ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl talk and 6-6 talk is crazy

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
would love to see a turn around like that Not going to happen We have already left money on the table with 5 games we should have won but could not because of our coach

We have at least 2 teams coming up who present big challenges - Navy and USC maybe VT

If we beat Navy, maybe the bowl talk can ratchet up some but until that happens, way too pre- mature

Crazy to think we are talking about a six win season and bowl game as the best scenario we can hope for. I'm 100% in the one game at a time camp with this team and this staff. I'm really anxious to see how our young DBs handle Navy's option offense.

would love to see a turn around like that Not going to happen We have already left money on the table with 5 games we should have won but could not because of our coach

We have at least 2 teams coming up who present big challenges - Navy and USC maybe VT

If we beat Navy, maybe the bowl talk can ratchet up some but until that happens, way too pre- mature

Go back to bed you crotchety old fart. The Irish could easily run the table and finish 8 and 5. And if they can't oh well. The season is almost over and I am going to enjoy some Irish victories ! Like the one they just had ! There will be plenty of time to discuss potential coaching changes after the season.

I agree that you play them one at a time, but I see no reason the lads can't run the table. We have a very good coach and staff plus an evolving team filled with a lot of talent. We'll just have to let the season play out. It's a shame that Coach Kelly didn't replace VanGorder last winter, but that's water under the bridge. He now must live with the noise of a disgruntle fan base while coaching from behind the eight ball. It's apart of a coaches life. He made his bed and must live with the consequences. I think that he'll be fine to dismay of several around here. We shall see?

Navy is a moderate challenge. They just lost to South Florida.

USC is playing much better and I agree that they are a formidable challenge.

VTech somewhere in between those two.

Crazy to think we are talking about a six win season and bowl game as the best scenario we can hope for. I'm 100% in the one game at a time camp with this team and this staff. I'm really anxious to see how our young DBs handle Navy's option offense.
If you're 0-10 you talk about trying to finish 2-10. That's what teams do, that's what fans of teams do.

This thread is trying to pump sunshine up my ARSE. The realistic view... we won a game against Miami. Miami is a middle of the road team. We are more talented than a middle of the road team. We should win. The problem is we constantly play well and one thing goes wrong the whole team collapses. That is what happened in every loss and in 1 victory (miami) so far. The fortunate thing is we beat miami. There are some major coaching deficiencies on this team. Especially Special Teams. That needs to be addressed. We cut the cancerous D-Coordinator problem next is special teams. if that is not addressed or at least band-aided during this season. Navy, Vatech , and USC more than likely will be loses.

Zon, I'm not getting anywhere near your behind much less blow sunshine up it. You see it one way and I see it another. I really could care less if you agree with me or not. It's in the human DNA to disagree over sports matters. We'll probably never meet on this side of the river and won't care once we reach the other shore. I do agree with you about our special teams play. I haven't been impressed with the tight end development since Coach Denbrock moved to coach the wide receivers. Coach Booker appears to do some good things on the recruiting trail, but he hasn't impressed me as a position coach or special teams coordinator. The onside kick was shocking to watch last Saturday. Nobody on that side of the field moved to recover the kick! What's Coach Booker and the rest of the staff teaching those players? I remember Coach Kelly saying that next year the NCAA was going to allow a 10th full time position coach for the football programs. I hope ND adds a full time ST Coordinator this winter.

Reactions: Pennick44
Go back to bed you crotchety old fart. The Irish could easily run the table and finish 8 and 5. And if they can't oh well. The season is almost over and I am going to enjoy some Irish victories ! Like the one they just had ! There will be plenty of time to discuss potential coaching changes after the season.

Cherish each one. They may be few and far between.

Reactions: end_23
no fool. realistic approach. what is wrong and hope they fix it
Your realistic approach has us already losing to Navy, VA Tech and USC. We haven't lost those games. Some other people assume we will go 5-7 next year and treat that like it's a fact. Howard Hall 74 already has our records set for 2017 and 2018, as we go into the death spiral, as he calls it. Do you remember us losing 4 in a row to finish the 2014 season and how the program felt, from the outside, like it was reeling? We followed that up with a 10-2 season with two 2 pt losses to Top 5 teams. So is it "realistic" to assume we will lose to Navy, VA Tech and USC? To assume we can't bounce back next year? Or is it just negative?

Reactions: NDSMC78 and Ara64
I agree that you play them one at a time, but I see no reason the lads can't run the table. We have a very good coach and staff plus an evolving team filled with a lot of talent. We'll just have to let the season play out. It's a shame that Coach Kelly didn't replace VanGorder last winter, but that's water under the bridge. He now must live with the noise of a disgruntle fan base while coaching from behind the eight ball. It's apart of a coaches life. He made his bed and must live with the consequences. I think that he'll be fine to dismay of several around here. We shall see?
We do have very good talent. We do not have a very good coach, he is mediocre. Sorry Ara but even if ND goes 7-5 on the season(unlikely), I don't nor should anyone from ND think thats fine.

Your realistic approach has us already losing to Navy, VA Tech and USC. We haven't lost those games. Some other people assume we will go 5-7 next year and treat that like it's a fact. Howard Hall 74 already has our records set for 2017 and 2018, as we go into the death spiral, as he calls it. Do you remember us losing 4 in a row to finish the 2014 season and how the program felt, from the outside, like it was reeling? We followed that up with a 10-2 season with two 2 pt losses to Top 5 teams. So is it "realistic" to assume we will lose to Navy, VA Tech and USC? To assume we can't bounce back next year? Or is it just negative?

I've said this for a long time. The poster at issue seems to relish every Irish loss so that he can get up on his soap box to slam the ND football program.

6-6 , 7-5 really does not matter. If ND does not recruit better then this type season will become the typical season.
If that floats your boat then congrats on your lofty standards.

Looking over the top ND targets I do not think It has ever looked so unpromising. Things may change but today, recruiting does not look as if 'help is on the way'.

Last edited:

Of course the Irish can win out. Do you honestly think with 5 major problems we had on Special Teams against Miami we be that fortunate to be a good well disciplined Navy team.

This thread is trying to pump sunshine up my ARSE. The realistic view... we won a game against Miami. Miami is a middle of the road team. We are more talented than a middle of the road team. We should win. The problem is we constantly play well and one thing goes wrong the whole team collapses. That is what happened in every loss and in 1 victory (miami) so far. The fortunate thing is we beat miami. There are some major coaching deficiencies on this team. Especially Special Teams. That needs to be addressed. We cut the cancerous D-Coordinator problem next is special teams. if that is not addressed or at least band-aided during this season. Navy, Vatech , and USC more than likely will be loses.
I for one do not want to be anywhere near your ARSE!

6-6 , 7-5 really does not matter. If ND does not recruit better then this type season will become the typical season.
If that floats your boat then congrats on your lofty standards.

Looking over the top ND targets I do not think It has ever looked so unpromising. Things may change but today, recruiting does not look as if 'help is on the way'.

We get enough talent. Keeping them in school has been a huge problem of late. Its like every year we a have key player either leave, get in trouble, or get put on academic probabtion. You can't prep for that it's not as easy as next man in bc then you rely on inexperience and that leads to young mistakes. We routinely get in top ten classes look back in 3 years and maybe between 10-15 of those guys are left that's been the recent trend of late. Kelly needs to sign a 30 man class I mean if we break down the roster I think we have 19 graduating seniors 3 underclassmen that will probably go pro in Kizer , Mcglinchy, and maybe Nelson. Not to mention the guys who have been kicked off the team or tranferred. We should have the schollies available.

Of course the Irish can win out. Do you honestly think with 5 major problems we had on Special Teams against Miami we be that fortunate to be a good well disciplined Navy team.
I expect that we will beat Navy. And score in the 40s doing so.

We get enough talent. Keeping them in school has been a huge problem of late. Its like every year we a have key player either leave, get in trouble, or get put on academic probabtion. You can't prep for that it's not as easy as next man in bc then you rely on inexperience and that leads to young mistakes. We routinely get in top ten classes look back in 3 years and maybe between 10-15 of those guys are left that's been the recent trend of late. Kelly needs to sign a 30 man class I mean if we break down the roster I think we have 19 graduating seniors 3 underclassmen that will probably go pro in Kizer , Mcglinchy, and maybe Nelson. Not to mention the guys who have been kicked off the team or tranferred. We should have the schollies available.

not enough talent to compete for a top 10 spot. And slipping.

Navy is always tough and will put up some points ! I think that Hudson has got our defense playing
much better football than they were under BVG, but can they really be ready for Navy's option offense ?
The other big question is what has gone wrong with our offense ? They seem to fall asleep for at least
a few quarters every game ? Special Teams ?
yes, ND can win at least 6 games if they beat Navy, but Navy will not be easy, and Kelly is not a top
line coach, so regardless of the record this season, if Kelly stays at ND, ND will never be a legit top 10
or even top 20 team.
In any case, Navy should be an interesting game !

I doubt any of the 3 leave this year. McGlinchey has already stated he is coming back.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Bodi, you need to pick a lane and stay in it. You are all over the map buddy!

Like I said I never have rooted against Notre Dame no matter who the coach is. I know it might escape your "pea sized brain" :)but things change where a fan might not have confidence in the coach anymore but still be an Irish fan. I hope the Irish win every game but I would rather have a coach like Urban Meyer that makes that more likely. With that said, if Brian Kelly can get the Irish to the playoffs next year I will be back on the Kelly Train.

When I said he'll be fine it was in reference to next season, if you had bother reading my post. If 9.16 is mediocre to you, then frankly you're nuts! This season was a bump in the road for him; and he definitely deserves another year at ND based off his first six seasons.

Like I said I never have rooted against Notre Dame no matter who the coach is. I know it might escape your "pea sized brain" :)but things change where a fan might not have confidence in the coach anymore but still be an Irish fan. I hope the Irish win every game but I would rather have a coach like Urban Meyer that makes that more likely. With that said, if Brian Kelly can get the Irish to the playoffs next year I will be back on the Kelly Train.
Why don't you just stop posting. Your an embarrassment.

So it's okay for you to slam ND and the coaching staff, but it's not okay for other posters to do the same thing you are doing?

Like I said pick a lane and stay in it.

Go root for USC, TROLL ! You would be booted from any other site for your constant attacks on Notre Dame.
Bodi

You never B slapped me like that. Hurts Now stop sucking the optimism gas and come down to earth Navy is the test Will we pass it?

Reactions: Bodizephax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT