ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting - Closing Time

It’s like they felt let’s just get some guys and take a year off recruiting RB. But they are not the concern. Not being able to recruit anyone at all at WR is unacceptable.
So what would you do? Fire the WR coach?

We need to go poach some MAC WR’s or something. You can’t just not recruit anyone.
"We need to go poach some MAC WR’s or something. You can’t just not recruit anyone."

You ever think NOT having a consistent passing game is also an issue? Why would a talented WR want to come here if all they (ND) mainly do is run the ball and throw short to intermediate routes? Where is the downfield passing game? What QB has ND had in the last 5-7 years (if not longer) that has consistently been able to do that? You don't think those WR's see that?

Reactions: Golson5
"We need to go poach some MAC WR’s or something. You can’t just not recruit anyone."

You ever think NOT having a consistent passing game is also an issue? Why would a talented WR want to come here if all they (ND) mainly do is run the ball and throw short to intermediate routes? Where is the downfield passing game? What QB has ND had in the last 5-7 years (if not longer) that has consistently been able to do that? You don't think those WR's see that?
I’m not talking about why it’s hard to recruit them. I’m saying there’s no excuse. Freeman can sit around and make excuses or he can figure it out.

Michigan just won a national title featuring the run. I could not even tell you who played WR at Michigan in 2023.

Michigan just won a national title featuring the run. I could not even tell you who played WR at Michigan in 2023.
I could. They had a really good one and other nice playmakers. I wouldn't make an argument for an outlier though

Reactions: Kelso86
It’s like they felt let’s just get some guys and take a year off recruiting RB. But they are not the concern. Not being able to recruit anyone at all at WR is unacceptable.
There has to be a story behind taking Anderson and Thurman this early. Has to be.

Someone on the staff sold MF on the gamble of taking these guys. It's not the high-end RB talent we're used to, but I'm anxious to find out who wanted them and what the reasons were/are? There is a reason for it....

There has to be a story behind taking Anderson and Thurman this early. Has to be.

Someone on the staff sold MF on the gamble of taking these guys. It's not the high-end RB talent we're used to, but I'm anxious to find out who wanted them and what the reasons were/are? There is a reason for it....
They take what they can get!

How do you know how good these 2 kids will be in two years? Or three years?

IMO there is little to complain about regarding the current RB depth chart through 2025.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelso86
So what would you do? Fire the WR coach?
First off, not hire a wr coach with poor credentials … this is after hiring the top OC arguably in the country after you just had a bad OC and wr coach

First off, not hire a wr coach with poor credentials … this is after hiring the top OC arguably in the country after you just had a bad OC and wr coach
He doesn't have poor credentials....he was one of the top 10 highest paid wr coaches in the country

Reactions: sjb75
Thought this is supposed to be an exceptionally deep and talented WR class. Fully expect we’ll have a good wr group on signing day.

Reactions: IrishMike409

I make no claims on how good Anderson and Thurman will be. With that said, I was surprised at how early they offered those two RBs considering their rankings. My guess is that they didn't think they had a chance w/ any of the top RBS and even if they could, a top RB is likely not going to be scared to commit on account of Anderson and Thurman already committed. If you know you're better than someone who is committed to a school, does that really affect your decision? It may also be strategic, in which they added these two guys for depth and are focused on 2-3 big time targets in the next class.

Reactions: IrishMike409
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT