ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame @ NC State prediction thread

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
Hartman keeps up the efficiency and throws for 3 more TD’s. He gets Mitchell Evans involved for his first trip to the end zone this year. The Irish ground game adds another couple scores.

ND 38
NC State 16

Reactions: Kelso86
35-17 IRISH!!!!!! Need to keep getting the TE's involved in the passing game and open up the field for the WR's.

28-24 ND; NCST has a good defense and Armstrong cannot be ignored.

28-24 ND; NCST has a good defense and Armstrong cannot be ignored.
NCST had a really nice defense last year (top 10 in the country even after adjusting for their weak ACC schedule), but a lot of good players that contributed to that defense are gone this year. And they aren't the type of program that has recruited the type of players necessary to maintain a top 10 defense going forward.

As great as their defense was last year, their offense was one of the worst in all of the FBS.

Through week 1, F+ (a stat that takes into account last several years of recruiting classes, last several years of team performance, and the productivity of the players that are returning from last year, along with NC state's performance vs the Huskies in week 1) has NC State ranked #56 in the country. ND is ranked #8 based on the same criteria.

If Notre Dame is a legit top 10 team, this should be an easy win. But the oddsmakers don't see much separation between these teams (ND is a 7-8 point favorite) so it will be interesting to see how things shake out.

My prediction is a lower scoring game, but i expect ND to beat the spread. Something like 28-17 ND

Last edited:
NCST had a really nice defense last year (top 10 in the country even after adjusting for their weak ACC schedule), but a lot of good players that contributed to that defense are gone this year. And they aren't the type of program that has recruited the type of players necessary to maintain a top 10 defense going forward.

As great as their defense was last year, their offense was one of the worst in all of the FBS.

Through week 1, F+ (a stat that takes into account last several years of recruiting classes, last several years of team performance, and the productivity of the players that are returning from last year, along with NC state's performance vs the Huskies in week 1) has NC State ranked #56 in the country. ND is ranked #8 based on the same criteria.

If Notre Dame is a legit top 10 team, this should be an easy win. But the oddsmakers don't see much separation between these teams (ND is a 7-8 point favorite) so it will be interesting to see how things shake out.

My prediction is a lower scoring game, but i expect ND to beat the spread. Something like 28-17 ND
F+ is garbage.

Reactions: Golson5

F- is the worst system at ranking teams

Reactions: NDinNJ
IF ND rolls NC State, and it’s a big IF, then I’ll gain confidence that this team is a real contender.

Let’s hope !

Go Irish ☘️

IF ND rolls NC State, and it’s a big IF, then I’ll gain confidence that this team is a real contender.

Let’s hope !

Go Irish ☘️
They will. You are putting too much emphasis on the line.

Everything screams stay away from the line especially after watching NC State vs UConn. I thought we would be 10-14 pt favs. My head says 2 td win but Vegas makes me think a 3 pt win.

Parker cheap hire will be exposed today. We may win, but it’ll be close.
I don't believe so. I've loved the play calling so far. Granted it was against a couple of weak teams, but he did much better with Navy than Rees did last year. Parker's been keeping the pressure on even with a big lead.

Everything screams stay away from the line especially after watching NC State vs UConn. I thought we would be 10-14 pt favs. My head says 2 td win but Vegas makes me think a 3 pt win.
I was also surprised by the line and went from thinking this would be a big win to being worried about winning.

We’ll know the answer in 6 hours

I’m of the opinion that Parker and Rees are pretty much interchangeable. The difference is Hartman vs Pyne. If Rees was calling plays the past couple games I believe we would have had the same success.

I’m of the opinion that Parker and Rees are pretty much interchangeable. The difference is Hartman vs Pyne. If Rees was calling plays the past couple games I believe we would have had the same success.
That’s a valid point.

In 2017, Irish were favored by only 7 and won 35-14. Book makers got it wrong..I believe they have it wrong again. lay the points, take ND.

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT