ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of thoughts on Tom Brady. Share yours.

Joe did lead a kc team w/ JJ birden & willie Davis at wr to the AFC championship and ran into a really good bills team. He was on his last legs w/ injuries too. Bad elbow and pulled hamstring hindered him all year and was still able to lead a chiefs team further than they had gone in a couple decades. Don’t know if that team was as good as this bucs team, defensively maybe, but certainly not offensively weapons-wise.
He got to the afc championship
Brady got to super bowl

At 43. One upped Joe like I said

Obviously Tom Brady is the GOAT as far as career achievements. That seems pretty much inarguable. It is fair to say that playing for the Pats helped him get to nine Super Bowls. He himself helped make the Patriots what they are, but as far the Patriots greatness goes, Belicheck>>>Brady, if you get my drift. And you could say the same thing about Bill Walsh and Montana I would think.

Personally, I don't care much about stats. i care about your game, how truly bad-ass you are or not, not how many stats you piled up over the years. So I give Tom Brady his due, and if the GOAT terminology means anything it probably should apply to him among all time NFL QBs. But I would definitely take Aaron Rogers over Brady if I had to choose, not so much for GOAT status or not, just who I'd rather have on my team.
Brady >>>> Bilichick

There is a reason Tom Brady has been to ten super bowls and Aaron Rodgers only one. Mental Makeup

Aaron is more talented and has better stats than Tom but melts when things go South. Tom just gets knocked down gets up again dusts himself off and continues with his work. Aaron is a whiner.

Maybe so. But among current QBs, from this era, Rogers is definitely my guy without question. It's a no-brainer.

“He got to the afc championship
Brady got to super bowl

At 43. One upped Joe like I said”

Never said he didn’t, golson. I was simply describing how far Montana went w/ a lesser offensive team when he left the niners. And had the rules been different, maybe joe would’ve played until he was 43 too and not had as many injuries. As I said before, Brady has the edge in those categories (overall health & longevity).

Brady >>>> Bilichick

I don't know man, do you really think people would agree with you on that? Serious football people? Maybe I'm ignorant, and I don't follow NFL stuff that closely so I don't have the confidence or fluidity the way I would opining about CFB topics, but my guess is that more/most of the credit for the Patriots incredible run goes to Bellicheck and not Brady.

But you're in luck! Because you seem to be pretty obsessed on being right about this as you are on every topic, no matter how wrong or foolish you might be. And by that I mean the only real GOAT competition to Brady is our own Joe Montana, and he also owes just as much of his success to a great coach/team, that allowed him, like Brady, to pile up so many stats and Super Bowl wins.

So you don't have to exaggerate it and try to twist the knife the way you always do. And you can still be right about Brady being the GOAT....

“ And by that I mean the only real GOAT competition to Brady is our own Joe Montana,”

agree again

Maybe so. But among current QBs, from this era, Rogers is definitely my guy without question. It's a no-brainer.

Why? Without question? I question his wilting when the going gets tough. And many sports reporters bring that up, too.
Maybe he is the best regular season QB in the modern era . But if you use the "modern era" you have to know in the modern era for all sports you are judged on Championships.

Saying Rodgers is better than Brady would be like saying Jim Kelly was better than Joe Montana. Jim Kelly had a better arm and more talent than Joe but Joe had a better mind. Not saying anything was wrong with Kellys mind but they called Montana--Joe Cool for a reason.

“Brady >>>> Bilichick”

I agree.

Really? So your opinion is that Bellichek is overrated and Brady is the true reason behind the Pats greatness?

I couldn't disagree more with than that. And even though I don't have my finger on the pulse of the NFL and watch multiple games every Sunday afternoon and whatnot, I still follow the NFL, and the impression that I get is that Bellichek is a one in a million coach. And if you want to talk GOATs, he's the GOAT coach of any sport of all time. He's the gold standard, all coaches in every sport are measured against him.

But you're saying no, he's overrated, and the Pats would have been nothing without Brady, with or without Bellichek. Bellichek is okay but he basically rode Brady's coattails all this time. IMO that's a very bold statement. But their time in New England perfectly overlaps, so it's impossible to tell for sure who was the true GOAT.

I'm going to stick with my original opinion and that Bellichek>>>Brady. Football is way too massive a sport, with a million different things going on for a coach to have to be on top of, to give more/most of the credit to Brady. This is not a Jordan/Phil Jackson situation, or something like that.

“Really? So your opinion is that Bellichek is overrated and Brady is the true reason behind the Pats greatness?”

Savvy, I agree it’s a tough call to make because, like you said, their careers overlapped together. But, imho, it was more Brady than belichick. Maybe not so much very early in their tenures, but I’d say that Brady was the bigger reason overall. I would say they both were “main” reasons for the pats’ success. But I don’t know if belichick wins or goes to as many Super Bowls w/o Brady. And I get that maybe Brady doesn’t w/o belichick too but we have this year to get a glimpse of them w/o each other and Brady has the upper hand undoubtedly as of now.

“Really? So your opinion is that Bellichek is overrated and Brady is the true reason behind the Pats greatness?”

Savvy, I agree it’s a tough call to make because, like you said, their careers overlapped together. But, imho, it was more Brady than belichick. Maybe not so much very early in their tenures, but I’d say that Brady was the bigger reason overall. I would say they both were “main” reasons for the pats’ success. But I don’t know if belichick wins or goes to as many Super Bowls w/o Brady. And I get that maybe Brady doesn’t w/o belichick too but we have this year to get a glimpse of them w/o each other and Brady has the upper hand undoubtedly as of now.

One thing's for sure, Brady currently has the leg up in that competition. if the Pats don't make at least one SB without Brady, and Brady has already immediately accomplished that much with the Bucs in his first opportunity....
Advantage Tom Brady!

Reactions: francade
Remember Brady went to a Tampa team which was a ready made Super Bowl team lacking only a QB and Belichick was left in NE picking up the pieces of over spending to win a Super Bowl.

Remember Brady went to a Tampa team which was a ready made Super Bowl team lacking only a QB and Belichick was left in NE picking up the pieces of over spending to win a Super Bowl.

Really, was Tampa good enough for the super bowl as long as they had any half-decent QB?

Advantage Bellichek!

You can’t discount the impact on age.

Going from 37 to 43 is vastly different than going from 23 to 29 in the NFL.

Once you hit 40 as a QB in the NFL, start counting in dog years, 7 at a clip !

Even attaining and going beyond 35 is a major accomplishment.

Let’s not forget that 20 years ago the NFL didn’t protect QB’s so well.

Tom Brady comes from good stock !

Brady is 3-3 in my book. I view the 3 Spygate NE titles the same way I view Barry Bonds home run records & the Astros/Red Soxs recent WS titles. I dont count them. IMO the official record book should have voided all NE stats in those seasons given how it gave NE a massive unfair advantage.
Then you have Deflategate it was cheesy, but nevertheless another rule broken.
Then you his personal trainer getting popped for suppling PED's to his teammate but we are supposed to give the benefit out doubt that Brady was clean.
Even this year Brady broke Pandemic rules to practice, again cheesy but it fits a shady pattern with Brady that rules dont apply to him.

I don't know man, do you really think people would agree with you on that? Serious football people? Maybe I'm ignorant, and I don't follow NFL stuff that closely so I don't have the confidence or fluidity the way I would opining about CFB topics, but my guess is that more/most of the credit for the Patriots incredible run goes to Bellicheck and not Brady.

But you're in luck! Because you seem to be pretty obsessed on being right about this as you are on every topic, no matter how wrong or foolish you might be. And by that I mean the only real GOAT competition to Brady is our own Joe Montana, and he also owes just as much of his success to a great coach/team, that allowed him, like Brady, to pile up so many stats and Super Bowl wins.

So you don't have to exaggerate it and try to twist the knife the way you always do. And you can still be right about Brady being the GOAT....
BB has been head coach of a football team 8 seasons without Tom Brady as his QB. Hes made the playoffs 1 time in those 8 seasons. He has 1 playoff win in those 8 seasons. His record is under .500 as a Head Coach without Tom Brady.

Everyone knows the ridiculous stats and numbers he has with Tom Brady.

You do the math. Pretty simple.

Brady is by far the greatest player in nfl history

Brady is 3-3 in my book. I view the 3 Spygate NE titles the same way I view Barry Bonds home run records & the Astros/Red Soxs recent WS titles. I dont count them. IMO the official record book should have voided all NE stats in those seasons given how it gave NE a massive unfair advantage.
Then you his personal trainer getting popped for suppling PED's to his teammate but we are supposed to give the benefit out doubt that Brady was clean.
Even this year Brady broke Pandemic rules to practice, again cheesy but it fits a shady pattern with Brady that rules dont apply to him.

Brady had nothing to do with 3 incidents you mentioned.

Brady’s second half stats were better than in the first half in “deflate gate”.
How do you account for that ?

When Brady was throwing passes in practice was he 6 feet away from his receiver/s ?

How about when other NFL players were playing golf, were they as far away from the other golfers as Brady was from his receivers ?

When Brady was throwing passes in practice was he 6 feet away from his receiver/s ?

How about when other NFL players were playing golf, were they as far away from the other golfers as Brady was from his receivers ?
Brady not only knew about Spygate he also benefited greatly from the systemic cheating. Spygate has been whitewashed away by the media because bringing it up would taint the Golden Boy.
As for Deflategate you dont know how long it had been going on & how much it made a difference, really nobody either way can argue how effective it was. It goes to Sportsmanship/character & Brady's willingness to break the rules. As for PED's again Brady's personal trainer gives his teammate PED's but its out of bounds to question/suspect that an aging QB defying father time is/was using them. Sheesh give me a break.
Bombshell ESPN report says Patriots' 'Spygate' scandal was way worse than people realized
Scott Davis

According to a bombshell report from ESPN's "Outside the Lines,"
The report details Spygate as we've never heard it, painting a picture of systematic cheating that went way further and looks way worse for the Patriots than people previously realized.

First, the Patriots had a detailed, efficient system for finding out opponents' plays. ESPN's Don Van Natta Jr. and Seth Wickersham describe a scene in Patriots coach Bill Belichick's office before a season-opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

"[A backup quarterback named John] Friesz was told that the Patriots had a tape of the Bucs' signals. He was instructed to memorize them, and during the game, to watch Bucs defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin and tell [offensive coordinator Charlie] Weis the defensive play, which Weis would relay over the radio headset system to quarterback Drew Bledsoe."

Van Natta and Wickersham report that although the Patriots lost that game, they realized a "schematic" edge over other teams. They "streamlined the system," finding a more efficient way to note the plays and relay the information, cutting out the quarterbacks, with only a few people, including Belichick.

Brady not only knew about Spygate he also benefited greatly from the systemic cheating. Spygate has been whitewashed away by the media because bringing it up would taint the Golden Boy.
As for Deflategate you dont know how long it had been going on & how much it made a difference, really nobody either way can argue how effective it was. It goes to Sportsmanship/character & Brady's willingness to break the rules. As for PED's again Brady's personal trainer gives his teammate PED's but its out of bounds to question/suspect that an aging QB defying father time is/was using them. Sheesh give me a break.
Bombshell ESPN report says Patriots' 'Spygate' scandal was way worse than people realized
Scott Davis

The report details Spygate as we've never heard it, painting a picture of systematic cheating that went way further and looks way worse for the Patriots than people previously realized.

First, the Patriots had a detailed, efficient system for finding out opponents' plays. ESPN's Don Van Natta Jr. and Seth Wickersham describe a scene in Patriots coach Bill Belichick's office before a season-opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

"[A backup quarterback named John] Friesz was told that the Patriots had a tape of the Bucs' signals. He was instructed to memorize them, and during the game, to watch Bucs defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin and tell [offensive coordinator Charlie] Weis the defensive play, which Weis would relay over the radio headset system to quarterback Drew Bledsoe."

Van Natta and Wickersham report that although the Patriots lost that game, they realized a "schematic" edge over other teams. They "streamlined the system," finding a more efficient way to note the plays and relay the information, cutting out the quarterbacks, with only a few people, including Belichick.

Barry Bonds was one of the GREATEST hitters in baseball history with or without steroids.

Reactions: francade
Barry Bonds was one of the GREATEST hitters in baseball history with or without steroids.
Yet he wont get into the Hall of Fame because of steriods. The majority of MLB writers will hold the signal stealing WS against players like Altuve, Bragman, Betts ect... if they are borderline Hall of Famers. What Brady & NE did was just as bad if not worse than what those guys/teams did. It's your perogative to look passed these infractions, but you cant tell another guy they cant factor these scandals into account especially when they got caught.

Yet he wont get into the Hall of Fame because of steriods. The majority of MLB writers will hold the signal stealing WS against players like Altuve, Bragman, Betts ect... if they are borderline Hall of Famers. What Brady & NE just as bad if not worse than what those guys/teams did. It's your perogative to look passed these infractions, but you cant tell another guy they cant factor these scandals into account especially when they got caught.

Sorry, but Barry Bonds was an incredible player. And I can't stand him--he is a jerk.

Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds both were jerks but both were great and will end up in the hall.
Pete Rose should be too.
All three were fierce competitors.

Sorry, but Barry Bonds was an incredible player. And I can't stand him--he is a jerk.

Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds both were jerks but both were great and will end up in the hall.
Pete Rose should be too.
All three were fierce competitors.
I dont disagree with you that their pre steriod careers should still get them into the Hall but they are being punished for cheating just like the Astors & Red Sox rosters will have their WS titles dinged for cheating. I consider Brady's 1st 3 titles voided for Spygate. Bonds & Clemens cheating is child's play compared to what the Pats did during Spygate.

Scott Davis

Benefiting from someone else’s actions doesn’t reflect negatively on the person who benefits, Like the guy (Tom) stopped at a stop light when the guy in the car next to him, who got caught cheating on his gorgeous girlfriend, is in an argument with her and makes her get out of his car, so Tom offers to drive her home and they start dating.

You don’t know if or how long deflategate was or wasn’t going on.

Answer my question about the second half versus the first half stats in the deflategate game.

Just because ESPN makes an allegation, that doesn’t mean that the allegation is true.

I’m against cheating at any game, in any sport, but I want irrefutable facts not allegations, speculation and promotion intended to increase viewership/readership

Tom Brady’s record in the Super Bowls he played in is remarkable and untainted.

Last edited:
Raulduke_007,

Tell us, with detailed specificity, how Tom Brady was involved in Spygate .

Thanks

Scott Davis

You dont have a clue

Reactions: jcswoopnh
Yet he wont get into the Hall of Fame because of steriods. The majority of MLB writers will hold the signal stealing WS against players like Altuve, Bragman, Betts ect... if they are borderline Hall of Famers. What Brady & NE did was just as bad if not worse than what those guys/teams did. It's your perogative to look passed these infractions, but you cant tell another guy they cant factor these scandals into account especially when they got caught.
Just beyond dumb

NDskins are you ready for tonight's game? All the experts seem to believe that you and KC are going to win. We'll see in a few hours. Either way good luck tonight. This could be my final post until August 29, 2021.

NDskins, I take that bet. I have other things on my mind right now and don't post much. I'll take Tom and the bucs in a no post on this message board until the week of ND's first game. It'll add some fun to this year's Super Bowl. We can still come here to visit; BUT no posting until next season-August 29. Take my bet and let's have some fun--Jackie approved.
Congrats ara, see you in Sept.

Pretty impressive performance and Tom Brady said that he’ll be back next year !

He’ll be 44 !

That’s impressive !

Good luck to him.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
7 rings now

Shhhh, you're sounding dumber by the minute

Not impressed. He needs to get ten rings so every finger and thumb are covered and then start getting rings for his toes.

Ten rings as a player and then Tom should get ten rings as a head coach. Twenty rings to cover every digit on his hands and feet. Now that would be impressive.

I dont disagree with you that their pre steriod careers should still get them into the Hall but they are being punished for cheating just like the Astors & Red Sox rosters will have their WS titles dinged for cheating. I consider Brady's 1st 3 titles voided for Spygate. Bonds & Clemens cheating is child's play compared to what the Pats did during Spygate.
Do you vacate Joe Montana's Superbowls because someone on the 49ers cheated?

Congrats ara, see you in Sept.

Just a wager between friends to add spice to a boring game. Keep posting and sharing your ideas. I'm 2-0 in these loser leave town games. It's going to be a long summer---oh brother!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT