ADVERTISEMENT

Dante Moore

CJ might reclassify. I don’t trust Irish Breakdown. They’re a solid show but they say a lot of bs. I think CJ to ‘23 is 50/50.
I have no clue, heard everything here

if he comes into 23 class I’ll give coaches some props if they land a stud as well in 24

TAMU doesn't look like a contender for Moore. Moore visited A&M last week but now the Aggies are bringing in Baylor 4* star commit Austin Nevosad. I think A&M wants to get Austin committed and call it a day.

CJ Carr says otherwise.

I believe he's ranked 15th overall player now on Rivals.

So wrong again
Can’t totally mess up 2 years in a row then land one and think you are recruiting the position well… that’s comparable to del with wrs

Recruiting services sell subscriptions but are unreliable at what they purport to do.
Top 5 NFL Qb's and their HS recruit rankings
1. Patrick Mahomes - 3 star - ranked 398
2.Josh Allen - 3 star - #5 dual - ranked 199
3. Aaron Rodgers - 3 star - #2 pro & ranked 53.....for JUCO
4. Tom Brady - no player ranking
5. Justin Herbert - 3 star - #26 pro - ranked 659

I would take a 3 star similar to any of these guys over Dante Moore and be just fine. To me it's been less about missing on recruits at that position and more about a failure to develop players at the position.

Can’t totally mess up 2 years in a row then land one and think you are recruiting the position well… that’s comparable to del with wrs
Well MF has been coach for 7 months and already has landed a 5 star QB.

23 isnt over. We dont know who we are getting yet

Reactions: Kontiki09
Senseless, TB is the real deal and CJ is a 5 star quality. It does not matter what DM does either way. Granted you cannot have enough 5 star QB's on the rooster but the major schools have this issue year in a year in and year out. If DM has the heart and the desire to choose the irish than so be it. If he does not than so be it. No matter what ND is in good shape at QB.
Buchner can go out with an injury...or, simply get rattled beyond effectiveness..and get replaced. The replacements are limited and questionable. Personally, I would consider Angeli as the first back up. Even that is dicey. Notre Dame simply does not have experienced back ups...as elite teams do. They groom the backups during the season...because they have that luxury. ND has played so many nail-biters and come from behind close games...that luxury has been extremely limited. Notre Dame is "not fine" at quarterback up and down the roster. Time will tell how manageable the offense can be..but "elite" we are not on offense. Personally, I think a significant factor in recruiting receivers is which and what kind of quarterback will be throwing to them. Thats why OSU is signing receivers like flies on honey. I hope that Buchner proves me and many others wrong about his passing skills and his ability to stay healthy.

Buchner can go out with an injury...or, simply get rattled beyond effectiveness..and get replaced. The replacements are limited and questionable. Personally, I would consider Angeli as the first back up. Even that is dicey. Notre Dame simply does not have experienced back ups...as elite teams do. They groom the backups during the season...because they have that luxury. ND has played so many nail-biters and come from behind close games...that luxury has been extremely limited. Notre Dame is "not fine" at quarterback up and down the roster. Time will tell how manageable the offense can be..but "elite" we are not on offense. Personally, I think a significant factor in recruiting receivers is which and what kind of quarterback will be throwing to them. Thats why OSU is signing receivers like flies on honey. I hope that Buchner proves me and many others wrong about his passing skills and his ability to stay healthy.
Who has Alabama "groomed..." at QB behind Bryce Young?

I don’t know. Freeman got a 5 star QB in in his first year. They mishandled Dante, but CJ is good. They should have never gone all in.
How did they mishandled? I don't blame ND for going all in on Dante. He is a once in decade or 2 type of talent that ND had a decent chance of landing

Reactions: BGI User 756
Who has Alabama "groomed..." at QB behind Bryce Young?
It seems like elite programs go and get another 4-5 star from the transfer portal instead of 'grooming' the backup against Chatanooga College.

How did they mishandled? I don't blame ND for going all in on Dante. He is a once in decade or 2 type of talent that ND had a decent chance of landing

Because it’s dumb to go all in. His top two choices, OR and LSU, have been recruiting QBs all along. He didn’t care about all in.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
Because it’s dumb to go all in. His top two choices, OR and LSU, have been recruiting QBs all along. He didn’t care about all in.
The only problem I have with what they did was with Vizzina. I think he's going to be really good as well.

I'm fine passing on Arnold. I don't view him as an elite difference maker and agree we should have waited out Moore.

But the Vizzina thing could end up being a mistake

Seems to me you only go all in if you are already stacked at quarterback...and looking for bigger and better. ND is not in that situation...and obviously miscalculated and missed out.

Seems to me you only go all in if you are already stacked at quarterback...and looking for bigger and better. ND is not in that situation...and obviously miscalculated and missed out.
They felt good with where they were at.

Plus a middle type qb does nothing for us. We're trying to win a NC. Landing a solid qb does nothing at this point.

They had to go big. But they may have missed the mark on Vizzina

Plus a middle type qb does nothing for us. We're trying to win a NC. Landing a solid qb does nothing at this point.

Losing Vizzina was absolutely a mistake…one that was likely caused by Moore. The plus side is that MF clearly learned a lesson. He righted the ship almost immediately in going after and getting Carr. I’m very curious what MF said to Moore and his camp after CJ committed.

Losing Vizzina was absolutely a mistake…one that was likely caused by Moore. The plus side is that MF clearly learned a lesson. He righted the ship almost immediately in going after and getting Carr. I’m very curious what MF said to Moore and his camp after CJ committed.
Nothing, maybe.

We're taking a kid in 24. He's not in the 23 class and has nothing to do with you.

Id take CJ over Vizzina. And I doubt ND could’ve taken Vizz from Clemson. I think the staff always knew if no Dante, CJ would reclassify. That’s my hunch. It’s a win win. Go all in on Dante, if no, get CJ to reclassify and then get Sayin, Posse or some other random 3-4 star ‘24 kid. If that’s the case, it was well played. Time will tell on Carr’s status, but ND reporter today said he thinks it’ll happen. Apparently when Malik asked CJ if he’s reclassifying, he danced around the question too. I like our odds to land CJ Carr for ‘23. It’s a win win for him and ND.

Id take CJ over Vizzina. And I doubt ND could’ve taken Vizz from Clemson. I think the staff always knew if no Dante, CJ would reclassify. That’s my hunch. It’s a win win. Go all in on Dante, if no, get CJ to reclassify and then get Sayin, Posse or some other random 3-4 star ‘24 kid. If that’s the case, it was well played. Time will tell on Carr’s status, but ND reporter today said he thinks it’ll happen. Apparently when Malik asked CJ if he’s reclassifying, he danced around the question too. I like our odds to land CJ Carr for ‘23. It’s a win win for him and ND.
Id take Cj over Vizzina too

But they are different classes

Could have took both

Not if you want CJ in ‘23. He’s a good fit there. ‘24 QB board is wide open.
Id rather have Vizzina in 24 and let Carr develop and be in the 24 class.

Vizzina recruit the 23

Carr recruit the 24. And he lets his body and game develop

Id rather have Vizzina in 24 and let Carr develop and be in the 24 class.

Vizzina recruit the 23

Carr recruit the 24. And he lets his body and game develop

I guess, but I don’t think we get Vizz even all in. I think it was Drew Allar, Johnson ‘23, Carr ‘24. I prefer Carr ‘23 in that case. Angeli might be underrated, but I don’t trust it. Need a ‘23. CJ is legit. 3 star ‘23, Carr ‘24 is a bad move.
I think we have a very legit shot at a high rated kid if he reclassifies. It is super early. If I was the staff I would wait to the last minute to announce that Carr is changing classes because he can help build the 2024 class by playing it off.

Well MF has been coach for 7 months and already has landed a 5 star QB.

23 isnt over. We dont know who we are getting yet
Yep if situation changes I’ll re evaluate, currently 23 not looking good

He’s not once a decade talent… really good qb but weird we went 100% all in on him with How flaky he is

I guess, but I don’t think we get Vizz even all in. I think it was Drew Allar, Johnson ‘23, Carr ‘24. I prefer Carr ‘23 in that case. Angeli might be underrated, but I don’t trust it. Need a ‘23. CJ is legit. 3 star ‘23, Carr ‘24 is a bad move.
I think we have a very legit shot at a high rated kid if he reclassifies. It is super early. If I was the staff I would wait to the last minute to announce that Carr is changing classes because he can help build the 2024 class by playing it off.
Yep screwed up allar recruitment than 23 qb recruiting, currently looks like knit hope is it carr reclassifies to 23

You said they mishandled Dante, not the qb recruiting in 23, there is a big difference

Uh, no. Going all in was dumb. I’ve said that since the winter. You take the best kid that wants in first. Carr beat Sayin to the punch. Works for me. ND could’ve definitely had Avery Johnson, they stopped pushing.

If Carr reclassifies, you recruit very hard all the kids you’d like to have, Sayin, Posse, Puglisi, etc until one snaps. You certainly don’t stop recruiting any of them until one commits. All in dies absolutely nothing. Both ND and Michigan will have no ‘23 QB. OR contd recruiting several kids and likely still is. And they are getting him. Well played smart recruiting by OR. Shows Dante we like a lot of kids, he doesn’t care.

Last edited:
Uh, no. Going all in was dumb. I’ve said that since the winter. You take the best kid that wants in first. Carr beat Sayin to the punch. Works for me. ND could’ve definitely had Avery Johnson, they stopped pushing.

If Carr reclassifies, you recruit very hard all the kids you’d like to have, Sayin, Posse, Puglisi, etc until one snaps. You certainly don’t stop recruiting any of them until one commits. All in dies absolutely nothing. Both ND and Michigan will have no ‘23 QB. OR contd recruiting several kids and likely still is. And they are getting him. Well played smart recruiting by OR. Shows Dante we like a lot of kids, he doesn’t care.
Ill try this another way...... What else could have ND done to land Dante? I understand that I thought going all in For Dante was the way to go. I understand you disagree.
My point is the Irish did all they could to land him.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Ill try this another way...... What else could have ND done to land Dante? I understand that I thought going all in For Dante was the way to go. I understand you disagree.
My point is the Irish did all they could to land him.

Uh, they did more than all they could. It was pathetic how they tried so hard. There were other kids.

He’s not even a guarantee. Most 5 star kids are a bust. With all the red flags, I’d be shocked if he is a good college QB. Frankly, I only blame the staff for trying too hard. If CJ was always a high likelihood, then they might e played it right. CJ I’m ‘23 is better than Dante imo. Better kid.

There is a lot more to it than scoring high at camps.

If Dante keeps his head straight, he will play in a championship imho. It is true some 5* don't live up to it, my bet is on the super talented Dante.
That being said, I'm stoked CJ signed and is recruiting his ass off

We are still Dante's best option in terms of depth chart talent and proximity to home.

If signing CJ Carr annoyed him he's not the competitor I thought he was-----or the competitor he needs to be.

It's Division 1 football at the highest level . Everyone signs quality players at every position and you have to beat them out.

It's that simple.

Any top player, especially qb's, should be willing to take on any competition. Sirens should go off if a player is afraid.
I think I read someplace that the Mannings demanded schools not take another qb in Arch's class which is why he signed at Texas. Their he only worries about Ewers

If Dante keeps his head straight, he will play in a championship imho. It is true some 5* don't live up to it, my bet is on the super talented Dante.

I seriously seriously doubt this. If OR ever made a playoff, which I doubt, they would get steam rolled by Bama, GA, Clemson, A&M, LSU, or whoever it is in doing 1. They aren’t even going to win their conference. USC has far better QBs and competition at that position. 5 stars are a dime a dozen. Every year since I’ve followed recruiting, which is about 2006, I’ve seen dozens and dozens of Dante Moore’s fad into the mist.

I seriously seriously doubt this. If OR ever made a playoff, which I doubt, they would get steam rolled by Bama, GA, Clemson, A&M, LSU, or whoever it is. 5 stars are a dime a dozen. Every year since I’ve followed recruiting, which is about 2006, I’ve seen dozens and dozens of Dante Moore’s fad into the mist.
You are entitled to your negative outlook. I said he would make it to the game, not necessarily win it. I don't doubt you followed recruiting for years. I doubts you've seen dozens better than Dante. Go rewatch his film

Almost every team in the championship game had outstanding qb play. The exception was Georgia and maybe 1 Bama team. The only way to beat Bama is with a great quarterback, solid line play, and NFL caliber corners

We are still Dante's best option in terms of depth chart talent and proximity to home.

If signing CJ Carr annoyed him he's not the competitor I thought he was-----or the competitor he needs to be.

It's Division 1 football at the highest level . Everyone signs quality players at every position and you have to beat them out.

It's that simple.
There's a lot more to this situation than him being afraid of competition.

His father got into his ear and wanted him to hold off on committing and play out the NIL process

There's a lot more to this situation than him being afraid of competition.

His father got into his ear and wanted him to hold off on committing and play out the NIL process
I'm pretty sure he would have signed with ND last month if dad stayed out of it

Reactions: Golson5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT