ADVERTISEMENT

Dante Moore

I seriously seriously doubt this. If OR ever made a playoff, which I doubt, they would get steam rolled by Bama, GA, Clemson, A&M, LSU, or whoever it is in doing 1. They aren’t even going to win their conference. USC has far better QBs and competition at that position. 5 stars are a dime a dozen. Every year since I’ve followed recruiting, which is about 2006, I’ve seen dozens and dozens of Dante Moore’s fad into the mist.
"5-Stars are a dime a dozen..."

Again, Thank You for the wisdom you bring to this site.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
"5-Stars are a dime a dozen..."

Again, Thank You for the wisdom you bring to this site.

Every 5 star since 2006…

Matthew Stafford, Ryan Mallet, Mitch Mustain, Jimmy Clausen, Dayne Crist, Blaine Gabbert, Garrett Gilbert, Matt Barkley, Gunner Kiel, Max Browne, Christian Hackenberg, Kyle Allen, Josh Rosen, Jacob Eaen, Davis Mills, Hunter Johnson, Jake Fromm, JT Daniels, Trevor Lawrence, Bo Nix, Harrison Bailey, DJ Uiagelelei, Quinn Ewers, Brock Vandegriff, Sam Huard, Cade Klubnick, Walker Howard.

2013 Dante, Nico, Malachi, Arch.

2 of those guys turned out to be great, game changing college QBs. 1/28 chance to be good in the NFL (TL sucks)..

If you think that’s an elite list, you’re one dumb son of a bitch. But we already knew that.

Last edited:
Every 5 star since 2006…

Matthew Stafford, Ryan Mallet, Mitch Mustain, Jimmy Clausen, Dayne Crist, Blaine Gabbert, Garrett Gilbert, Matt Barkley, Gunner Kiel, Max Browne, Christian Hackenberg, Kyle Allen, Josh Rosen, Jacob Eaen, Davis Mills, Hunter Johnson, Jake Fromm, JT Daniels, Trevor Lawrence, Bo Nix, Harrison Bailey, DJ Uiagelelei, Quinn Ewers, Brock Vandegriff, Sam Huard, Cade Klubnick, Walker Howard.

2013 Dante, Nico, Malachi, Arch.

2 of those guys turned out to be great, game changing college QBs. 1/28 chance to be good in the NFL (TL sucks)..

If you think that’s an elite list, you’re one dumb son of a bitch. But we already knew that.
Again. Thank You.

Ill try this another way...... What else could have ND done to land Dante? I understand that I thought going all in For Dante was the way to go. I understand you disagree.
My point is the Irish did all they could to land him.
All eggs in one shaky basket when we needed a really good qb bad… if carr doesn’t reclassify it’s Buchner or bust next 3 seasons (or portal)

The only problem I have with what they did was with Vizzina. I think he's going to be really good as well.

I'm fine passing on Arnold. I don't view him as an elite difference maker and agree we should have waited out Moore.

But the Vizzina thing could end up being a mistake
The Dante thing and the RB who chose Clemson are indicative of total stupidity by ND and Rees in particular. Just stupid Never wait. Identify the ones you want and go with who wants you first. Simple n safe

I guess Rees thinks he has special recruiting powers that endear him to a recruit more than another coach

well 2 strikes. Very bad and no experts from Driskell or posters like Golson who were confident in Dante have said anything Crickets

The Dante thing and the RB who chose Clemson are indicative of total stupidity by ND and Rees in particular. Just stupid Never wait. Identify the ones you want and go with who wants you first. Simple n safe

I guess Rees thinks he has special recruiting powers that endear him to a recruit more than another coach

well 2 strikes. Very bad and no experts from Driskell or posters like Golson who were confident in Dante have said anything Crickets
Playing it safe gets you Angeli, Pyne, Book... nothing wrong with taking a big swing.

Losing Vizzina was absolutely a mistake…one that was likely caused by Moore. The plus side is that MF clearly learned a lesson. He righted the ship almost immediately in going after and getting Carr. I’m very curious what MF said to Moore and his camp after CJ committed.

I'm pretty sure he would have signed with ND last month if dad stayed out of it
Wait a minute, I thought the Class of 23 cannot sign until Dec. 2022.

And how do people know that Dante has already made up his mind? It seems like the other way around.

Speaking of stupid, why didn't you list Bryce Young of Alabama?

This are all the pro style guys, dummy. If I went through the list of failed 5 star dual threats it would prove my point even more.

This are all the pro style guys, dummy. If I went through the list of failed 5 star dual threats it would prove my point even more.
Since when is Bryce Young dual threat?

Last edited:
ND will never win it all with out a significant upgrade at qb Hopefully CJ will continue to improve
I agree.

Thats why I have no problem with them going for Dante. Although I would have took Vizzina

Cj is a stud but yes hopefully he continues to improve

ND will never win it all with out a significant upgrade at qb Hopefully CJ will continue to improve
Notre Dame would not have beaten Alabama two seasons ago with Patrick Mahomes playing QB.

ND needs far more than a better QB.

They will never win if they don’t land someone every year. You need depth and competition (not all in losses). Someone will emerge in that case. Keeping PJ would’ve been a good start. The vast majority of time that elite QB and future All Pro is a 3 or 4 star, not a 5 star. We need a lot of 4 stars and if possible, 5 stars, and a coach that can develop QBs. Ian Book was Rees’s pet and he far over achieved. If Rees can do that with CJ, someone with far higher ceiling, he could be very good. I am cautiously optimistic in Rees. CJ clearly really likes him. I feel very strongly that we are at a point where there is no option but to reclass CJ. You can’t miss an entire year of QB recruiting unless you get very lucky. If not, the odds of someone elite emerging obviously drop. As fans we get far too caught up in recruiting and names (I’m a guilty as anyone). The fact remains that all but a coupe NFL starting QBs were underrated high school prospects.

Last edited:
They will never win if they don’t land someone every year. You need depth and competition (not all in losses). Someone will emerge in that case. Keeping PJ would’ve been a good start. The vast majority of time that elite QB and future All Pro is a 3 or 4 star, not a 5 star. We need a lot of 4 stars and if possible, 5 stars, and a coach that can develop QBs. Ian Book was Rees’s pet and he far over achieved. If Rees can do that with CJ, someone with far higher ceiling, he could be very good. I am cautiously optimistic in Rees. CJ clearly really likes him. I feel very strongly that we are at a point where there is no option but to reclass CJ. You can’t miss an entire year of QB recruiting unless you get very lucky. If not, the odds of someone elite emerging obviously drop.
It's his choice. Not ours

It's his choice. Not ours

This has nothing to do with what I said. It’s not an option for ND not to have a ‘23 kid. Unless ND doesn’t want to do things right. While you were calling me stupid 3 months ago because I said Dante is not coming to ND and you were defending the all in, a lot of good kids were making decisions. I am thankful we don’t have to play that game in ‘24. But the staff lest themselves with no good options unless CJ reclassifies.

They will never win if they don’t land someone every year. You need depth and competition (not all in losses). Someone will emerge in that case. Keeping PJ would’ve been a good start. The vast majority of time that elite QB and future All Pro is a 3 or 4 star, not a 5 star. We need a lot of 4 stars and if possible, 5 stars, and a coach that can develop QBs. Ian Book was Rees’s pet and he far over achieved. If Rees can do that with CJ, someone with far higher ceiling, he could be very good. I am cautiously optimistic in Rees. CJ clearly really likes him. I feel very strongly that we are at a point where there is no option but to reclass CJ. You can’t miss an entire year of QB recruiting unless you get very lucky. If not, the odds of someone elite emerging obviously drop. As fans we get far too caught up in recruiting and names (I’m a guilty as anyone). The fact remains that all but a coupe NFL starting QBs were underrated high school prospects.
Thank You for your lecture.

We are fortunate you are here.

This has nothing to do with what I said. It’s not an option for ND not to have a ‘23 kid. Unless ND doesn’t want to do things right.
Yes it does.

Because you said there is no option but to reclass CJ.

Yeah there is, land a 23 QB.

If he doesnt want to reclass, there's nothing we can do with him.

There's plenty of time to try and land a 23 kid. Or we can always go in the portal for next year. But we might not need to

The insiders have made it clear that CJ will do what the staff wants. Also, they’re still obsessing over Dante as Loy said they are trying to get him on campus after his Oregon visit, so they’re clearly not recruiting a ‘23 kid. But I’m sure sjb knew that because he’s full of shitty rivals wisdom.

"Keeping Phil Jurkovec would have been a good start."

Okee Dokee.

The insiders have made it clear that CJ will do what the staff wants. Also, they’re still obsessing over Dante as Loy said they are trying to get him on campus after his Oregon visit, so they’re clearly not recruiting a ‘23 kid. But I’m sure sjb knew that because he’s full of shitty rivals wisdom.
No hes not. Hes going to do what he and his family want.

And the staff is not going to force him to do anything he doesnt want to do.

If they tried to force his hand, he'd leave the class

No hes not. Hes going to do what he and his family want.

And the staff is not going to force him to do anything he doesnt want to do.

If they tried to force his hand, he'd leave the class

Nobody said they were gong to force him. You’re barking up the wrong tree.

Is Bryan Driskell one of your anointed "insiders?"

Loy says they’re trying to get Dante to visit. Singer says there’s 0 communication. I think I’m going to trust Singer on this one. Lot has been a fool lately. While he’s far better than the literally unknown people that run rivals, he’s made some big blunders as of late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT