ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Long

EXACTLY, his playcalling sucked. I'm sure BK holding the puppet strings had something to do with it.

As if some jerk on the internet would know a good play call from a bad play call? The only thing you would be qualified to do at ND Stadium, would be to sweep up the trash after the spectators went home.

Why do you propose that Saban had him in 2 times?

Special Assistant to the Deputy Run Game Coordinator.

The ND offense under Chip Long looked like the offense of very talented Semi-Pro team. Very little consistency but made lots of big plays vs out manned opponents.

But when ND ran into ranked Power 5 teams with equal athletes (Georgia, Michigan, USC) ND struggled to score points. ND could not break 30 vs USC who did not have a good defense, and could not break 20 vs Georgia or Michigan.who did have good defenses.

ND needs more consistency out of the O-Line regarding run blocking, more talent at RB, and way more consistency out of the QB position vs top flight opponents.

When you cannot run the ball, you have 2 choices.

1. Get a QB like Joe Burrow, go Empty Set, Scat Protection and operate. Until the defense loosens up.

2. You abandon the run, the pass rush tees off on you, and you struggle to score points.

That is ND's world right now, when they cannot run the ball

That's basically our fate. We now know we won't have a potent running attack until 2024 at the earliest.

As if some jerk on the internet would know a good play call from a bad play call? The only thing you would be qualified to do at ND Stadium, would be to sweep up the trash after the spectators went home.

I'm glad the ol' Irish Florida is back. After reading some of your other posts, I thought you were going soft or at least to the dark side (anti-Kelly crowd) but now I know you're not.

Anyway, say what you will about Long, but Notre Dame was ranked 13th nationally in scoring offense in 2019. That is the highest during Kelly's tenure at Notre Dame. Now that Rees is the OC, I don't think you should expect anything less. In fact, there should be an improvement. I mean Ian Book is back. The offensive line, while not spectacular last season, was not awful. Need to be at least 13th or better, hopefully much better, if ND wants a shot at the playoff next year.

I found Brady Quinn's comments very interesting about TR in the SBT article by Eric Hansen....
“I get the sense from talking to Tommy and watching the games that maybe Chip tried to highlight certain people within his offense,” Quinn said. “And it just felt like they were trying to stick players they recruited into different spots within the system instead of, ‘Hey let’s create this offense around what we do really, really well and be flexible in what we’re doing offensively.’

“I think Tommy understands that and has more of an ability to do that instead of putting guys in positions where, ‘Well this is what this position does and this is what this position does within this offense.’

“And so maybe you can say, ‘We’re going to move Chase Claypool around a little more. Maybe we can do more things instead of just isolating him and catching balls down the field and running certain routes. Maybe we can do more with him.’ So I can see more of a variety with (Rees).’”

https://www.ndinsider.com/football/...cle_770f9098-0140-5190-bb69-3e5eef28cbb3.html

Well did you bother watching the Iowa State game Mr Grumpy? They did a lot well in TR's first game. Remember- many naysayers thought we would lose or just barely win that game. I think it'll only get better. Have a glumly day.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT