ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson game next year is most important since the U in 1988

There is plenty to be happy about with what Brain Kelly is done, and in perspective I think you negative outlook people think highly of a blue blood program that was irrelevant for 20 plus years until Kelly got here.

It is funny that 10 wins is not good enough for a program that has only done is 7 times since 1993 and 5 of those 7 times were done by this coach. Seriously you people are irrational. Notre Dame in the real world has been a mediocre program at best since 93, and even before that if you really look at it we won 1 championship in the 80's, 2 in the 70's and 1 in the 60's. The rest are pre 1950. Notre Dame benefited from a monopoly of media attention spanning from 1920 till now brain washing people that they are the stand alone peak of college football.

I love our tradition and it is by far the best in the country, but it is clear that many of you posters complaining have absolutely no clue about this program. You can say all you want that this is more excuses, I do no care. If you look at it Notre Dame is doing more now than it ever has, and that is irrefutable, unless of course you want to bring up history dating back more than 30 years.

Complain all you want but Notre Dame was an outdated program until Kelly turned it around. And we are finally reaching elite status.
Notre Dame has been in the cellar before and returned to being the best in the country. The pre Holtz years were just as bad as the 2000s. I do not think brian kelly is able to take this program to the top of the mountain. Simple as that. He is a good coach, but he is incapable of getting out of his own way unless forced to with the threat of being fired.

The fact that he stated “everyone will be happy if we go out and win November” after the Michigan disgrace proves this point. 11-2 and losing to the best teams on your schedule is perfectly fine because his job is safe.

Realizing in year 10 that he thinks top 5 recruiting classes is a possibility also points to his complacency.

Yes but Bama was NOT 42 -14 better.
That's giving BK entirely way too much credit. Bama did have a loss that year. I think many people forget that. Yet because it was 7 years ago and it was BIG BAD BAMA we'll just simply anoint them some great team for the ages. That's BS!!!

Did Brian Kelly do everything possible to put our best foot forward in that game? Did he have us prepared to the utmost level for that game? NFL coaching job interviews say otherwise. A too easy getting there arrogance certainly says otherwise. The next two major bowl games/playoffs say otherwise.

Bama was a good team. Great? No. 42-14...we were lucky to be there from a fortunate schedule and good luck. Brian Kelly made then look other worldly

I couldn't agree more that Kelly's preoccupation with the NFL hurt our preparation, but I couldn't disagree more, though, on your suggestion that Alabama didn't have a great team that season. That was a stacked powerhouse that got upset by Texas A&M and used ND as its whipping boy as it would have any other team it faced.

Sadly it's the alums selling the bulk of the tickets to the visitors.

I don't know of any other fan base that so easily sells their tickets. I would understand it if Notre Dame was 3-3 and Clemson undefeated. But if both teams come in highly ranked, it's hard to believe that is the ticket you'd sell.

I couldn't agree more that Kelly's preoccupation with the NFL hurt our preparation, but I couldn't disagree more, though, on your suggestion that Alabama didn't have a great team that season. That was a stacked powerhouse that got upset by Texas A&M and used ND as its whipping boy as it would have any other team it faced.
I'm not saying they weren't the top of college football that year....
However...

They had a close 4 point win against LSU...
They lost by 5 to Manziel AT HOME
Narrowly escaped the MARK RICHT coached Georgia team in the SEC title game.

To each their own but this mindset that Bama was some insanely incredible team to excuse our thumping is just more typical BK excusing.

We might not have won no matter what but in typical Brian Kelly fashion we were unprepared, played timid and tentative and just went through the motions. 42-14 might as well been 100-0 and that my friend is completely unacceptable.

Reactions: deadprez3
That 2012 Alabama team was loaded this is back when Alabama was by far outrecruiting the entire country. Before Georgia and OSU became recruiting powerhouses themselves.

F/+ has a rating that shows how much better your team is than average. I think Alabama was well into the 60-70% that season...most years 55% is enough to be national title relevant.

I'm not saying they weren't the top of college football that year....
However...

They had a close 4 point win against LSU...
They lost by 5 to Manziel AT HOME
Narrowly escaped the MARK RICHT coached Georgia team in the SEC title game.

To each their own but this mindset that Bama was some insanely incredible team to excuse our thumping is just more typical BK excusing.

We might not have won no matter what but in typical Brian Kelly fashion we were unprepared, played timid and tentative and just went through the motions. 42-14 might as well been 100-0 and that my friend is completely unacceptable.
They were so much better and more talented than us it was scary.

We looked like a jay vee team compared to them.

Bill Belichick or Vince Lombardi wouldnt have made that game much closer.

They were far superior

Reactions: echowaker
Notre Dame has been in the cellar before and returned to being the best in the country. The pre Holtz years were just as bad as the 2000s. I do not think brian kelly is able to take this program to the top of the mountain. Simple as that. He is a good coach, but he is incapable of getting out of his own way unless forced to with the threat of being fired.

The fact that he stated “everyone will be happy if we go out and win November” after the Michigan disgrace proves this point. 11-2 and losing to the best teams on your schedule is perfectly fine because his job is safe.

Realizing in year 10 that he thinks top 5 recruiting classes is a possibility also points to his complacency.

He's also state numerous times that winning 10 games isn't good enough for this fan base and he needs to do better. So I mean I guess that means nothing to you.

He said he has to up recruiting efforts, why is that taken as a bad thing? If he was complacent he would say we can win with what we have, so that doesn't point to complacency at all actually, it's quite the opposite.

You people act like he sits at home and eats Cheetos on his couch all day and just collects pay checks like he's on welfare, it's ridiculous.

That 2012 Alabama team was loaded this is back when Alabama was by far outrecruiting the entire country. Before Georgia and OSU became recruiting powerhouses themselves.

F/+ has a rating that shows how much better your team is than average. I think Alabama was well into the 60-70% that season...most years 55% is enough to be national title relevant.

Is this the same F+ that has Wisconsin and Utah ranked above Oregon, Penn State and Notre dame? Because that ranking makes sense.

Is this the same F+ that has Wisconsin and Utah ranked above Oregon, Penn State and Notre dame? Because that ranking makes sense.

It hasn't been updated in 3 weeks. I think tmw is the next one before the national title. It's going to be a big update and nearly the final version for the rest of the off-season

It hasn't been updated in 3 weeks. I think tmw is the next one before the national title. It's going to be a big update and nearly the final version for the rest of the off-season

Looking forward to seeing it. It can't be worse than last 3 years. Always room to improve.

I'm sorry I just don't agree with your sentiment or condescension. I'm just having you answer for what you type, I don't think it's really all that you're making it to be. And you failed to answer the question posed in the counter argument.

Alabama did exactly the same thing we did this year and they paid the price. Beat up on sub par teams and lost to the best teams on their schedule. Then beat an "awful" Michigan team according to the majority of posters here, yet they are one of the best teams in the country because of past performance. So really who isn't in the moment here? Season by season that's how you have to look at it.

I agree, we should beat those teams, we should have beaten those teams IMO. It happens and you move forward, at least we can salvage 10 plus wins every year, that wasn't the case when Kelly got the job.

Synopsis: You don't like Brain Kelly he's average and has proven so. 10 wins is not good enough, our schedule is built for 10 wins a year.

I'm not celebrating mediocrity I'm literally looking at the numbers as they are over a decade and they are ranked right behind 2 of the greatest coaches ever. But again, you have every excuse as to why those number are "fluffed" and don't hesitate to bring up every single failure.

I have honestly never seen you post one thing positive about this program or coach. Do your thing but that's just not the way I operate, I enjoy this teams success and plan to continue to enjoy it. I can also be critical.
What on earth does Alabama of the this year have anything whatsoever to do with Brian Kelly and the decade just completed?

Nothing.

You accuse posters of demanding championships or living in the past yet nobody says as much then you want to compare what teams did this year in some weird way with Brian Kelly....none of which have anything to do with HIS SHORTCOMINGS of the past ten years!!..!!

I can't echo loud enough...I don't care what Willingham did, what Bama or OSU does, what Urban Meyer did or will be doing...I don't care how good Charlie Weis did and then compare him to Brian Kelly.

I care about one thing. How good Brian Kelly has the team playing based on how competitive the team is against every school in the country. No ex coach or previous champion means anything about how well BK has the team playing.

Reactions: deadprez3
What on earth does Alabama of the this year have anything whatsoever to do with Brian Kelly and the decade just completed?

Nothing.

You accuse posters of demanding championships or living in the past yet nobody says as much then you want to compare what teams did this year in some weird way with Brian Kelly....none of which have anything to do with HIS SHORTCOMINGS of the past ten years!!..!!

I can't echo loud enough...I don't care what Willingham did, what Bama or OSU does, what Urban Meyer did or will be doing...I don't care how good Charlie Weis did and then compare him to Brian Kelly.

I care about one thing. How good Brian Kelly has the team playing based on how competitive the team is against every school in the country. No ex coach or previous champion means anything about how well BK has the team playing.

You say all that then dismiss the fact that he's 3-5 winngest coach this decade, 3rd best record vs top 25 past three years.

Seems like you only like facts that prove your point. All I was saying with Bama was to point that about how all teams play cupcake games and how this year they lost the only 2 good teams they played. Was simply just answering your question/statement about how our 10 wins are built in our schedule while other teams do the exact same thing. And you said it's all about winning big games, it was just a counter point and was not off the wall at all.

I've not made one mention of any coaches before BK by the way. Was just saying NDs been an irrelevant program for 50 years and it's out of line to think BK is somehow not doing enough to get us there. Trust the climb

You say all that then dismiss the fact that he's 3-5 winngest coach this decade, 3rd best record vs top 25 past three years.

Seems like you only like facts that prove your point. All I was saying with Bama was to point that about how all teams play cupcake games and how this year they lost the only 2 good teams they played. Was simply just answering your question/statement about how our 10 wins are built in our schedule while other teams do the exact same thing. And you said it's all about winning big games, it was just a counter point and was not off the wall at all.

I've not made one mention of any coaches before BK by the way. Was just saying NDs been an irrelevant program for 50 years and it's out of line to think BK is somehow not doing enough to get us there. Trust the climb
3rd best vs top 25.....

Good God he's 8-7...and a bunch of other coaches right there hovering around that amazing 8-7.

Dabo and Saban are way out in front then a whole bunch of coaches hovering around the same mark. Brian Kelly included.

The problem with your Bama comparison is they've actually won over the past decade...many games against the very best in the country. Sure they lost two of their toughest games on the schedule this year but let's look into that...

They were right there with an LSU team...on the road mind you...who dominated everyone minus Texas.
They coulda shoulda woulda beat Auburn on the road....with a backup QB.

Now please tell us all how comparing a team that has won elite games over the last decade, lost it's two toughest games this year very closely one in which was needing to use a backup QB....have ANYTHING to do with Brian Kelly?

There is absolutely zero comparison.

Brian Kelly is an average coach. Don't blame me...he's the one with that cemented his record and nobody else. He's the one completely in over his head in the elite games.

Fools gold.

3rd best vs top 25.....

Good God he's 8-7...and a bunch of other coaches right there hovering around that amazing 8-7.

Dabo and Saban are way out in front then a whole bunch of coaches hovering around the same mark. Brian Kelly included.

The problem with your Bama comparison is they've actually won over the past decade...many games against the very best in the country. Sure they lost two of their toughest games on the schedule this year but let's look into that...

They were right there with an LSU team...on the road mind you...who dominated everyone minus Texas.

Now please tell us all how comparing a team that has won elite games over the last decade, lost it's two toughest games this year very closely one in which was needing to use a backup QB....have ANYTHING to do with Brian Kelly?

Brian Kelly is an average coach. Don't blame me...he's the one with that cemented his record and nobody else. He's the one completely in over his head in the elite games.

Fools gold.

I'm not saying we're on par with Bama we're not, I've said that several times. It was just showing that even Bamas schedule isn't loaded year in and out, we're not on the level. It doesn't have anything to do with BK I never said it did. It's a comparison of schedule.

The top 25 record is average but It shows more than anything that it's hard to win and very few (Dabo n Nick) can dominate like they do.

Plenty more chances in the years to come for him to rectify his past short comings.

3rd best vs top 25.....

Fools gold.

By the way you just said the LSU dominated all year long..funny I have a quote from you stating LSU played with fire all year long. You started a thread about the playoffs and said LSU escaped looses more than OU.

Just thought I'd point that out and remind you.

He's won 10 plus 5 times. We've played in the championship and have made it to the playoff. We've finished top 10 6 times. Those are his merits, he's a good coach.
Good, not very good, and certainly not great. ND can and should do better. Don't settle for less. Raise your bar a tad. Beating teams you are supposed to beat and losing to top teams most of the time should not be the bar.

Last edited:
The 2012 Bama team was certainly better than ours. But it was not 28 points better. Maybe 10. We were not ready for that game and it showed.

Now could we have beaten them if we had been prepared? Stranger things have happened.

Reactions: deadprez3 and 88ND
If your threshold is beating the weak and getting beat by the strong he's dynO`mite.

Better than Willimgham? I think there's a traffic cone and possibly a turnstile better than Willimgham.
Charlie Weis? See above. *
*C Dub actually beat a top 5 team and had the most competitive major bowl game since the 96 Orange bowl (Holtz last year)

The ND schedule is a shadow of the gauntlet it used to be but the fact remains in ten years he's never beat a top 5 nor been competitive in a major bowl.
The above elite high reward games he's lost every single one.
I say again how does that happen?

You want to shout top 10 program yearly...if that's so then we should have won at least two of the list I mentioned. Should have been at least competitive in 1 major bowl...right? I mean come on..if we really are top 10 we'd have been on the right side of at least one of the games listed.

He's not a good coach.

He's fools gold....as in having you still fooled he's gold.
he's certainly a good coach, very good in my opinion just not great.

Agreed

You aren't changing minds on this so why bother.

Just call them out when they post the REALLY insane stuff.

By the way you just said the LSU dominated all year long..funny I have a quote from you stating LSU played with fire all year long. You started a thread about the playoffs and said LSU escaped looses more than OU.

Just thought I'd point that out and remind you.

@88ND guess you have no response to this
3rd best vs top 25.....

Fools gold.

Good afternoon 88 just wanted to show the board how you waffle your agenda when facts do not fit. This is from your Final Four thread you posted in December. All quotes from you saying that LSU did not dominate this year and that OU would actually beat them. Which, as anyone with a brain would figure totally contradicts this statement by you in the above "They were right there with an LSU team...on the road mind you...who dominated everyone minus Texas."

Let us take this ride:

"LSU....
Seems to be the trendy pick and we all know the world is full of following what and who is trendy.
They are sitting undefeated after going through the SEC west, title game and a road game against the Longhorns. We can debate the strength of the SEC but what can't be debated is LSU while winning every game has had it's share of close calls this year. Every team needs a little luck to get into the playoff but they cashed in a few times. Auburn, Texas, Bama, Florida to some degree all very close. An 0-3 Vandy team put 38 points up on them. Burrows is this year's ESPN darling. They are certainly the trendy fan pick to win it all. Not mine."

"My prediction....
Oklahoma upsets LSU. The Bengals O' Bayou have dialed up lady luck too many times this year and Hurts won't be intimidated whatsoever by the opponent. He won't have the passing numbers Burrows will but he will keep drives alive and the ball out of Burrows hands."

"The difference being OU lost a game.
Law of averages. LSU has played with fire and escaped three to four times. It will catch up with them".

Now, from this we can ascertain that you credibility is completely shot and you do in fact ignore facts that do not fit in your agenda.

So why should I take your word that Brain Kelly is fools gold as you like to say, when I know that you flip flop so much on even the most basic of threads?

Good afternoon 88 just wanted to show the board how you waffle your agenda when facts do not fit. This is from your Final Four thread you posted in December. All quotes from you saying that LSU did not dominate this year and that OU would actually beat them. Which, as anyone with a brain would figure totally contradicts this statement by you in the above "They were right there with an LSU team...on the road mind you...who dominated everyone minus Texas."

Let us take this ride:

"LSU....
Seems to be the trendy pick and we all know the world is full of following what and who is trendy.
They are sitting undefeated after going through the SEC west, title game and a road game against the Longhorns. We can debate the strength of the SEC but what can't be debated is LSU while winning every game has had it's share of close calls this year. Every team needs a little luck to get into the playoff but they cashed in a few times. Auburn, Texas, Bama, Florida to some degree all very close. An 0-3 Vandy team put 38 points up on them. Burrows is this year's ESPN darling. They are certainly the trendy fan pick to win it all. Not mine."

"My prediction....
Oklahoma upsets LSU. The Bengals O' Bayou have dialed up lady luck too many times this year and Hurts won't be intimidated whatsoever by the opponent. He won't have the passing numbers Burrows will but he will keep drives alive and the ball out of Burrows hands."

Law of averages. LSU has played with fire and escaped three to four times. It will catch up with them".

Now, from this we can ascertain that you credibility is completely shot and you do in fact ignore facts that do not fit in your agenda.

So why should I take your word that Brain Kelly is fools gold as you like to say, when I know that you flip flop so much on even the most basic of threads?

W. O. W.

And to think you have suggested that I take too much leisure time out of my day partaking of this board.

How does one even remember how another opined regarding a football game from several weeks ago?

And then go through the labor of searching for the posts and reproducing them? Or I shudder to think you keep others' thoughts catalogued for future petty spites.

The depths of your depravity run much deeper than I had presumed.

May God bless you and assist with the inner demons you are indirectly fighting through this message board.

he's certainly a good coach, very good in my opinion just not great.
Definitely not sharing that one.

I wouldn't call him a good coach. I think it's better said he isn't a bad coach...but I can't label him a good coach.

I just don't see anything he's done or is doing that would indicate he's better than average. Since the
4-8 debacle he beats the weak and loses to the strong. in other words doing the minimum job performance without any extra. Can you honestly say or confirm he's ever got his team to overachieve? Pulled off a big upset victory? Had his moment of taking down Goliath? I don't see any of that even once.

To each their own. Your're certainly welcome to your "good" threshold as much as I'm entitled to my "average" threshold.

But what are you and I splitting hairs about? Who's the best looking not on the homecoming court? Who cares! They aren't great. Nor is Brian Kelly and after ten years we know all about the dog in this fight. No new tricks there.

Much is made about the phantom fumble by Cleveland Gary near the goal line in an age before replay, but little is said about Andre Browns TD catch which on replay is clearly not a catch as the ball comes rolling out as he rolls through the catch in the end zone.
In any event I was there live and it is without a doubt the best sports fan moment of my life.[/QUOTE]

I was also at the 88 Miami game, sitting in the South End Zone, on the field! I said that day when it happened that it was NOT a catch by the Miami receiver, he never can control of the ball and when he got up the ball was on the ground. A bunch of us were yelling at the officials in that end, to no avail.

Great game, one of the best ever that I went to at the Stadium, plus I ended up on National TV and on a poster that the ND football office had put up. It was the Pat Terrell pick 6, he ended up running right to where we were sitting in the end zone!

Definitely not sharing that one.

I wouldn't call him a good coach. I think it's better said he isn't a bad coach...but I can't label him a good coach.

I just don't see anything he's done or is doing that would indicate he's better than average. Since the
4-8 debacle he beats the weak and loses to the strong. in other words doing the minimum job performance without any extra. Can you honestly say or confirm he's ever got his team to overachieve? Pulled off a big upset victory? Had his moment of taking down Goliath? I don't see any of that even once.

To each their own. Your're certainly welcome to your "good" threshold as much as I'm entitled to my "average" threshold.

But what are you and I splitting hairs about? Who's the best looking not on the homecoming court? Who cares! They aren't great. Nor is Brian Kelly and after ten years we know all about the dog in this fight. No new tricks there.
More Bull sh*t

Reactions: Catholicfan95
W. O. W.

And to think you have suggested that I take too much leisure time out of my day partaking of this board.

How does one even remember how another opined regarding a football game from several weeks ago?

And then go through the labor of searching for the posts and reproducing them? Or I shudder to think you keep others' thoughts catalogued for future petty spites.

The depths of your depravity run much deeper than I had presumed.

May God bless you and assist with the inner demons you are indirectly fighting through this message board.

It takes as much effort (probably less) to search someones bogus post as it does for you to type out 6 paragraphs of old English with no pertinent information to the conversation at hand.

You cannot refute that the above quotes show a clear lack of understanding to the game of football as LSU has been far and away the most dominate team this year. Their offensive production alone has broken a myriad of records.

It is just pointing out facts/quotes of someone who is notorious for spewing nonsense. If me bringing that to light signifies anything, it is that I know when someone is completely full of bologna and I do not have to rattle off an opinion based argument to prove they are wrong.

The search for facts to prove someones view wrong is always worth the time. What is a waste of time is arguing with someone based on opinion alone and providing no facts or solid counter arguments. It is a clear example of credibility or lack there of in this case.

Let us take this ride:

"LSU....

"My prediction....

Another confirmation I'm in your head...;)...

I got half of that scenario right.

But what the hell are you talking about otherwise?

LSU did in fact have a tight game against...
Texas
Florida
Auburn
Alabama...

So I'm wrong on what? The games were already played or weren't they?

Picking an upset by Oklahoma? Well it's a 50/50 pick isn't it...I certainly thought Hurts would give LSU more trouble but in the end Oklahoma looked like a Brian Kelly major bowl team that happened to score a bit more.

I was spot on with Clemson though, huh.

Regardless....

I'm glad you're able to find the time to follow me and memorize things I've posted. Now before you attempt to retort such a statement just remember....

either way you slice it

I'm in your head. :cool:

Texas
Florida
Auburn
Alabama...

Picking an upset by Oklahoma? Well it's a 50/50 pick isn't it...I certainly thought Hurts would give LSU more trouble but in the end Oklahoma looked like a Brian Kelly major bowl team that happened to score a bit more.

Regardless....

I'm glad you're able to find the time to follow me and memorize things I've posted. Now before you attempt to retort such a statement just remember....

either way you slice it

You literally said this very thread that aside from Texas LSU dominated every team they played. So which is it?

You contradict yourself daily, and I enjoying exposing that. It takes 2 seconds to use the search bar and look up more nonsense. Similar to the time you claimed Randy Moss was kicked out of Notre Dame.

Let us take this ride:

"LSU....

"My prediction....

Yeah ok genius. If we could pick every game right we would all be multi millionaires. Stupid post

More Bull sh*t
What's BS about that?

4-8? It happened.
After that debacle of a season has he beat the weak and lost to the strong? YES!
Since then he's had....

Georgia in a home and home.
Lost both. Or did he? HE DID

A primetime game in South Florida against the Hurricanes. High stakes in that game, no?
Not only lost but did the team show up?
They won that game right? NOPE, got trounced

They had a playoff game against Clemson.
I think they're still trying to cross the fifty or get a first down. Wasn't even close!!!

They had a primetime game with Michigan with a ton at stake, no?
Hell we even flipped with Georgia in the polls after losing to them and their Carolina loss.
Playoffs a potential possibility, no?
@Ann Arbor ... a place Brian Kelly has never won.
Unless he leaves South Bend he will NEVER have won in Ann Arbor.
Not only did we lose but another game we didn't show up....AGAIN
The stakes were high and prime time audiences were tuning in.

What part of my post you claimed was BS...wasn't true?

Don't answer that. It's 100 percent spot on true. I love when someone calls BS to a post citing games that have ALREADY BEEN PLAYED

They're in the books. The outcomes documented.

Worst of all the feeling of being unprepared, outcoached, and just business as usual.

Beating the weak and hamnered by the strong.

Reactions: valianted25
What's BS about that?

4-8? It happened.
After that debacle of a season has he beat the weak and lost to the strong? YES!
Since then he's had....

A primetime game in South Florida against the Hurricanes. High stakes in that game, no?

I think they're still trying to cross the fifty or get a first down. Wasn't even close!!!

Hell we even flipped with Georgia in the polls after losing to them and their Carolina loss.

Don't answer that. It's 100 percent spot on true. I love when someone calls BS to a post citing games that have ALREADY BEEN PLAYED

Worst of all the feeling of being unprepared, outcoached, and just business as usual.

Ouch!

What's BS about that?

4-8? It happened.
Since then he's had....

Mr Expert

A chance for redemption-----give us your pick Monday

Reactions: Catholicfan95
What's BS about that?

4-8? It happened.
Since then he's had....

The bull sh*t is you trying to say Kelly isnt a good coach. That is laughably stupid. Just ridiculous and moronic

Texas
Florida
Auburn
Alabama...

Regardless....

either way you slice it

That LSU Oklahoma game wasnt a 50/50 pick lol. LSU was far superior in a far superior conference and if you watched the season at all you'd know Oklahoma didn't have a shot. That was a terrible pick

Notre Dame 34 Clemson 33. Game of the century !

JOK knocks out Lawrence in first quarter with a blind side hit ! Ian Book throws last second TD pass !

Irish 14 and 0 in 2020 !

The bull sh*t is you trying to say Kelly isnt a good coach. That is laughably stupid. Just ridiculous and moronic
When you get a little older you'll understand what this means.

A good employee goes above and beyond. Does more than the minimum.

An average employee does exactly what he's supposed to do and nothing more.

Brian Kelly beats the teams he's supposed to beat and games requiring some extra work he's already clocked out and went home.

Mr Expert

A chance for redemption-----give us your pick Monday
You'll see two offenses actually moving the ball and scoring some points in a huge game on the ultimate stage. That will be very foreign for the Brian Kelly apologists and a painful reminder for the realists just how far removed BK and his QB/offense is from thos particular universe.

After that....
Clemson by 10.

They finally got battle tested by OSU. They really needed that game to get reacclimated to the speed and athleticism of a great team.

I don't think this long delay hurts or helps either team too much. Maybe hurts Clemson more because as soon as they got their elite game legs under them playing OSU it gets negated by this nearly 2 week delay to kickoff.

Clemson hasn't seen a QB like Burrows this year but Burrows hasn't come across a psycho defensive coordinator like Venables.

LSU hasn't seen an offense like Clemson's as well. Eitenne will kill you getting a handoff or catching the ball...and Clemson's receivers are quietly very good. The receivers didn't have a mega game against OSU. You can bet that will change on Monday.

Lawrence...who didn't get a Heisman invite just wins. Matter of fact until the OSU game he hadn't even taken a snap while trailing. Never once at Clemson did he take a snap while trailing on the scoreboard. Think about that a second.

He had never even taken a snap while trailing.
That's just incredible.

Clemson by 10

Reactions: 84cubs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT