ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of thoughts on Tom Brady. Share yours.

There is a reason Tom Brady has been to ten super bowls and Aaron Rodgers only one. Mental Makeup

Aaron is more talented and has better stats than Tom but melts when things go South. Tom just gets knocked down gets up again dusts himself off and continues with his work. Aaron is a whiner.
Every defensive play has a weak spot somewhere, and the best defenses are great at disguising this. Brady is simply the best in recognizing and taking advantage of same. This was Montana’s greatness as well.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
I am not going to wade into the Brady vs. Montana GOAT debate, but aside from his unquestionable QB skills, one trait that Brady has that really stands out to me is his intensity and competitiveness. He is a very intense competitor--much like MJ was--and the fire in his belly still burns brightly at 43. His several exchanges with the Honey Badger last night during the SB were pretty clear evidence of that. As a badger, Mathieu should have known better than to poke the bear.

I think the earlier poster's comparisons to Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds are spot on. Brady is one of the least likeable sports stars out there, but his greatness on the field is undeniable.

If Tom loses the super bowl he will be the all time leader with super bowl losses--tied with Jim Kelly. Will this endanger his induction into Canton?
Will he get an asterisk after his name if he gets in?

Also, on the more positive side. I think there is an outside chance that Tom ends up winning just as many super bowls with Tampa then he did with New England just to spite Bill Billichik.
Tom has an incredible genetic makeup. Physically, Mentally and spiritually. I think he plays until he is fifty.

*** Those are my thoughts. He is the man of the hour. I would like to hear what the board thinks about Tom.

“Will this endanger his induction into Canton...will he get an asterisk after his name if he gets in?”

lol. If? How absurd is that! If? What a hilarious post from the OP. Might wanna find something else to do with your life other than following football if those are your questions. Good God man.

“Will this endanger his induction into Canton...will he get an asterisk after his name if he gets in?”

lol. If? How absurd is that! If? What a hilarious post from the OP. Might wanna find something else to do with your life other than following football if those are your questions. Good God man.

Yup. Losing in the Super Bowl is a better playoff result than losing earlier in the playoffs. A fact that many seem to not to be able to grasp.

Reactions: Golson5

Should Tom Brady retire now ? While on top ? Or should he risk losing another super bowl and the chance of getting a asterisk next to his name in Canton?
He is a sure fire non asterisk Canton pick as of right now.

Should Tom Brady retire now ? While on top ? Or should he risk losing another super bowl and the chance of getting a asterisk next to his name in Canton?

If you knew how difficult it is to win a game in the NFL you would understand how spectacular reaching next year’s Super Bowl would be.

That accomplishment, irrespective of the outcome would only enhance his record and his legend.!

Every defensive play has a weak spot somewhere, and the best defenses are great at disguising this. Brady is simply the best in recognizing and taking advantage of same. This was Montana’s greatness as well.

Aaron Rodgers has that trait also. But he lacks the trait that Tom and Joe had--- the trait of staying cool when adversity strikes.

If you knew how difficult it is to win a game in the NFL you would understand how spectacular reaching next year’s Super Bowl would be.

That accomplishment, irrespective of the outcome would only enhance his record and his legend.!

... ;)

This is beyond dumb

What would really asterisk worth would be to win the most Super Bowls and also lose the most Super Bowls. I don't believe we'll ever see an asterisk around Tom Brady's name once he is in the Hall of Fame.

I don't want to actually argue about this of course, but Larry Bird was a truly great player, truly special. He basically defines the very idea of 'greatness', and is the embodiment of it. Certainly in sports, and pretty much in general.
There nothing to argue. He's one of the the greatest players ever. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. Simple, easy, Period.

There nothing to argue. He's one of the the greatest players ever. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. Simple, easy, Period.

Something like that youtube video that was dug up to prove the point is a great example. Bird's confidence and competitiveness and penchant for toying with opponents is legendary. Of all the the great names in sports to single out for maybe being overrated and somehow their achievements were less impressive than they might seem, Bird is not a good one for that treatment. Probably true for some former players but not Larry Bird.

ADVERTISEMENT