ADVERTISEMENT

9 wins easy then it gets interesting

If ND had a solidified Top 10 coach, I don’t think there’s much concern with Duke, Louisville, Pitt. 2nd year HC makes those games way more interesting than they should be.

Excellent teams often slip up vs only good teams. You see examples every season. Bama losing to LSU, & Tennessee losing to South Carolina just last year.

If ND had a solidified Top 10 coach, I don’t think there’s much concern with Duke, Louisville, Pitt. 2nd year HC makes those games way more interesting than they should be.
Really? many on here believe BK is a top 5 coach and he had trouble putting away many of these types of teams. He also had his share of bad losses, Tulsa, Navy x 2, Stanford, 4-8 in year 7, I could go on.

Reactions: francade
In 21 with BK as coach we beat

Unranked fsu by 3
Mac toledo by 3
Unranked VT by 3

In 20 with bk

Unranked Louisville by 5

In 19 with Bk

Unranked VT by 1
Unranked SC by 3

In 18 with Bk

Unranked Ball state by 8
Unranked Vandy by 5
Unranked Pitt by 5
Unranked Sc by 7

Long term Head Caoches make those games way more interesting than they should be....

Reactions: NDinNJ
Really? many on here believe BK is a top 5 coach and he had trouble putting away many of these types of teams. He also had his share of bad losses, Tulsa, Navy x 2, Stanford, 4-8 in year 7, I could go on.

BK may be a top 5 or 10 coach when it comes to, you know, coaching players. But I don't think he is a top 25 recruiter, and his gameday strategy has sometimes been questionable. If he succeeds at LSU, it will be in part because he has others doing the bulk of the recruiting.

Not for me. The question mark is the schedule. It's tough. Regardless who the coach is
This schedule isn't tough compared some of the schedules lou holtz faced.
I like The Irish head coach but an OC stepping into a position with little experience in fact the Hartman might have more experience with calling the plays

Reactions: bizzybecknd
BK may be a top 5 or 10 coach when it comes to, you know, coaching players. But I don't think he is a top 25 recruiter, and his gameday strategy has sometimes been questionable. If he succeeds at LSU, it will be in part because he has others doing the bulk of the recruiting.
Brian Kelly would need to win a NC top be a top five coach or maybe a playoff game at the least as far as coaching players let's just say some players

I could say the same thing.

Doesnt mean those games are locks
The sky is blue
And the earth is round

I am sure you will argue against both smh

Yes, ND vs Duke, NC st, Pitt should be locks every year they play. So yes, I am calling NINE locks

Wasn't happy with Jack. Not happy with using the transfers to start over the young ND QB's. I'd rather the young guys get developed and start. Fine with a transfer to provide backup. ND should have started and developed a young TB or DP with Jack as backup if needed.

Remember the usc game last year? Our top rival. Drew threw one pick, it hurt the team. Then he fumbled, and it was devastating. The look on the kids face said it all.

Sam played against his top rival Louisville. He threw 3 picks. And he fumbled 3 times.

But again, I'm a ND fan. I hope you're right.
Justin field’s transfer
Joe Burrow transfer

I can go on

Nothing wrong with transfers

This schedule isn't tough compared some of the schedules lou holtz faced.
I like The Irish head coach but an OC stepping into a position with little experience in fact the Hartman might have more experience with calling the plays
That was 30 years ago

The sky is blue
And the earth is round

Yes, ND vs Duke, NC st, Pitt should be locks every year they play. So yes, I am calling NINE locks
No they shouldn't. They arent locks for Clemson, Alabama or Georgia. Why us

A team not even in the top 25 vs ND should be a lock.

Duke is average. They will be lucky to finish top 3 in the garbage ACC
Duke finished 9 and 4 last year. Finished the year ranked 26th in the country.

They have a really good qb with a really good coach

Their 4 losses were by a combined 16 points.

They are a quality team that we will have to play well against

I am not one of them, BK is not a Top 5 coach.

In 21 with BK as coach we beat

Unranked fsu by 3
Mac toledo by 3
Unranked VT by 3

In 20 with bk

Unranked Louisville by 5

In 19 with Bk

Unranked VT by 1
Unranked SC by 3

In 18 with Bk

Unranked Ball state by 8
Unranked Vandy by 5
Unranked Pitt by 5
Unranked Sc by 7

Long term Head Caoches make those games way more interesting than they should be....
No, Brian Kelly did.

The sky is blue
And the earth is round

Being favored by 7.5 to 13 points is not a "lock".

At the end of the day, those losses do and will happen. But there is no excuse for ND to lose to Duke (averaging 55th in recruiting over the last 4 years) and Louisville averaging 39th). Much better talent paired with great coaching should = no concern. But we’re all ND fans and know the likes of Marshal, Tulsa and Navy have beaten us far more often than ND has beaten Top teams. Here’s To MF bucking the trend.

No they shouldn't. They arent locks for Clemson, Alabama or Georgia. Why us
Smh
You had zero concerns when ND played Cincinnati. I said from the start that was a tough game.

Now you are hesitant to lock Duke????

If Bama played Duke tomorrow, Vegas would call that a lock, what are you talking about???

Can somebody pull the data on Georgia, Alabama and Oh St’s record over the last 5 years against teams outside the Top 25?
Alabama has not lost to an unranked team since Nov. 16, 2007 falling to Louisiana Monroe 21–14.

Any game outside the top 25 should be an ND lock

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Smh
You had zero concerns when ND played Cincinnati. I said from the start that was a tough game.

Now you are hesitant to lock Duke????

If Bama played Duke tomorrow, Vegas would call that a lock, what are you talking about???
Bama played a 5 win team last year and won by 4 points

Not a lock

The sky is blue
And the earth is round

Never underestimate your opponent !

Reactions: NDinNJ
Duke finished 9 and 4 last year. Finished the year ranked 26th in the country.

They have a really good qb with a really good coach

Their 4 losses were by a combined 16 points.

They are a quality team that we will have to play well against
Wheres Zorich?

Told you about Duke

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT