ADVERTISEMENT

Dante Moore

IrishBeer

Posts Like A Champion
Dec 6, 2021
Is he coming for the big June recruiting weekend? He is visiting Michigan this month unofficially. Sounds like he’s still gonna go to Texas A&M as well. The big June recruiting weekend at Notre Dame is probably the best chance for him to see all his potential future teammates at Notre Dame. Couldn’t find this online. That’s a big weekend for ND landing the kids that will eventually make this the #1 class. Then it’s about filling in the gaps with 3 stars I’m assuming since we’ve yet to take a 3 star kid.

Last edited:
We won't go to plan B until after Moore decides
This, personally I'm sick of talking about him. Let's give him some time to make a decision and Notre Dame will act accordingly depending on who he chooses.

That's how recruiting works.

Reactions: Golson5
Here's my take... if ND misses on Moore, but continues to recruit well at all other positions. Buchner blossoms as a starter. And more importantly they are in contention for playoffs. They will be able to flip a QB. For example I could see ND flipping Jackson Arnold especially if Oklahoma does just OK and their recruiting class isn't as good as ND.

IDK. Being a clear backup plan does not settle well with many. That’s why you don’t go all in. You show them all love and take the best kid that wants to be at ND. We don’t go all in at any other position. Did it once with Shipley and that was moronic. There is no saying who will end up better, Moore or Arnold. I. The long run, the rankings get it wrong more than the get it right at QB. The next great QB is more than likely a 3 star than a 5. I like the idea of having high numbers at the position even if it leads to turnover rather than going all in on a 5 star kid. Our last two 5 star QBs (Crist and Kiel were horrendous). People will say hold on, Moore is different, bla bla. They said the same thing about the two aforementioned. They said it about Wimbush, PJ, Golson, Zaire. They were all going to be the next coming of Montana. QB rankings are the biggest shit show in all of the recruiting rankings. They are more often wrong than right. Sure, Dante might be good. But I’d take a QB battle between 4 4 star kids any day over one 5 star. The big programs are so much turnover of 5 star QBs it’s unreal. USC has had a 5 star QB every year since the rankings began. I can’t name one decent QB besides Linehart and he wasn’t even good enough to make an NFL career. Meanwhile, Oklahoma won Heismans and made NFL starters out of 3-4 star kids.
You're still going on and on about this I see.

The staff feels he's the best guy for the 1 spot. They are going after him. If they don't land him they will go after someone else. And didn't you just say the next great qb is just as likely a 3 star as it would be Moore? So what are you so worried about then? Relax. Go outside and enjoy the weather. You're going to have a panic attack

IDK. Being a clear backup plan does not settle well with many. That’s why you don’t go all in. You show them all love and take the best kid that wants to be at ND. We don’t go all in at any other position. Did it once with Shipley and that was moronic. There is no saying who will end up better, Moore or Arnold. I. The long run, the rankings get it wrong more than the get it right at QB. The next great QB is more than likely a 3 star than a 5. I like the idea of having high numbers at the position even if it leads to turnover rather than going all in on a 5 star kid. Our last two 5 star QBs (Crist and Kiel were horrendous). People will say hold on, Moore is different, bla bla. They said the same thing about the two aforementioned. They said it about Wimbush, PJ, Golson, Zaire. They were all going to be the next coming of Montana. QB rankings are the biggest shit show in all of the recruiting rankings. They are more often wrong than right. Sure, Dante might be good. But I’d take a QB battle between 4 4 star kids any day over one 5 star. The big programs are so much turnover of 5 star QBs it’s unreal. USC has had a 5 star QB every year since the rankings began. I can’t name one decent QB besides Linehart and he wasn’t even good enough to make an NFL career. Meanwhile, Oklahoma won Heismans and made NFL starters out of 3-4 star kids.
No way people were as excited about PJ, Wimbush, Golson, Zaire as they are Dante Moore.

Moore feels like a sure starter and maybe program changing guy. The other 4 weren’t that. No one ever said “we’re getting Wimbush, he can lead us to a title”. Didn’t say it about Zaire, or PJ, or Golson either.

Most fans seem to think Moore elevates us, instantly.

You're still going on and on about this I see.

The staff feels he's the best guy for the 1 spot. They are going after him. If they don't land him they will go after someone else. And didn't you just say the next great qb is just as likely a 3 star as it would be Moore? So what are you so worried about then? Relax. Go outside and enjoy the weather. You're going to have a panic attack

I’m worried because we aren’t even recruiting 3 stars.

So if DM doesn't end up picking ND, who are some of the backup plans. What are some of the more eligible remaining names?

I don't OCD on recruiting like I used to when rivals first came out. Which was fun to do, it was a guilty pleasure. I'll go check the QB rankings....

So if DM doesn't end up picking ND, who are some of the backup plans. What are some of the more eligible remaining names?

I don't OCD on recruiting like I used to when rivals first came out. Which was fun to do, it was a guilty pleasure. I'll go check the QB rankings....
RP3 going to sling it all over the field.

Reactions: IrishAdvisor
Not calling you out per se but OK hasn't recruited 3/4* kids...Murray, Rattler and Williams were all 5*'s I believe. Mayfield, along with 5* transfer Murray, I think was a 3* transfer but could be mistaken. However the point being, OK has been pretty strong with attracting and developing top level talent. With Riley gone and Lebby coming over from Ole Miss, it'll be interesting to see the impact they have a with defensive oriented HC. I do agree our focus on a single 5*, being chased by all the traditional powers with massive NIL capabilities, changes the landscape and casting a wider net would appease the fan base but this is where trust needs to be placed into the hands of the staff and let them sink or swim with their decision making process.

Not calling you out per se but OK hasn't recruited 3/4* kids...Murray, Rattler and Williams were all 5*'s I believe. Mayfield, along with 5* transfer Murray, I think was a 3* transfer but could be mistaken. However the point being, OK has been pretty strong with attracting and developing top level talent. With Riley gone and Lebby coming over from Ole Miss, it'll be interesting to see the impact they have a with defensive oriented HC. I do agree our focus on a single 5*, being chased by all the traditional powers with massive NIL capabilities, changes the landscape and casting a wider net would appease the fan base but this is where trust needs to be placed into the hands of the staff and let them sink or swim with their decision making process.

Wrong. Mayfield and Murray were not even as highly ranked is Tyler Buchner. Point is most of the great quarterbacks were not five stars. The next great quarterback is most likely a three star or a four-star and that’s just the facts. There are only 2 former 5 star QBs starting in the NFL. Stafford and Lawrence. Only one of them has shown to be any good at that level. All the were 3 and 4 stars or unranked. Who that next 3 star freak is is anyones best guess. That’s why I like the numbers game over going all in on one five star kid that most likely doesn’t pan out anyways.

The vast majority of five star quarterbacks will be a bust. That is not the same thing as defensive line or offensive line in which case most of them will be elite or start and play at a high level. Quarterback recruiting is a crapshoot and I prefer numbers and competition over Gunnar Keils and Dane Christs. I’d take too many quarterbacks that are 3-4 star over 1 “future face of the program” 5 star any day.

Last edited:
Wrong. Mayfield and Murray were not even as highly ranked is Tyler Buchner. Point is most of the great quarterbacks were not five stars. The next great quarterback is most likely a three star or a four-star and that’s just the facts. There are only 2 former 5 star QBs starting in the NFL. Stafford and Lawrence. Only one of them has shown to be any good at that level. All the were 3 and 4 stars or unranked. Who that next 3 star freak is is anyones best guess. That’s why I like the numbers game over going all in on one five star kid that most likely doesn’t pan out anyways.

The vast majority of five star quarterbacks will be a bust. That is not the same thing as defensive line in which case most of them will be elite. Quarterback recruiting is a crapshoot and I prefer numbers and competition over Gunnar Keils and Dane Christs. I’d take too many quarterbacks that are 4 star over 1 “future face of the program” 5 star any day.
Wrong. He was a composite 5 star Kyler Murray

Wrong. He was a composite 5 star Kyler Murray

I prefer to go off of rivals rankings when comparing kids since we are on a rivals board. Fact is not everyone was sold on Murray. Everyone was sold on Dayne Crist. If you go back through the past 10 years and read the names of the 5 star QB recruits, you won’t recognize most names because they sucked. My point is loading up is better than all in. Dante isn’t any different than the past decade of 5 star quarterbacks. Could he be great? Sure. Is his chance of being great higher than a competition between 4 4 star kids? Nope. Do I want Dante? Yes. I just don’t think he’s worth losing Vizzina and Arnold. I also think Drew Allar wanted ND and we chose Angeli. Dumb.

Last edited:
I prefer to go off of rivals rankings when comparing kids since we are on a rivals board. Fact is not everyone was sold on Murray. Everyone was sold on Dayne Crist. If you go back through the past 10 years and read the names of the 5 star QB recruits, you won’t recognize most names because they sucked. My point is loading up is better than all in. Dante isn’t any different than the past decade of 5 star quarterbacks. Could he be great? Sure. Is his chance of being great higher than a competition between 4 4 star kids? Nope. Do I want Dante? Yes. I just don’t think he’s worth losing Vizzina and Arnold. I also think Drew Allar wanted ND and we chose Angeli. Dumb.
He was a composite 5 star. I think 247 had him top 10. He was an elite prospect. I prefer to go off the Composite rankings because that removes the outliers.

If our goal is to win the National Championship, then we need an elite QB. No matter if he is a 4 star or 5 star. I don't see Arnold as elite so I wouldn't have taken him. Really good isn't enough for us.

Reactions: Kontiki09
Moore first has to commit, than sign, then there’s always the portal. Recruiting ain’t what it used to be. ND has a back up plan, Moore has the right to take all the visits he wants. He can wait until signing day, second signing day or beyond that if he wants.

I think ND’s other option is Avery Johnson out of Kansas.

Reactions: Golson5
Moore first has to commit, than sign, then there’s always the portal. Recruiting ain’t what it used to be. ND has a back up plan, Moore has the right to take all the visits he wants. He can wait until signing day, second signing day or beyond that if he wants.

I think ND’s other option is Avery Johnson out of Kansas.
Yes he's definitely one of them

We can get a 3 star if Moore goes somewhere else. That wont be an issue.

Probably flip a 4 star though
Lol spot on, he's acting like we don't have Angeli as well, wasn't he a high 4*?

Notre dame will be fine at the QB spot with or without Moore. Notre Dame's main problem at the spot has not been recruiting, it's been developing. This is the year we start finding out if Rees is up for the task based on his development of Buchner who I'm very excited about.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
He entered the transfer portal (called, getting ahead of the curve)

Lol spot on, he's acting like we don't have Angeli as well, wasn't he a high 4*?

Notre dame will be fine at the QB spot with or without Moore. Notre Dame's main problem at the spot has not been recruiting, it's been developing. This is the year we start finding out if Rees is up for the task based on his development of Buchner who I'm very excited about.

If you call like the #400th payer in the country a good recruit, God help you.

He was a composite 5 star. I think 247 had him top 10. He was an elite prospect. I prefer to go off the Composite rankings because that removes the outliers.

If our goal is to win the National Championship, then we need an elite QB. No matter if he is a 4 star or 5 star. I don't see Arnold as elite so I wouldn't have taken him. Really good isn't enough for us.

I agree but we can’t recruit 5 star QBs under Rees. Not possible.

If you call like the #400th payer in the country a good recruit, God help you.
There's more to recruiting and development than recruiting rankings. There's also more to Notre Dame's future than Dante Moore who you seem infatuated with. Angeli looked just fine in the spring game

Again if Rees proves he can develop QBs, Notre Dame's future will be very bright no matter who your favorite recruit chooses.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
There's more to recruiting and development than recruiting rankings. There's also more to Notre Dame's future than Dante Moore who you seem infatuated with. Angeli looked just fine in the spring game

Again if Rees proves he can develop QBs, Notre Dame's future will be very bright no matter who your favorite recruit chooses.

No. You are extremely wrong. There is not more to NDs future than a 5 star QB. Keep telling yourself that. I don’t give a damn about Dante Moore. In fact, I’m quite the opposite. To hell with any one kid. Get a top QB. I’m a bigger Julian Sayin fan than Dante, but he’s 2024. I’d have been ecstatic with Vizzina, Arnold, or Allar last year. But the ball has been dropped with all of the above and for 2023. Now it’s Moore or bust. That’s the OC. ND is in one hell of a bind at QB of the future whether it’s comfortable to admit or not.

Last edited:
No. You are extremely wrong. There is not more to NDs future than a 5 star QB. Keep telling yourself that. I don’t give a damn about Dante Moore. In fact, I’m quite the opposite. To hell with any one kid. Get a top QB. I’m a bigger Julian Sayin fan than Dante, but he’s 2024. I’d have been ecstatic with Vizzina, Arnold, or Allar last year. But the ball has been dropped with all of the above and for 2023. Now it’s Moore or bust. That’s the OC. ND is in one hell of a bind at QB of the future whether it’s comfortable to admit or not.
Weirdo

So if we don't get Dante Moore in the end, what about this dude? Could he possibly pass muster with ND fans in this new era of elite recruiting with MF, where we settle for nothing but elite recruits....

You gotta admit, he's pretty intriguing. And his name is Nathan Greek!

• Haha
Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
In the end Dante will end up Irish. The Irish will pay him top dollar and Marcus Freeman is the Greatest recruiter in college football today.

• Haha
Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
In the end Dante will end up Irish. The Irish will pay him top dollar and Marcus Freeman is the Greatest recruiter in college football today.
Ministry of Truth is going to look long and hard at that one!

I hope someone, someone with legit insider info channels of at least some reliability, can find out how much ND is paying our players. We already know, apparently, that we do have our own 'collective' up and going, thanks to our own super-booster 'Mendoza', and it seems to involve, rather than signing autographs or making social media appearances as a way to use their NIL to some remunerative end, they're going to do charity work instead. Which sounds like it could totally, as in legally and whatnot, meet the necessary requirement, I'd like to think. As well as being a classic ND thing to do, and in a good way too.....

Though ND likes to be as discreet as they can, as in hide information they're not legally required to publicly divulge, and you can expect that to go double, triple, tenfold.... when it comes to how much money they're spending on buying players. Even thought it's not scandalous or illegal to do so.

So if anyone can find out, you should make that your little homework assignment as a fan....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT