopeful feet firmly planted on the ground.

Reactions: chaseball
He's never going to be that type of qb. He's a serious running threat. When we use him properly and if he can continue to improve, this offense will look really good. Denbrock needs to stop starting the game trying to have him be a drop back passer. He's a dual threat qb. Use him like one
The problem is we start the game running east west into a stacked box and continue it a lot then get 2nd and 11

We have 1-1 outside all day to take shots. We either completed it or got PI almost every time.

They’re starting Leonard due to NIL contract, it’s pretty clear, and I was a Leonard fan before A&M. They’re all in now so they better have a good plan how to move the ball against an actual good D. Other than hoping someone busts a run

Reactions: 4-4-3
You are purposely misleading here. He missed 4 passes in the flat (high, 5 yards ahead of WR, bounced one, 7 yards ahead of WR) that were drive killers. Threw 3 over middle that were late, one killed a drive. Greathouse and Mitchell adjusted and caught the other 2. And that darn fumble. Individually stopped 5 drives himself when he couldn’t hit easy passes. That might not get us past Ville or GT or FSU or USC.

Had a great throw to Collins for the TD and to Mitchell (PI). Had his usual great running game. But he is jamming up this offense. Then you have spotty OL play.

Freeman, being indecisive here to play Angelli, is gonna hamstring this team and his future.
Need Leonard to be the qb because of this OL and if he ever gets the passing game, the offense would have far more potential with him than Angeli

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT