ADVERTISEMENT

9 wins easy then it gets interesting

6 picks and 11 sacks. In 2 games. Against his rivals he lost all 3 games. As a 5th year senior. They slapped Sam silly. Lil Drew threw 6 in 10 games as a soph.

I hope you're right, the data just isn't there.
Stop cherry picking stats.

Here, I will cherry pick also

63.1%3,701 yards38TD

Drew
64.6%2,021 yrds 22td

Sam is good. ND fans will love him immediately.

"9 wins easy..."

LMFAO.

Respect the game.
What game?

If are a program like ND you better expect at least 9.

Yes, 9 wins is easy for an elite program.

Top teams roll out of bed and win 9.

I guess ND is NOT an elite team????

Stop cherry picking stats.

Here, I will cherry pick also

63.1%3,701 yards38TD

Drew
64.6%2,021 yrds22td

Sam is good. ND fans will love him immediately.
Wait, Drew in his first year had 64.6% completion, Sam as a 5th year senior had 63.1%?

I'm not sure that's the flex you think it is.

But I hope you're right. I really do.

What game?

Respect the game.

Wait, Drew in his first year had 64.6% completion, Sam as a 5th year senior had 63.1%?

Your point?

Is Drew better? Is that what you are saying?

Imagine if a guy with almost 4000 yards and 38 TDs played for ND last season???

But ok, stick to your 1% passing percentage.

Your point?

Is Drew better? Is that what you are saying?

Imagine if a guy with almost 4000 yards and 38 TDs played for ND last season???

But ok, stick to your 1% passing percentage.
I don't know who's better. But I'm not sure I'd hang my hat on Sam. Would I prefer ND had kept DP and TB? Yes. DP and TB would have won 9 games this year, and ND would have 2 returning experienced QB's for next year. Instead we have a 6th year senior and nothing for next year.

But, Sam beat Liberty. I didn't know Liberty had a football team. I guess they do, the blazers. He also beat Virginia Military Institute.

But I hope you're right.

So you cherry pick some examples???

For everyone of those awful examples I can show you 3 where those same teams dominated lesser opponents

Do close games happen when you play against lesser opponents? Of course they do.

But to be concerned about 2 basketball teams Duke and the Wolfpack, that is very unnecessary.
You said we should beat ALL those teams by 10 plus. That was a ridiculous comment

I agree with those 9 wins just not the easy part. But your point is valid, from a talent and experience standpoint 9 wins should be expected and if not achieved it would be disappointing.
The PROBABILITIES probably say 9 wins.

But that's as far as it goes.

In the Battle of France in 1940, the French had 7,000 more guns and 1,500 more tanks than the Wehrmacht. The number of troops were even.

France lost.

Of course, Germany had von Manstein, Rommel and Guderian. Will Sam Hartman prove to be ND's Heinz Guderian against OSU, Clemson and USC?

WHO KNOWS?

Upsets in CFB are HARDLY an endangered species. ND suffered two last year and almost a third against Navy. Good thing that game didn't go another 5 minutes.

In the 80's, ND lost FOUR TIMES IN A ROW TO AIR FORCE.

From 2007 to 2010, ND lost THREE TIMES to NAVY.

What were the chances of that? RIGHT, EXTREMELY LOW. Yet, both things OCCURRED.

This team is going to be anywhere between 6-6 and 12-0

Thinking they have 9 wins in the bag is downright ludicrous.. gonna be lots of gutsy victories to get where they wanna go.

I don't think offensive play calling is going to be as good but QB development should be much better.

Can we get some of the young frisbee catching dogs on board with Hartman? We could be looking at Quinn Clausen production..
I take your point about working to get to 9 wins.

EXTREMELY TALENTED ND TEAMS struggled to get to 9 wins in 78, the year after an NC; 90, two years after an NC; and 95, two years after a near NC. Plus, an extremely talented 87 team, including the Heisman winner, failed to make it -- stopping at 8.

Who HERE last year saw Marshall and Stanford coming? ANYONE?

So, then they're what now? ONE AND DONE experiences?

Well, for some, yes. Until, of course, THE NEXT UPSET.

IT'S FOOTBALL.

NOT THE NOTRE DAME SHOW.

. . . or can be TAKEN FOR GRANTED.
The PROBABILITIES probably say 9 wins.

But that's as far as it goes.

In the Battle of France in 1940, the French had 7,000 more guns and 1,500 more tanks than the Wehrmacht. The number of troops were even.

France lost.

Of course, Germany had von Manstein, Rommel and Guderian. Will Sam Hartman prove to be ND's Heinz Guderian against OSU, Clemson and USC?

WHO KNOWS?

Upsets in CFB are HARDLY an endangered species. ND suffered two last year and almost a third against Navy. Good thing that game didn't go another 5 minutes.

In the 80's, ND lost FOUR TIMES IN A ROW TO AIR FORCE.

From 2007 to 2010, ND lost THREE TIMES to NAVY.

What were the chances of that? RIGHT, EXTREMELY LOW. Yet, both things OCCURRED.
I take your point about working to get to 9 wins.

EXTREMELY TALENTED ND TEAMS struggled to get to 9 wins in 78, the year after an NC; 90, two years after an NC; and 95, two years after a near NC. Plus, an extremely talented 87 team, including the Heisman winner, failed to make it -- stopping at 8.

Who HERE last year saw Marshall and Stanford coming? ANYONE?

So, then they're what now? ONE AND DONE experiences?

Well, for some, yes. Until, of course, THE NEXT UPSET.

IT'S FOOTBALL.

NOT THE NOTRE DAME SHOW.
Advil.

I don't know who's better. But I'm not sure I'd hang my hat on Sam. Would I prefer ND had kept DP and TB? Yes. DP and TB would have won 9 games this year, and ND would have 2 returning experienced QB's for next year. Instead we have a 6th year senior and nothing for next year.

But, Sam beat Liberty. I didn't know Liberty had a football team. I guess they do, the blazers. He also beat Virginia Military Institute.

But I hope you're right.
Your boys DP and TB couldn’t beat Marshal and a 3-win Stanford team. Liberty is a toss up

Yes and 1700 more yards plus 16 more tds... lol.. that makes for an 10-2 to a 12-0 season.... I think anyone would take that over a 1.5 % completion ratio...

What game?

The away Duke game is easily a let down game after OSU, and MF showed last year that he struggled to manage such. Same for Pitt game prior to at Clemson …

NC State Will offer a tough game

If HC wasn’t such a question mark, 9 games would all be but guaranteed with this squad and schedule. The question marks are around the coaching staff, not a question of QB.
Not for me. The question mark is the schedule. It's tough. Regardless who the coach is

But I hope you're right.
Sam is a very good QB. Way better than what ND had last season. Were you happy with Jack? Sam Is Better than Jack. Plus he can run

The away Duke game is easily a let down game after OSU, and MF showed last year that he struggled to manage such. Same for Pitt game prior to at Clemson …

NC State Will offer a tough game
Let down game???? ND wants a championship THIS SEASON. No game is a let down game.

Yes, spirits won’t be as high but come on, ND should roll out of bed and beat Duke.

But I hope you're right.
Ludicrous that you actually are arguing that Drew is better than Sam

Let down game???? ND wants a championship THIS SEASON. No game is a let down game.

Yes, spirits won’t be as high but come on, ND should roll out of bed and beat Duke.
Lol. Are your cheerleading or predicting?

See Marshall last year. How long have you followed college football?

Sam is a very good QB. Way better than what ND had last season. Were you happy with Jack? Sam Is Better than Jack. Plus he can run
Wasn't happy with Jack. Not happy with using the transfers to start over the young ND QB's. I'd rather the young guys get developed and start. Fine with a transfer to provide backup. ND should have started and developed a young TB or DP with Jack as backup if needed.

Remember the usc game last year? Our top rival. Drew threw one pick, it hurt the team. Then he fumbled, and it was devastating. The look on the kids face said it all.

Sam played against his top rival Louisville. He threw 3 picks. And he fumbled 3 times.

But again, I'm a ND fan. I hope you're right.

So in 93 after they beat FSU, the BC game wasn't a let down game? That 93 team didn't want a championship?

Reactions: Golson5
Not a tough schedule outside of 3 games

9 games where ND will be favored
3 games as undrrdogs which is a lot

Then 4 games against quality competition that you will have to navigate

7 losable games if you don't play well

Tough schedule this year. Have to play extremely well if you want to get through it

Duke is a good football team with a good QB

Vegas over under win total is only 8.5 for ND. I would bet the over.

Note: unlike winning the NC bets, these are REAL odds, as you can bet either way.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Not for me. The question mark is the schedule. It's tough. Regardless who the coach is
If ND had a solidified Top 10 coach, I don’t think there’s much concern with Duke, Louisville, Pitt. 2nd year HC makes those games way more interesting than they should be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT