ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting Update

Yep, I almost feel like we should have to pay for his knowledge on everything.

fixed.

I follow all of the major ND analysts/podcasts/articles/etc. out there. He's easily the best and he only does it as a hobby out of passion (which is probably why).

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Cody Simon to OSU.....

It’s exactly why every fan has the right to question NDs recruiting, although improved, massive head scratchers still

Cody Simon to OSU.....

It’s exactly why every fan has the right to question NDs recruiting, although improved, massive head scratchers still

The right to question? Go for it. They don’t care.

ND is only going to take 20 position players this class. They made the decision in the spring they weren’t going to take a pure inside type LB this class unless it was someone they couldn’t refuse, & they don’t view Cody that way. They have a lot of LBs who have 3+ years eligibility left, & like them more than.
If they were taking 2-3 LBs this class they would have taken Cody. But they aren’t taking any unless it’s a big fish.

Taking two ST players (counting Brunelle) with a small class is wrong. Nd took lbs late and went after turner late, Simon better prospect than them.

Now we wont land watts. Terrible recruiting to close out this class.

Better kill it on the field and flip people late or this will be deja vu all over after the 12 season.

The right to question? Go for it. They don’t care.

ND is only going to take 20 position players this class. They made the decision in the spring they weren’t going to take a pure inside type LB this class unless it was someone they couldn’t refuse, & they don’t view Cody that way. They have a lot of LBs who have 3+ years eligibility left, & like them more than.
If they were taking 2-3 LBs this class they would have taken Cody. But they aren’t taking any unless it’s a big fish.
Big mistake by the staff

Chris Tyree ran an official 4.37 today at the Opening Finals.
and the scary part is that he'll get bigger and faster with our irish training coaches. good luck to Clemson or other that we might face in the future in trying to catch Tyree from behind when he breaks through the line of scrimmage

and the scary part is that he'll get bigger and faster with our irish training coaches. good luck to Clemson or other that we might face in the future in trying to catch Tyree from behind when he breaks through the line of scrimmage
You do realize Clemson and bama have speed like that already

You do realize Clemson and bama have speed like that already

Tyree actually has faster times than anybody in the country.
Last year, after his Sophomore season, he won the Opening 40 race.
Then as a Junior had the fastest times in the country at his age group.
Then this year, once again at the Opening, had the fastest times.

There is a reason Bama & OU came at him hard. He has speed even they are looking for.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
Tyree actually has faster times than anybody in the country.
Last year, after his Sophomore season, he won the Opening 40 race.
Then as a Junior had the fastest times in the country at his age group.
Then this year, once again at the Opening, had the fastest times.

There is a reason Bama & OU came at him hard. He has speed even they are looking for.
No doubt, all I’m saying is bama and Clemson already have that speed. Waffle and Ruggs are two examples. Ruggs with 4.25 pro day 40.

Tyree just won the Opening Finals fastest man race again (2nd year in a row).
You can look up the video online.

No doubt, all I’m saying is bama and Clemson already have that speed. Waffle and Ruggs are two examples. Ruggs with 4.25 pro day 40.

That pro day 40 by Ruggs wasn’t lasered so it’s hard to take it seriously when his fastest lasered before was mid-4.3’s (what Tyree runs in HS). His fastest 100m is 10.58 & Tyree ran 10.66 already at 15 years old. So Tyree is just as fast & hasn’t turned 17 yet.

That pro day 40 by Ruggs wasn’t lasered so it’s hard to take it seriously when his fastest lasered before was mid-4.3’s (what Tyree runs in HS). His fastest 100m is 10.58 & Tyree ran 10.66 already at 15 years old. So Tyree is just as fast & hasn’t turned 17 yet.
You are just confirming my point. I saw video of tyree fastest man at opening. Not taking away anything from tyree, but I didn’t want initial poster to pretend like we have the fastest team in country now because of one player.

Taking two ST players (counting Brunelle) with a small class is wrong. Nd took lbs late and went after turner late, Simon better prospect than them.

Better kill it on the field and flip people late or this will be deja vu all over after the 12 season.

You think we lost Watts because we took Bruenelle?

You think we lost Watts because we took Bruenelle?
No I think we lost watts because we are not closing our class strong right now.... could change with great season. I think Brunelle was a pointless take. I don’t love watts but he’s better than Brunelle and has more position flexibility.

ND needs a LS. They take one every 4 years & this kid is #1 in nation.
Brunelle is not a special teams player.
And ND still leads for Watts. Two different mods on here confirmed this last night.
And Brunelle & Watts have nothing to do with each other.
And it’s no terrible recruiting.
Get a grip.

No I think we lost watts because we are not closing our class strong right now.... could change with great season. I think Brunelle was a pointless take. I don’t love watts but he’s better than Brunelle and has more position flexibility.

ND hasnt lost Watts.
And you obviously weren’t at the ND or UM camps when Brunelle showed up & torched 4 Star DBs at both?
You know nothing about Brunelle, you are just looking to complain.

Last edited:
Mayer named “Alpha Dog” at the Opening among WRs/TE which is very impressive for a TE to win.

Another ND commit.

That’s two now who are silent.

I’m pretty sure the first is Offord, who announces on the 4th.
My guess for the other is either Nixon or Watts?

Another ND commit.

A little bit of good news. I was told this this week, probably saturday.

ND needs a LS. They take one every 4 years & this kid is #1 in nation.
Brunelle is not a special teams player.
And ND still leads for Watts. Two different mods on here confirmed this last night.
And Brunelle & Watts have nothing to do with each other.
And it’s no terrible recruiting.
Get a grip.
I'm fine with a LS every 4 years, but I'm not fine with taking a second player who on a championship caliber team has a ceiling of special teams.

I'm not looking to complain, i'm also not a homer. I was extremely complimentary of recruiting during the first half to 2/3rds of this class, now there isn't much to compliment.

I'm not big on watts, but I do like that He could be a safety if WR doesn't pan out. I'm even less on Redding and Brunelle, yet we have brunelle with limited scholly's available to give out.

I was not at the Camps, but his Video online is AWFUL! I saw video of his ND camp. He's not smoking any 4 star DBs, he's making tough contested catches where he pushes off and uses his body well.

I hope ND kicks butt in 2019 and recruiting closes strong. The offense should be lethal, the D is the question mark. Very good parts, and very green parts as well.

Another ND commit.

I like Nixon better than Watts at WR

ND is recruiting Nixon at CB.
Interesting, still like him better than Watts at WR, he just has a lot of offensive flexibility. I don't know that I saw any DB videos of him, it was all WR/RB.

He plays and runs like tyreek hill or Moore (obviously not as fast as hill), just seems good with ball in his hands. I'd prefer watts as Safety, and nixon WR/HB. You could have Nixon in slot and then bring him to backfield with tyree.

Interesting, still like him better than Watts at WR, he just has a lot of offensive flexibility. I don't know that I saw any DB videos of him, it was all WR/RB.

He plays and runs like tyreek hill or Moore (obviously not as fast as hill), just seems good with ball in his hands. I'd prefer watts as Safety, and nixon WR/HB. You could have Nixon in slot and then bring him to backfield with tyree.

At this point ND might have (just a guess) switched to recruiting Nixon as an athlete since McMillan is off the board. He wants to go to ND but had to be sold on playing defense. But either way Watts & Nixon also don’t have anything to do with each other recruiting-wise.

At this point ND might have (just a guess) switched to recruiting Nixon as an athlete since McMillan is off the board. He wants to go to ND but had to be sold on playing defense. But either way Watts & Nixon also don’t have anything to do with each other recruiting-wise.
Yeah nixon is much smaller and shifty, watts is bigger and much more physical without the quicks or top end speed.

"terrible" ? thats absurd. for the millionth time its not about what these kids are now but how the staff projects them going forward. way, way more to it than what any of us here see in a few film snippets. WAY more.

"terrible" ? thats absurd. for the millionth time its not about what these kids are now but how the staff projects them going forward. way, way more to it than what any of us here see in a few film snippets. WAY more.
And some times (more than we like) their projections are wrong. I don't know what they project, but if it's a starter at WR on hopefully a championship caliber team, i have no clue how they see that.

A side note, Brunelle posted a top 10 in the nation Sparq score.
So if you like measurables, he has them.
If you like film, he has it.
If you like competing, he went to multiple team camps & dominated, getting offered on the spot.
And at 6’2, over 200 lbs, ran a 4.48 forty.

The ‘brunelle is a special teamer’ posts are premature. Don't know how anyone can say that w/o having him step on the field yet. His measurables and his film plus what he did at the ND camp are not special teamer-like, IMO. Time will tell.

And some times (more than we like) their projections are wrong. I don't know what they project, but if it's a starter at WR on hopefully a championship caliber team, i have no clue how they see that.
of course they aren't always right. no one is. bottom line is its their livelihood. i will always take the opinions of those who have a history of practical experience in the subject matter over those who don't. Hunter Renfrow started for Clemson correct ? how highly regarded was he ? it only mattered what Dabo and staff thought.

A side note, Brunelle posted a top 10 in the nation Sparq score.
So if you like measurables, he has them.
If you like film, he has it.
If you like competing, he went to multiple team camps & dominated, getting offered on the spot.
And at 6’2, over 200 lbs, ran a 4.48 forty.
Can you provide the film that shows him looking like a WR that could play for a championship caliber team? I haven't seen anything close to it.

Also can you post the 4.48...... He ran 4.57 at a camp recently as his fastest time. 4.57 isn't slow, but 4.48 is getting in elite territory.

of course they aren't always right. no one is. bottom line is its their livelihood. i will always take the opinions of those who have a history of practical experience in the subject matter over those who don't. Hunter Renfrow started for Clemson correct ? how highly regarded was he ? it only mattered what Dabo and staff thought.
oh I agree, they can do it better than me, i just enjoy giving my 2 cents.

Hunter renfrow yes played a good bit for clemson but had less of am impact last year as Clemson had elite WR talent. The elite WR talent helped them win the national chamionship. Finke is going to play a ton for ND, and I think he's got much better college skills than Brunelle will have.

Hunter renfrow yes played a good bit for clemson but had less of am impact last year as Clemson had elite WR talent. The elite WR talent helped them win the national chamionship. Finke is going to play a ton for ND, and I think he's got much better college skills than Brunelle will have.
i hope Finke has better skills now. again what these kids are now isn't really relevant. no chance for Brunelle to get to that level in your eyes ? not every guy is going to be elite.

Yeah but no one offered him did they ?

Here's a thought-----maybe Renfrow was the REASON the WR's got open

Corners with little Safety help because he was always open in the middle of the field.

Give it some thought.

Reactions: echowaker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT