ADVERTISEMENT

#13 Notre Dame vs #17 Duke prediction thread

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
Can ND manage last weeks hangover against The Dukies? I’d say ND is a bit slugish after that hard loss. Dukes comes in hyped up, at home, at night already having toppled Clemson earlier this year.

Sam Hartman leads a late 4th quarter drive with Mitchell Evans to recapture the lead and the D (with 11 defenders this time) hangs on.

ND 31
Duke 28

Can ND manage last weeks hangover against The Dukies? I’d say ND is a bit slugish after that hard loss. Dukes comes in hyped up, at home, at night already having toppled Clemson earlier this year.

Sam Hartman leads a late 4th quarter drive with Mitchell Evans to recapture the lead and the D (with 11 defenders this time) hangs on.

ND 31
Duke 28
ND 31
Duke 20

ND 31
Duke 28
ND 42. Duke 10

Elko’s defense will be prepared but this will have to be a statement game if we are going to be taken seriously. There’s always a chance of a let down but I think the team will rise to the challenge.

28-17 Irish.

Reactions: d1042
hey another J Domer!, great!

Last edited:
Sam Hartman throws not one, but two, interceptions, including one in or near the Duke end zone, and Spencer Shrader misses another mid-range FG try, but ND's defense forces a couple turnovers of its own,. and ND survives 24-21 as posters on game thread lose their collective sh*t.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
Is Duke actually good? Starting 4-0 is not really all that telling. If they were 9-0, then it might be like, oh shit, these guys look pretty good. But they could easily, easily, end up going 6-6 or 7-5, after a fast start against shitty non-con competition. I guess they did beat Clemson, though perhaps that's not even all that impressive anymore.

I'll go 31-22. Notre Dame, of course....

Is Duke actually good? Starting 4-0 is not really all that telling. If they were 9-0, then it might be like, oh shit, these guys look pretty good. But they could easily, easily, end up going 6-6 or 7-5, after a fast start against shitty non-con competition. I guess they did beat Clemson, though perhaps that's not even all that impressive anymore.

I'll go 31-22. Notre Dame, of course....
Duke is ranked 22nd in F+ this season so their peripherals as a team support the idea of them being a legit top 25 ranked team. But if ND has a good team this year, they should be able to win convincingly.

Duke is ranked 22nd in F+ this season so their peripherals as a team support the idea of them being a legit top 25 ranked team. But if ND has a good team this year, they should be able to win convincingly.
Duke is ranked 17th and 16th in the polls that matter. F+ is a very flawed system and shouldn't be used for rankings.

My understanding is that safety and cornerback is a strength for Duke. Should be interesting. Just get out with a W.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT