ADVERTISEMENT

BK Just Beat Bama

What the F are you talking about? All we did was nearly go undefeated for four straight years! WTF about going 44-6 would ever make you say such a thing????

In any case, tonight was a great night for all parties. So haters can go home!
Right. "Nearly" undefeated. Took Kelly 10 years to get a top 5 win. He consistently disappointed in big games. That's why I'm surprised he won tonight. And he wasn't the greatest recruiter but now LSU is ranked 4th in the 247 rankings right behind ND. That's why I'm surprised by his recruiting success.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Right. "Nearly" undefeated. Took Kelly 10 years to get a top 5 win. He consistently disappointed in big games. That's why I'm surprised he won tonight. And he wasn't the greatest recruiter but now LSU is ranked 4th in the 247 rankings right behind ND. That's why I'm surprised by his recruiting success.
Please just STFU. Do yourself that favor. Why you want to be talking shit, what do you possibly effin' get out of it? We just beat Clemson, no we just vanquished Clemson! Truly awesome win. But LSU actually beat mothercking Bama. So as much as it pains you, being a needlessly toxic BK hater, he actually gets the bragging rights. So for once in your life turn the other cheek and tip your hat to the guy who did so god damn much for ND football. Tonight's the night for drinks all around!

Reactions: graceh90
BK was a massive head wind for the ND program but continually got blown out of big games and had 2-3 notable wins in 12 years (OU 2012 and Clemson 2020). The ceiling was reached, and the ceiling wasn’t good enough. Many fans saw this very early and weren’t happy with 44-6 (this is ND where the expectations should be championships). Hopefully BK leaving behooves both and hope this is the turning point for Freeman as a first time head coach. He just did something his predecessor never did.

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
Please just STFU. Do yourself that favor. Why you want to be talking shit, what do you possibly effin' get out of it? We just beat Clemson, no we just vanquished Clemson! Truly awesome win. But LSU actually beat mothercking Bama. So as much as it pains you, being a needlessly toxic BK hater, he actually gets the bragging rights. So for once in your life turn the other cheek and tip your hat to the guy who did so god damn much for ND football. Tonight's the night for drinks all around!
Hypersensitive, are ya??? All I said was I'm surprised by his success. How exactly is that hating on him? If it's that important to you I can acknowledge he had a huge win tonight. I don't have a problem with that. Feel better now?

Reactions: NDinNJ
BK was a massive head wind for the ND program but continually got blown out of big games and had 2-3 notable wins in 12 years (OU 2012 and Clemson 2020). The ceiling was reached, and the ceiling wasn’t good enough. Many fans saw this very early and weren’t happy with 44-6 (this is ND where the expectations should be championships). Hopefully BK leaving behooves both and hope this is the turning point for Freeman as a first time head coach. He just did something his predecessor never did.

Freeman won't have a much higher ceiling than CBK...unless he gets players CBK could not. Mind you it's a high enough ceiling, but not elite.

CBK kinda proved the point by beating Alabama today, something he couldn't come close at ND.

At the end of the day, the best college football teams are built on a foundation of the best players. Attracting the best coaches who know as much. We've discussed this before...Saban, Meyer, and so won't come to ND.

Reactions: 4-4-3
Freeman won't have a much higher ceiling than CBK...unless he gets players CBK could not. Mind you it's a high enough ceiling, but not elite.

CBK kinda proved the point by beating Alabama today, something he couldn't come close at ND.

At the end of the day, the best college football teams are built on a foundation of the best players. Attracting the best coaches who know as much. We've discussed this before...Saban, Meyer, and so won't come to ND.
Ehh, I would argue the opposite that MF just did something in his first year that BK did twice in 12 years. And we knew what BKs ceiling was, we have no idea if MF can elevate ND to the next level.

I mean let that sink in, for how ‘good’ BK was, he beat OU 13-6 in 2012 and. Trevor less Clemson team in double OT in 2020- absolutely wild. There were soo many beat downs against top teams it was too traumatic to relive. He played Clemson close in 2015 in the Deshone/Deshaun matchup and kept it close against UGA before they were on top but 2 Top 5 wins in 12 years., 2. Curious how many Top 10?

Last edited:
Ehh, I would argue the opposite that MF just did something in his first year that BK did twice in 12 years. And we knew what BKs ceiling was, we have no idea if MF can elevate ND to the next level.

I mean let that sink in, for how ‘good’ BK was, he beat OU 13-6 in 2012 and. Trevor less Clemson team in double OT in 2020- absolutely wild. There were soo many beat downs against top teams it was too traumatic to relive. He played Clemson close in 2015 in the Deshone/Deshaun matchup and kept it close against UGA before they were on top but 2 Top 5 wins in 12 years., 2. Curious how many Top 10?

My point is CBK got ND to being a strong program, consistently enough making playoffs. Reversing decades of poor performances that he had to struggle through when he took over. This weighs heavily, much more than some nebulous claim about beating a top 4 opponent during Freeman's 1st season, one in which he lost to Marshall and Stanford when inheriting a fairly strong program.

Freeman must aspire to maintain what CBK did. Both Freeman and CBK aspire to go beyond this in their respective new roles...but, coming full circle yet again, LSU has an advantage in recruiting.

My point is CBK got ND to being a strong program, consistently enough making playoffs. Reversing decades of poor performances that he had to struggle through when he took over. This weighs heavily, much more than some nebulous claim about beating a top 4 opponent during Freeman's 1st season, one in which he lost to Marshall and Stanford when inheriting a fairly strong program.

Freeman must aspire to maintain what CBK did. Both Freeman and CBK aspire to go beyond this in their respective new roles...but, coming full circle yet again, LSU has an advantage in recruiting.
Not seeing your point, BK beat Bama but lost to unranked FSU and UT by 27 at home. This indeed sounds like a a very similar win over a the #6 ranked team. He went through massive struggles 5-6 years into leading the program. I’m not sure how you can claim to know what MF’s ceiling is when he did something BK did just twice in 12 years, and yes the hope/evidence has been MF will elevate the talent level in South Bend.

Don’t need to regurgitate BKs awful losses well into his tenure.

Marcus Freeman is turning around a bad start, Brian Kelly is where he wants to be, and most adults are happy for both. The KDS Karens are still bitter. Who cares they never mattered much anyway

@ColinCowherd

Just thinking about this — first time Brian Kelly has talent close to Saban, he beats him (and out coaches him). Precisely the reason he bolted ND.

Replying to @ColinCowherd

Reactions: banmate6
Marcus Freeman is turning around a bad start, Brian Kelly is where he wants to be, and most adults are happy for both. The KDS Karens are still bitter. Who cares they never mattered much anyway

@ColinCowherd

Just thinking about this — first time Brian Kelly has talent close to Saban, he beats him (and out coaches him). Precisely the reason he bolted ND.

Nd could beat bama this year… bama doesn’t have nfl wrs everywhere for the first time in over a decade

Reactions: NDinNJ and francade

@ColinCowherd

The only reason LSU is matching Bama is because Bama is not all that this year
I shake my head at the BK fanboys

BK had several chances to beat top teams; he had the talent and everything else he needed but he could not get it done. this is more likely a fluke then proving anything

Reactions: NDinNJ
What the F are you talking about? All we did was nearly go undefeated for four straight years! WTF about going 44-6 would ever make you say such a thing????

In any case, tonight was a great night for all parties. So haters can go home!
STFU. Are you an LSU fan, BK fan, or ND fan? Personally I could give a rats a$$ about LSU or BK. ND and Freeman have a legitimate signature win we have not seen since the 90's, and that's a fact. We haven't seen this type of domination of a top 5 team since the 90's. Yes ND DOMINATED Clemson, not just barely beat Clemson in a weird Covid year with half their players out.

I am happy for him. He turned ND around and took a pay day much like everybody else would.

@ColinCowherd

Exactly.

Bama plays at Mississippi this weekend as it stands right now they are in 3rd place in their division. LSU plays Arkansas at home and the aggies on the road definite advantage LSU. I think Mississippi beats Bama and LSU wins out

A good week for CFP.

The SEC will have a much more difficult time getting 2 teams into the playoff now. Georgia likely gonna railroad whoever they play in Atlanta now.

UGA is the class of the SEC now.

TCU gotta be pretty relieved… for now

A good week for CFP.

The SEC will have a much more difficult time getting 2 teams into the playoff now. Georgia likely gonna railroad whoever they play in Atlanta now.

UGA is the class of the SEC now.

TCU gotta be pretty relieved… for now
May get 2 BIG teams in if it's a close game between OSU and Michigan

Reactions: SubwaydomerDFW
May get 2 BIG teams in if it's a close game between OSU and Michigan
All of the sudden, OSU cannot run the ball? What does Michigan do the best. They run the football and stop the run.
I thought last year was a fluke, and this year was back to the normal wood shed beating, but now I do not know. TCU will probably win out. UGA is a given. One big team takes up three spots. It depends on what happens to USC vs Oregon and If Tennessee who got caught up in the moment does. How do you leave out Oregon if they win their championship game and Tennessee does not play in a championship game nor does it win it’s division? It could happen

All of the sudden, OSU cannot run the ball? What does Michigan do the best. They run the football and stop the run.
I thought last year was a fluke, and this year was back to the normal wood shed beating, but now I do not know. TCU will probably win out. UGA is a given. One big team takes up three spots. It depends on what happens to USC vs Oregon and If Tennessee who got caught up in the moment does. How do you leave out Oregon if they win their championship game and Tennessee does not play in a championship game nor does it win it’s division? It could happen
Tcu wont win out. They could go down this weekend

Nd could beat bama this year… bama doesn’t have nfl wrs everywhere for the first time in over a decade
ND could beat Bama this year? Delusional….Bama would beat the Irish by 20 at least, and Pyne would get crushed. Let’s not get ridiculous.

ND could beat Bama this year? Delusional….Bama would beat the Irish by 20 at least, and Pyne would get crushed. Let’s not get ridiculous.
We play to our competiton.

Bama is not better than OSU.
We did beat Clemson and UNC

We'd be competitive with Bama

SEC road wins aren’t bad performances. Ask Alabama.
Huh? Alabama wins like 9 out of 10 road games and rarely ever to an unranked team.

Not every team in the sec is good....

Ark is 5 and 5 and have lost to texas am and Liberty

If Alabama wins tonight at Ole Miss, LSU clinches the SEC West.

We play to our competiton.

Bama is not better than OSU.
We did beat Clemson and UNC

We'd be competitive with Bama
Your opinion, that’s fine - I couldn’t disagree more if we played Bama right now. I’d guess the spread would be 12-14 pts, and Pyne would have a nightmare of a game. We were lucky to get OSU out of the gate.

Your opinion, that’s fine - I couldn’t disagree more if we played Bama right now. I’d guess the spread would be 12-14 pts, and Pyne would have a nightmare of a game. We were lucky to get OSU out of the gate.
How about Clemson and Unc?

Dont forget Bama almost lost to Tx am and Texas.

You're overreacting

And Notre Dame lost to Marshall and Stanford at home.
Yes.

Like I said we play to our competition

Osu loss by 11
UnC won big
Syracuse won big
Clemson won big

I didnt say we should be ranked higher than them, I said it would be a competitive game. They arent great this year

Playing down to the level of your competition and winning was Brian Kelly's bag. He won 59 in a row vs unranked opponent. Playing down to the level your competition and LOSING. Hasn't been seen around here for 5 years.

But playing an entire 2nd half vs a 3-7 Navy team, and not scoring a point or even getting a first down. Well, that is brand new! BTW, zero coverage and bringing edge pressure is a 9th grade football strategy. Yet somehow it held ND to the worst half of offensive football in school history. That was a total coaching embarrassment from top down

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT