ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Parker NOW! Play Minchey

Terry Jillery

Irish Guard
Feb 12, 2023
The season is over. No playoff. No NY6. Cupcake opponents. Playing Hartman and keeping Parker in the booth is like giving up on 2024 for the sake of 2023.

Reactions: edub72
That would be Carr in 24.
Hard to say. Minchey is good. He was 4th at Elite 11 and according to all media has the best arm on the roster. I’m not sure I’d say Carr is definitely higher ceiling, but I’d lean that be perhaps does. I do think both Minchey and Carr have more first round draft potential than Angeli. Angeli is not a future first round pick potential guy according to anyone. He’s your prototypical ND kid. Mid talent with solid leadership. Can’t make every throw but can win you 9 games.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Hard to say. Minchey is good. He was 4th at Elite 11 and according to all media has the best arm on the roster. I’m not sure I’d say Carr is definitely higher ceiling, but I’d lean that be perhaps does. I do think both Minchey and Carr have more first round draft potential than Angeli. Angeli is not a future first round pick potential guy according to anyone. He’s your prototypical ND kid. Mid talent with solid leadership. Can’t make every throw but can win you 9 games.
Agree we need to know what we have at QB for next year. Sitting Sam abruptly will be a bad look for any future portal QB opportunities. I think the perfect scenario is starting Sam against Wake; open up the passing game and get out to a big lead, then sit Sam and play the better of Angeli and Minchey in relief; and have Sam embrace sitting out the last game and any bowl game.

As for Minchey vs Angeli, neither has seen any meaningful game time, so impossible for me to have an opinion as to which is better with the higher ceiling.

Agree we need to know what we have at QB for next year. Sitting Sam abruptly will be a bad look for any future portal QB opportunities. I think the perfect scenario is starting Sam against Wake; open up the passing game and get out to a big lead, then sit Sam and play the better of Angeli and Minchey in relief; and have Sam embrace sitting out the last game and any bowl game.

As for Minchey vs Angeli, neither has seen any meaningful game time, so impossible for me to have an opinion as to which is better with the higher ceiling.
Totally agree. Best course of action

First and foremost for next season is to have a very talented OC and that is not Parker. The experiment failed badly. If Freeman wants a winning legacy, he's gonna have to try to keep Golden and replace the non-adjusting Parker. Don't go to the portal for a qb. At this stage I feel the statuesque Coan was been than Hartman. Not attacking Hartman but he hasn't exactly been spot on in passing against tougher teams. I think his NFL stock is dropping rapidly.Wish it wasn't this way, but it's the truth. I can't and won't sugar coat it.

Why would it necessarily look bad for any future portal qb[I hope we don't need anymore]? If they have confidence and FIT THE ND system then They would have no problem coming. Hartman was in WF system and it was way different than what ND demands. Plus Parker's schemes were deplorable for the toughest teams on schedule. He had zero adjustments or answers!! That somewhat affected Hartman. But Hartman has made some really bad passes too.

Then replace every senior on offense and defense for a younger player.

For you to continually point at Sam Hartman as the scapegoat is disingenuous.
No. We don't have 1 other player on offense who is out of eligibility. And on defense we only have 3. Im okay with them playing someone over Brown

No. We don't have 1 other player on offense who is out of eligibility. And on defense we only have 3. Im okay with them playing someone over Brown
Against WF and Stanford, you play the players that allows the team the best chance to win. Period.

If Steve Angeli and Kenny Minchey were those guys, they would have played meaningful snaps far earlier. They weren't good enough.

Reactions: NDblitz
Against WF and Stanford, you play the players that allows the team the best chance to win. Period.

If Steve Angeli and Kenny Minchey were those guys, they would have played meaningful snaps far earlier. They weren't good enough.
I would build the team for the future and still win. Hartman will not be here next year. Hes not a Notre Dame kid. He's a transfer. We don't have an allegiance to him. Play the young guys and evaluate them if they can be the guys for next year.

I would build the team for the future and still win. Hartman will not be here next year. Hes not a Notre Dame kid. He's a transfer. We don't have an allegiance to him. Play the young guys and evaluate them if they can be the guys for next year.
Bullshit. Play the players that allows the team the best chance to win games now.

Joe Alt will not be at Notre Dame season. While we are at it, let's sit Joe Alt as well.

Javontae Jean-Baptiste will be gone.

Sit him down.
Why?

He's not playing poorly. And he does sit. His backups play about 40% of the snaps.

His backups get meaningful reps to improve and for the coaches to get an evaluation of the younger guys.

Thats not happening at QB and the QB is playing poorly

Bad take

The offense is a bad look. What's the difference?

He won't be here next year. He's a transfer. He's not playing well

So yeah sit him
Let's also sit your "elite" RB, Audric Estime, who will be in the NFL next season.

No carries, let's evaluate the RB room.

Let's also sit your "elite" RB, Audric Estime, who will be in the NFL next season.

No carries, let's evaluate the RB room.
We do. They play a lot. Estime doesn't get all the reps.

Estime is a junior and is a ND kid

And he's playing very well unlike the QB

Another bad take

Let's definitely sit Joe Alt. He's gone to the NFL, and the backup OL guys don't get much time.

Gotta evaluate for 2024.

This season is a bust. It matters next to nothing if we end up 10-3 or 8 - 4 in the big picture. We've been there done that over and over again. Going to play in a minor meaningless bowl means little to nothing in terms of W or L for this program. What matters is player development and player evaluation for the younger players who will determine the success of the next few seasons. We can't continue to live every year off the portal for qb s. We've got to grow our own at some point. Imo Hartman should start and play the,1st half in WF game. Then he should sit for next 2.5 games. Angelli plays the entire 2nd half and starts vs Stanford. I would play Minchey the entire 2nd half of the Stanford game. We've got to figure out if we can stay in house for qb next season. The younger guys at the other positions should get significantly more snaps than normal. That's what's best for the program imo.

Reactions: Golson5
So the blame for the offense is Sam Hartman?
No. You can't read

Wrs, QB and OC are the main reasons the offense is bad

We play all of our wrs and they all have eligibiltiy. Theres nothing we can do there. Theres no more guys to play. They all play

The QB is playing like shit. Straight trash. Hes a transfer. We have no loyalty or allegiance to him. He came here and has played poorly

The Playoffs and NY6 is off the table. We need to get an evaluation on the young QBs on the roster. They need experience. It will help us for next season.

Why keep playing a 6th year guy who is playing poorly and doesn't help us for the future of the program.

Play the kids !!

This season is a bust. It matters next to nothing if we end up 10-2 or 8 - 4 in the big picture. We've been there done that over and over again. Going to play in a minor meaningless bowl means little to nothing in terms of W or L for this program. What matters is player development and player evaluation for the younger players who will determine the success of the next few seasons. We can't continue to live every year off the portal for qb s. We've got to grow our own at some point. Imo Hartman should start and play the,1st half in WF game. Then he should sit for next 2.5 games. Angelli plays the entire 2nd half and starts vs Stanford. I would play Minchey the entire 2nd half of the Stanford game. We've got to figure out if we can stay in house for qb next season. The younger guys at the other positions should get significantly more snaps than normal. That's what's best for the program imo.
Not much of an argument for me

No. You can't read

Wrs, QB and OC are the main reasons the offense is bad

We play all of our wrs and they all have eligibiltiy. Theres nothing we can do there. Theres no more guys to play. They all play

The QB is playing like shit. Straight trash. Hes a transfer. We have no loyalty or allegiance to him. He came here and has played poorly

The Playoffs and NY6 is off the table. We need to get an evaluation on the young QBs on the roster. They need experience. It will help us for next season.

Why keep playing a 6th year guy who is playing poorly and doesn't help us for the future of the program.

Play the kids !!
Play the players that gives the team the best chance to win.

This season is a bust. It matters next to nothing if we end up 10-3 or 8 - 4 in the big picture. We've been there done that over and over again. Going to play in a minor meaningless bowl means little to nothing in terms of W or L for this program. What matters is player development and player evaluation for the younger players who will determine the success of the next few seasons. We can't continue to live every year off the portal for qb s. We've got to grow our own at some point. Imo Hartman should start and play the,1st half in WF game. Then he should sit for next 2.5 games. Angelli plays the entire 2nd half and starts vs Stanford. I would play Minchey the entire 2nd half of the Stanford game. We've got to figure out if we can stay in house for qb next season. The younger guys at the other positions should get significantly more snaps than normal. That's what's best for the program imo.
Straight up garbage.

Play the players who gives the team the best chance to win.

How do you really feel?
To write "...it means next to nothing...." whether Notre Dame finishes 10-3 or 8-4, I could not disagree more.

Hell, it's Senior Day next Saturday, seniors running through the tunnel to hug parents, and you're telling me the result against WF does not matter, that what matters more is "player development...".

Bullshit.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT