ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl talk and 6-6 talk is crazy

Go back to bed you crotchety old fart. The Irish could easily run the table and finish 8 and 5. And if they can't oh well. The season is almost over and I am going to enjoy some Irish victories ! Like the one they just had ! There will be plenty of time to discuss potential coaching changes after the season.
You obviously haven't seen USC play the last month.

Ski..we will pass the test if that means beating Navy. They will not stop our offense and we will out score them. The test in my mind is whether our defense shows the discipline necessary to reasonably control them. Looking for a double digit margin of victory with many quick scores on our part and time of possession favoring Navy.

6-6 , 7-5 really does not matter. If ND does not recruit better then this type season will become the typical season.
If that floats your boat then congrats on your lofty standards.

Looking over the top ND targets I do not think It has ever looked so unpromising. Things may change but today, recruiting does not look as if 'help is on the way'.
explain "recruit better"...which position or positions? The overall rankings can't possibly be the problem.....ND is a top 20 recruiting team.

Ski..we will pass the test if that means beating Navy. They will not stop our offense and we will out score them. The test in my mind is whether our defense shows the discipline necessary to reasonably control them. Looking for a double digit margin of victory with many quick scores on our part and time of possession favoring Navy.
Telx

I dunno about Navy. They are always tough for us. Even when we have a good team. This year Navy is diverse. They don't just run. They pass I think this is a tough bug good test for our team

Our much improved defense will have their hands full. I would not bet this game. Just dunno.

You are by far the most wishy washy fan I have ever seen in any sport on any board.

not true at all. He always wants notre dame to win. The question is that he wants the best coaching that is available for the Irish program. So like a lot of us we have our doubts about kelly

You are by far the most wishy washy fan I have ever seen in any sport on any board.
Exactly! One day he is all about ND and Kelly. Then he hates Kelly. Then he is back on the Kelly bandwagon the next week. My God man pick a lane and stay in it. Brodi remembers me of the great politician Hillary Clinton!

not true at all. He always wants notre dame to win. The question is that he wants the best coaching that is available for the Irish program. So like a lot of us we have our doubts about kelly
That is find with me if he has a problem with Kelly. But when you jump back and forth between liking him then disliking him he looks like he is bat shit crazy!

That is find with me if he has a problem with Kelly. But when you jump back and forth between liking him then disliking him he looks like he is bat shit crazy!

If Kelly is here next year and wins next year and puts this team into a bowl situation at 6-6 or better this year. I think we can all change our minds. this team is a lot better than 3-5. They may not be a 8-0 team but this team should be no worse that 6-2 @ this point. Notre Dame should be in the conversation of the playoffs every year. Notre Dame should be able to beat teams in big bowl games. The coaching staff should be able coach at worse case an average Defense, The coaching staff should have a special teams that at the very worse does not give the game over to the opposing team (ex. 5 plays that put Miami in the drivers seat) the coaching staff should be able build team leadership that when one thing goes wrong the team does not self implode. Is there anything I left out? I think Bodie like me has no problems with Kelly Coaching if he can address those things. I am for redemption. It is part of my faith. However I am skeptical. Can you blame any of us. The people that think kelly is the answer certainly can explain why this happens year in year out

Reactions: Bodizephax
If Kelly is here next year and wins next year and puts this team into a bowl situation at 6-6 or better this year. I think we can all change our minds. this team is a lot better than 3-5. They may not be a 8-0 team but this team should be no worse that 6-2 @ this point. Notre Dame should be in the conversation of the playoffs every year. Notre Dame should be able to beat teams in big bowl games. The coaching staff should be able coach at worse case an average Defense, The coaching staff should have a special teams that at the very worse does not give the game over to the opposing team (ex. 5 plays that put Miami in the drivers seat) the coaching staff should be able build team leadership that when one thing goes wrong the team does not self implode. Is there anything I left out? I think Bodie like me has no problems with Kelly Coaching if he can address those things. I am for redemption. It is part of my faith. However I am skeptical. Can you blame any of us. The people that think kelly is the answer certainly can explain why this happens year in year out
unfortunately....I think its its Catch 22 with Kelly now. What first rate defensive coordinator would come to Notre Dame in year 8? We are well past the building mode with Kelly. So a short-term hire is about all that is feasible...and who desirably fits that bill? I tend to think as pressure mounts on Kelly with each additional loss that he will double down on micro-managing this team.....stifling the defensive coordinator in the process. Same can be said about special teams. What we are seeing is an example of "the law of diminishing returns".

Reactions: zonairish
Bodi is one strange cat. Often wonder if is another on of Augrsman usernames.

IrishJohn is one dumb cat. I always wonder whether he is Brady Hoke.:)
images

Last edited:
IrishJohn is one dumb cat. I always wonder whether he is Brady Hoke.:)
images
So all you are going to do is repeat things I post? I notice that none of Argusman's usual usernames have not been around for a while. But you have. So tell us, what are your feelings on FSU and the ACC?

This should be interesting!

Hard to believe anyone seriously thinks Bodi is another handle for Argusman. IrishJohn are you serious or just bored?

So all you are going to do is repeat things I post? I notice that none of Argusman's usual usernames have not been around for a while. But you have. So tell us, what are your feelings on FSU and the ACC?

This should be interesting!

You are very dull IrishJohn. You have been following me around telling me how I should post. I am like the Tiger shark swimming around the ocean eating different sea fish and animals and you are like the remora fish attaching yourself to my back and eating my scraps. You should thank me.
shark-and-remora-relationship-300x200.jpg

7-5 and a bowl win would provide a lift and help recruiting but it's still 8-5. This has been a terrible season because the schedule had the makings of 8-0 or 7-1 to date. On the other hand if they go 1-3 the final four then it's time for BK to move on. Not much energy in this program right now. The only way to reenergize is to win the last 4 games ... show the country that they never quit ... and end on a high note with a nice bowl win.... anything other then that and there is little BK can say to this team that will gain their trust as a HC . Huge stretch here.

Hard to believe anyone seriously thinks Bodi is another handle for Argusman. IrishJohn are you serious or just bored?

Bodi's political opinions are right of center; argusman is left of center Irish john should pay attention

You are very dull IrishJohn. You have been following me around telling me how I should post. I am like the Tiger shark swimming around the ocean eating different sea fish and animals and you are like the remora fish attaching yourself to my back and eating my scraps. You should thank me.
shark-and-remora-relationship-300x200.jpg
Bodi...classic.

One thing we ALL learned today: ND CANNOT win out. Navy 28 ND 27. The question now is can ND beat Army? Forget VT and SC. Two things we know vs Army. Army will be better prepared and play harder than The Irish. Can talent overcome heart and desire? It will be fun to watch.

Why should this team be anything than it is?

Why is 8-4 next season exceptible ?

Last edited:
Kelly was given the well deserved benefit of the doubt last year with the terrible finish to the season and his misguided loyalty to BVG. He made a terrible decision when he hired BVG, and made a much worse one keeping him into this season after unbelievable defensive play. Now he's repeating the same mistake with ST coaching, or lack thereof. Kelly looks out of juice and damn near resigned to losing. He was not a mistake hire and he accomplished good things at ND, but he is a season past when he should have left the sidelines. This should have been an undefeated season thus far with the weak schedule that has developed, and instead we will be a sub 500 team at seasons end. We have a good nucleus of talent for next year, and the right HC and staff will have us in the NC conversations again. Kelly is not that coach.

Purse is projecting his fantasies

That's what Bodi dish s out. He knows I don't read his dribble. But he is a lil twit who hid behind 'continuously' because he was 'poop in his pants afraid' of him!

So lil twit attacks me behind the viel of 'ignore' and now his vulgar butt is feeling violated because he was 'outted' according to his character. Bodi stop stalking and put a sock in it - you will not be replied to. That simple. End your pissing contest!

Football wise you already proved you know very little.

Pennick is no one you want to throw you lot in with!

Last edited:
Don't like being right but I said this Navy team was not going to lose to a Kelly led team Kelly is good for giving the other team at least 7 points a game
Ski...you were right and I was wrong! No more trying to predict ND this season; done it three times and been wrong three times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT