ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Parker NOW! Play Minchey

It’s been pointed out by several on this board but is there any reason Gino and company continue to allow Sam Hartman’s 2 yard drops? He’s agile enough to move back and forth in the pocket yet time after time we’re forced to watch these excruciatingly short drops.

That's what practice is for. If they can't show it in practice, they certainly won't be able to in a real game. Ding ding ding!!
Backups don't get the reps in practice to show it. Have you never seen anyone get injured and the backup who replaced them is actually much better. The just didn't get the oppurtunity.....

Tom Brady and Kurt Warner are just 2 of the most famous ones that come to mind.

Sam is playing like ass.

Reactions: mirer03
Backups don't get the reps in practice to show it. Have you never seen anyone get injured and the backup who replaced them is actually much better. The just didn't get the oppurtunity.....

Tom Brady and Kurt Warner are just 2 of the most famous ones that come to mind.

Sam is playing like ass.
The NFL and College football are two completely different animals
College football Backup QB's get a ton of reps in practice. NFL not so much. Get a clue because you are clueless.

Reactions: d1042
The NFL and College football are two completely different animals
College football Backup QB's get a ton of reps in practice. NFL not so much. Get a clue because you are clueless.
Nonsense. Montana was 3rd string as a junior at ND. Coaches make mistakes all the time.

Trevor Lawrence was a backup but the coach had the guts to make a change. Even happened with Book and Wimbush.

Hurts wasnt getting it done in the Championship and Saban brought in Tua

And Backups actually play 4 preseason games and get plenty of reps. College kids have zero pre season games and less time during the week than the pros.

Nonsense. Montana was 3rd string as a junior at ND. Coaches make mistakes all the time.

Trevor Lawrence was a backup but the coach had the guts to make a change. Even happened with Book and Wimbush.

And Backups actually play 4 preseason games and get plenty of reps. College kids have zero pre season games and less time during the week than the pros.
Outliers don’t prove the rule, they’re exceptions !

Bull shit. If you can't perform on Saturdays, you sit your ass on the bench
Bull shit. If you can't perform on Saturdays, you sit your ass on the bench
Amen. Don’t forget, coaches pegged Joe Alt as a 3rd stringer and by injury became a freshman all American. Ben Mo also started on the pine but poor play on Saturdays thrusted him into the starting role. What good is practice if you can’t replicate it on game day?

Reactions: d1042 and Golson5
He was a hell of a system QB. Just not our system. We bought a lemon
He’s not a lemon—he has not performed as well here for whatever reasons. system at Wake Forest helped, of course, but he also made a whole bunch of really good throws there as well.

He was better in 2022 and 2021 than he has been this year. You can’t be 12th in the country and then 19th in the country in QBR if you’re completely a system quarterback, no matter how good the numbers look. He for sure has been better than someone like Tyler Buchner or Drew Pyne could ever hope to be.

I'd rather take the word of an actual former QB and current coach and trainer then some person on an internet forum pretending to know what they don't know.
"Even if you get a ton of reps (which happens in practice at the high school and college levels, much less so in the NFL once the season gets rolling),"

Last edited:
Reactions: d1042 and mirer03
Then bench the OC, every starting WR, the Center, and both Guards.
All wrs are playing so that point made zero sense.

The backup interior line hasn't played well when they got on so another bad point. Although the backup center held up well

Good point on the OC

He’s not a lemon—he has not performed as well here for whatever reasons. system at Wake Forest helped, of course, but he also made a whole bunch of really good throws there as well.

He was better in 2022 and 2021 than he has been this year. You can’t be 12th in the country and then 19th in the country in QBR if you’re completely a system quarterback, no matter how good the numbers look. He for sure has been better than someone like Tyler Buchner or Drew Pyne could ever hope to be.
Yes you can. Look at all the Hawaii qbs and spread teams back in the day. Pure system guys

Drew Pyne was better last year than he had been this year

I'd rather take the word of an actual former QB and current coach and trainer then some person on an internet forum pretending to know what they don't know.
"Even if you get a ton of reps (which happens in practice at the high school and college levels, much less so in the NFL once the season gets rolling),"
You're one of those dopes who think the coaches always make the right decisions on personnel. So I don't want to see you call for any position player who is not playing well to go to the bench. Because ya know that means the guy behind him isn't doing enough to start.

So we can never have a backup take over a starter during the year.

I'll make sure I remember that LOL

You're one of those dopes who think the coaches always make the right decisions on personnel. So I don't want to see you call for any position player who is not playing well to go to the bench. Because ya know that means the guy behind him isn't doing enough to start.

And you're one of those complete morons that believes they know better than the coaches without sitting in on a single practice. Serious question, are you truly that dumb? There is a reason Hartman is still QB1. It's clear none of the other QB's has shown to be better than Hartman. That's determined in the hours of practice time and reps they get. I keep proving the idiot you are and I'm enjoying it.

Reactions: d1042
Nah I'm actually not. We have a QB that is playing below average. We have 2 young guys that need playing time and evaluation. It's actually a pretty easy decision
It's actually really stupid.

1. Forget future transfers
2. Playing angeli, who shouldn't be a starting candidate helps no one
3. If Hartman is outplaying both of them in practice...and all reports are it's not close what are you telling the rest of the team about practice

This is a recipe to lose a team.

3. If Hartman is outplaying both of them in practice...and all reports are it's not close what are you telling the rest of the team about practice

I dont care how Hartman is playing in Practice. I watch him during the games. He stinks. Performing on saturday is by far THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

I have seen only one report on "practice" on one site since August. And it said Minchey was pushing and playing really well. If you have other reports out there from practices, let me know I will read them.

Playing Angeli and Minchey who we recruited, helps evaluate them and gives them valuable reps in live action. It helps you make an easier decision on a transfer QB if they have 3 full games and a full 1.5 months of practice as the guys.

It could add some life into a dead offensive team. The current QB isnt getting the job done and we have 2 easier opponents and a bye week coming up. Now it's the time

Recruiting another qb from the portal next yr. 3rd time in 4 yrs with the tacit understanding that he will be the starter is great way to screw up the qb room long term. Good luck with qb recruiting going forward. One of Angelli and Minchey will transfer. Quite possibly both. Can't go to the portal for qb to solve the qb development issue every year. Neither Coan or Hartman took ND to the promised land. Hartman has been below average for past 6 games. Way below average against Clemson. A lot of guys say well we haven't seen practices. But we've seen the games! And Hartman hasn't been good for 6 games. We've got to get our back up qbs meaningful playing time in next 3 games. Spring practice is not the same as actual games. Imo Hartman should start the WF game and if score allows sit the 2nd half. Ditto for Stanford. And should not play in the bowl game. ND needs to bite the bullet and forgo the portal for qb next yr imo if at all possible.

And you're one of those complete morons that believes they know better than the coaches without sitting in on a single practice. Serious question, are you truly that dumb? There is a reason Hartman is still QB1. It's clear none of the other QB's has shown to be better than Hartman. That's determined in the hours of practice time and reps they get. I keep proving the idiot you are and I'm enjoying it.
So I just never want to hear you say that a player on the field should be replaced if they are playing poorly no matter what. Because the coaches never make a personnel mistake and that must mean the guy behind isnt performing in practice. So I'll keep an eye out for that.

So Joe Alt was performing bad in practice that's why he wasn't playing. Then we had 2 injuries and he got put in the starting lineup and became our best OL as a freshman.....Or maybe the coaches got it wrong from the beginning and he should have been playing.....hmmmm

And I guess B Morrison wasnt playing well on oractice thats why they started Clarence Lewis over him. Then when he started struggling they let BMo start and all of a sudden hes one of the best corners in cfb.....maybe just maybe they missed that one.....hmmm

If our QB was even playing solid you'd have a point, but he's not.

Reactions: DublinND

I wish they'd change that. Give each team a real scrimmage in the spring against an opponent.

If Kenny is taking names in practice like IB has said multiple times, he should play the next 3 games. He has the upside. He needs game time. Go with the fro.

If Kenny is taking names in practice like IB has said multiple times, he should play the next 3 games. He has the upside. He needs game time. Go with the fro.
Sam Hartman gives the team the best chance to win. If that wasn’t true, Angeli or Minchey would have seen meaningful snaps. They haven’t.

Sam Hartman gives the team the best chance to win. If that wasn’t true, Angeli or Minchey would have seen meaningful snaps. They haven’t.
It’s not about the best chance at winning. Anything meaningful this season is over. The chance is high we win with either Minchey or Angeli. We are playing Wake and Stanford. Send Sam home. Time to gain experience. Also, no chance Steve does any worse than 13/30 with 2 picks Saturday.

What’s the point of QB1 if he can’t win, the season is lost and he’s got two games left while others have 4 years? Joe Alt OT 3 just a few years ago..

What’s the point of QB1 if he can’t win, the season is lost and he’s got two games left while others have 4 years? Joe Alt OT 3 just a few years ago..
You, Golson, and a few others should coach the team. Go ahead and send your resumes in to the incoming AD for consideration. You all must be geniuses to know for a fact that Angeli and Minchey could start and win without watching a single practice. lol. 😂

This sh1t is comic gold!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: Pennick4
You, Golson, and a few others should coach the team. Go ahead and send your resumes in to the incoming AD for consideration. You all must be geniuses to know for a fact that Angeli and Minchey could start and win without watching a single practice. lol. 😂

Lol

You knew more than BK the whole time he was here so I'm surprised you didn't get the job when he left

🤣🤣🤣🤣

You knew more than BK the whole time he was here so I'm surprised you didn't get the job when he left

🤣🤣🤣🤣
I never claimed that. All I said was Kelly would never win a championship. He's not elite, and it's true. 😂

And you're THAT GUY. Everything is always greener with the next guy. Put the next guy in.

Do you think if there was anyone on the bench vs Clemson that the coaches thought were capable of playing at a level needed that they wouldn't?

Reactions: NDinNJ
How can you claim that if you aren't better than him..... sounds dumb right
Me claiming that he's not an elite coach is backed up by facts. Zero championships at the FBS level, zero major bowl wins, atrocious record vs top 5 and top 10 teams. I have stats backing my claim, You have nothing backing up your claim that Minchey or Angeli will play better than Hartman.

And you're THAT GUY. Everything is always greener with the next guy. Put the next guy in.

Do you think if there was anyone on the bench vs Clemson that the coaches thought were capable of playing at a level needed that they wouldn't?
I think coaches make mistakes. They are human. Im rarely put in the next guy. But this is just obvious.

We have a guy who is playing poorly. He's not a ND kid and hasn't accomplished much here so we have no allegiance to him. We need to get an evaluation and playong time

Reactions: bizzybecknd
You don't dump guys midseason. You don't. That's how you lose a team and lose recruits. If you open a lead you play more backups but you don't sit a starting QB unless he's beat out in practice.

Angeli and minchey should be prepped for the bowl game and both should play.
I've said it before and will again. Angeli is more of the same game manager limited QB and if he's named a starter it's a step back. Love the guy and he may be good. But the program needs to go full blown competition with carr and minchey in the spring and being in a transfer back up or two to fill the room assuming angeli transfers.

Two years of minchey or three with carr with our wrs being young let's them grow together.

What I would start doing is rotating young guys on the Oline. We need to see what we have in the young guys

Zeke needs to go
Coogan isn't a long term answer
I don't think fisher can play lt
Do you realistically think Carr can win a game at A&M 9 months from now?

You don’t think Coogan can be a long term play on the OL? Would you play Shrauth? Who’s going to be the C next year? Craig?

Crazier question- could we see Wagner and Jagusah emerge and beat out Fisher?

Last edited:
Do you realistically think Carr can win a game at A&M 9 months from now?

You don’t think Coogan can be a long term play on the OL? Would you play Shrauth? Who’s going to be the C next year.

Crazier question- could we see Wagner and Jagusah emerge and beat out Fisher?
Sentence 1. No.

Recruit a grad transfer QB for 2024, the best one you can find.

If these coaches are perfect, why was Joe Alt 3rd string and Ben Mo riding pine?? You’ve yet to address that question. Nobody is saying Angelli is better, simply stating get the next guy ready in a lost season- ya know build for the future when your bowl prospects are Charmin bowl. The gains outweigh the risk in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT