ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman needs to go

Last year, against ND, Clemson, LVille and FSU (4 ranked teams)

Riley was....

45 for 99

499 Yards passing

1 TD 3 INT

😂
He was also surrounded by Duke talent in those games. He's now piloting a much more powerful engine with far more horse power at Notre Dame.

Last edited:

Riley was....

45 for 99

499 Yards passing

1 TD 3 INT

😂
Yes but he had the potential to go 90-99, 1200 yards passing, 10 TDs and 0 INT. He also may go in the first RD of NFL draft. This per our resident know it all, I mean MEL

Reactions: NDinNJ

Riley was....

45 for 99

499 Yards passing

1 TD 3 INT

😂
He was injured against Louisville and FSU. While he was healthy he beat Clemson which we lost to and played us to 1 score with almost zero nfl talent. . So very well he played

Need Leonard to be the qb because of this OL and if he ever gets the passing game, the offense would have far more potential with him than Angeli
I agree, which is why I thought Minchey would be the better option when we talked about a hypothetical injury knocking Leonard out of a game. Haven’t seen enough of Minchey throwing, but always thought his athleticism made him a better option in Denbrock’s offense and with this OL. Angeli absolutely can make all the throws, but he needs time; not the collapsing pocket we see way too often with this OL. The mistakes and whiffs by Knapp and Pendleton don’t get talked enough.

22 and 8 as a real coach. Not his 1 game as a coach without a full staff and opt outs after trying to hold your recruiting class together.

His winning pct. is 73%. Not good enough but not bad either. Keep winning

Blowing a 20+ point lead against OSU in the bowl game is on Freeman. Sorry, that cards weren’t THAT stacked against him.

Reactions: futuredomer
He was injured against Louisville and FSU. While he was healthy he beat Clemson which we lost to and played us to 1 score with almost zero nfl talent. . So very well he played
You're clearly obsessed with me. You keep responding to my comments.

No one cares what you have to say, you've lost all credibility. He CAN'T throw. He has a noodle arm and is very inaccurate, we've seen it last year and this year. He's at a 64% clip throwing passes that for any other decent QB would be at minimum an 80% completion rate, but you keep believing he's 1st round talent while the rest of the world laughs at you.

Last edited:
You're clearly obsessed with me. You keep responding to my comments.

No one cares what you have to say, you've lost all credibility. He CAN'T throw. He has a noodle arm and is very inaccurate, we've seen it last year and this year. He's at a 64% clip throwing passes that for any other decent QB would be at minimum an 80% completion rate, but you keep believing he's 1st round talent while the rest of the world laughs at you.
Noodle arm lol

No you stated an opinion. Like fire Kelly Freeman Leonard and we can't recruit. All opinions.

So I laugh at them and know now you are a troll
Zero credibility Golson5, you've already proven what little knowledge you have about football, and evaluating athletes. Add in losing a bet to PatIrish, and not paying on it, making you a deadbeat. Not understand the meaning of "Dual Threat" QB, and unable to see that Riley Leonard is extremely inaccurate, making you the clown of this forum. Finally, I'm enjoying living rent free in your head. You are obsessed, and I'm LMAO at you!

Zero credibility Golson5, you've already proven what little knowledge you have about football, and evaluating athletes. Add in losing a bet to PatIrish, and not paying on it, making you a deadbeat. Not understand the meaning of "Dual Threat" QB, and unable to see that Riley Leonard is extremely inaccurate, making you the clown of this forum. Finally, I'm enjoying living rent free in your head. You are obsessed, and I'm LMAO at you!
Needed a good laugh again. Thank you

What a troll.

I'm just stating facts, but you keep doing you. I'm enjoying living rent free in your head.
Yet you continue to say you're done responding but either respond or bring me up without prompt in every thread...

Keep telling yourself that 🤣🤣

Kenny Minchey throws one of the most gorgeous, effortless balls I've ever seen. In his HS clips at least. Don't know if he's ready, or how good he'd actually be, but he definitely has arm talent. But so did Tyler Buchner, and everyone seems to think he was an awful passer. And Minchey's a pretty decent athlete, better than Angeli.

Minchey reminds me a bit of Kizer. A good athlete, great arm, maybe a little bit raw and lacking in passion for the sport or something. But he definitely has raw talent and tools.

Kenny Minchey throws one of the most gorgeous, effortless balls I've ever seen. In his HS clips at least. Don't know if he's ready, or how good he'd actually be, but he definitely has arm talent. But so did Tyler Buchner, and everyone seems to think he was an awful passer. And Minchey's a pretty decent athlete, better than Angeli.

Minchey reminds me a bit of Kizer. A good athlete, great arm, maybe a little bit raw and lacking in passion for the sport or something. But he definitely has raw talent and tools.
Ya know, I hope I’m wrong but the minchey saga reminds me of guys who did not get a chance in college and go on to become great pros.

Regarding freeman - i really like the guy yet he keeps shooting himself in the foot. Just heard his pre game comment to the team where he said “we are going to take what Miami gives us and be opportunistic”. What a lame comment. How is that going to get his team pumped? He should have said, we are better, bigger, more talented and are going to impose our will and take this to them.

Reactions: Get Nasty
How much evidence does bevacqya need? Cannot get his team ready.
This is year 3. Same garbage. He lost me. No matter what happens in this Miami game, the first half is an embarrassment.
Leonard must be benched
Could Not Agree More....How many more years do you think we will suffer through this awful hire?...

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
They were. And that's fine. It's on his official record.

But not on his real record when evaluating him as a head coach

As it should be. If he won that game, you’d surely advocate for it to be counted. He lost after being spotted a 21 pt lead and you want to argue the cards were stacked against him? Are you being serious or sarcastic?

• Haha
As it should be. If he won that game, you’d surely advocate for it to be counted. He lost after being spotted a 21 pt lead and you want to argue the cards were stacked against him? Are you being serious or sarcastic?
Oh, he’s serious. Trust me.

He's never going to be that type of qb. He's a serious running threat. When we use him properly and if he can continue to improve, this offense will look really good. Denbrock needs to stop starting the game trying to have him be a drop back passer. He's a dual threat qb. Use him like one
Isn't a dual threat quarterback one who is a threat as a runner and as a passer?

And yet........he still sucks
You’re a clown. The dude was playing on a high ankle sprain vs 2 of those teams. Lol! You’re a ****ing clown and a puss. I’d love to watch you do chores around the house with your husband yelling at you with a high ankle. It would be worse than his performance for sure.

Ya know, I hope I’m wrong but the minchey saga reminds me of guys who did not get a chance in college and go on to become great pros.

Regarding freeman - i really like the guy yet he keeps shooting himself in the foot. Just heard his pre game comment to the team where he said “we are going to take what Miami gives us and be opportunistic”. What a lame comment. How is that going to get his team pumped? He should have said, we are better, bigger, more talented and are going to impose our will and take this to them.
Yeah, nobody missed that little pregame throwaway remark, in the ND mediasphere, and they were all pretty unimpressed. Understandably, that was sort of an oddly underwhelming comment to make. He said the quiet part out loud I guess.

We just outscored our last 2 opponents by a combined score of 94-10, and yet people around here want the QB benched and the coach fired. Tough crowd.

Reactions: irishalice
Dead serious. Not his staff. Not his team. And he wasn't spotted anything.

Not part of his evaluation as a head coach. He's 22 and 8 as a real head coach of Notre Dame

We just outscored our last 2 opponents by a combined score of 94-10, and yet people around here want the QB benched and the coach fired. Tough crowd.
Yeah, fair enough. When you put it that way it is hard to argue. Easy opponents but still, those are both eminently comfortable wins. But the collective ND fan nation is nonetheless at their wits' end. I'm not sure there's one voice in the ND mediasphere, and very few among fans that aren't at a loss over ND's at least perceived uninspired play.

I'm a bit torn myself. The passing game definitely sucks, and that's really the only problem I see. But it still seems like all the same we could manage to be 10-1 by just keep doing what we've been doing, entering the USC game, and just ride our defense and eke out the wins if necessary. Our schedule is just that easy. The Louisville game could tell the tale.

Yeah, fair enough. When you put it that way it is hard to argue. Easy opponents but still, those are both eminently comfortable wins. But the collective ND fan nation is nonetheless at their wits' end. I'm not sure there's one voice in the ND mediasphere, and very few among fans that aren't at a loss over ND's at least perceived uninspired play.
They've come out flat twice, both at home against MAC teams. They played much better on the road against P4 teams. So if I fault Freeman for anything, it's not getting the team up for lesser opponents at home. Maybe he needs to do something different to light a fire under them for those kinds of games.

Tyler Buchner was good throwing his soph year in HS … he was not good after his injury and throwing motion change. Riley is better than Buchner at throwing and Riley is bad

You’re a clown. The dude was playing on a high ankle sprain vs 2 of those teams. Lol! You’re a ****ing clown and a puss. I’d love to watch you do chores around the house with your husband yelling at you with a high ankle. It would be worse than his performance for sure.
Last year doesn’t matter… he’s been awful throwing ALL 4 games at ND thi year, 2 vs MAC opponents … that's all you need to know and see. Freeman not benching him at half time vs niu will screw ND unless Riley makes massive improvements going forward (not likely this far into the season)

In person warmups Riley clearly has worst throwing motion of the 4 and is by far the least accurate. It’s frichan easy to see in warmups. Comparison, book was frichan elite thrower in warmups but just scared to throw it downfield in games. Riley can’t even do it in warmups well

Dead serious. Not his staff. Not his team. And he wasn't spotted anything.

Not part of his evaluation as a head coach. He's 22 and 8 as a real head coach of Notre Dame
Just because you say that Marcus Freeman wasn’t responsible for the Oklahoma State loss does not mean it’s true.

22-9. That’s Marcus Freeman’s record.

Just because you say that Marcus Freeman wasn’t responsible for the Oklahoma State loss does not mean it’s true.

22-9. That’s Marcus Freeman’s record.
It's on his record. But it's not part of his evaluation as a head coach

It's as simple as that. Only people who are anti MF would consider that. No one else would

He's 22 and 8 as a real head coach

Reactions: irishalice
It's on his record. But it's not part of his evaluation as a head coach

It's as simple as that. Only people who are anti MF would consider that. No one else would

He's 22 and 8 as a real head coach
I am not anti Freeman. Except I have never been a fan of head coaches that are player friendly. A buddy type. A players coach.

He’s 22/9.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT