ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Navy vs Notre Dame prediction thread

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
I think one of these was posted in March, haha

Rebuilding Navy Team, ND will look sharp this week.

Hartman tosses 2 TD’s and runs for another score before Angeli comes in mid 4th quarter.

Merriweather and Tyree catch TD passes, ND ground game scores a couple in the second half.

D scores one and the kicking game gets in a field goal.

Navy-3

Notre Dame-45

Last edited:
Agree with SJB75/Shakin Thund. I see 34-13, 38-14 or something like that. I'd be shocked with a 45-3 game, just don't see it.

34-17. We will have a a major breakdown on D and give up a long run for TD. It will be a liafau missed tackle and run up the middle. Hartman with 3 passing TD’s. And a special teams return for a TD. Mills will have a sack and 2 TFL, Botelho 2 sacks, 1 will cause a fumble.

Since Navy runs the ball so much possessions will be at a premium. I doubt if the score will be in the 40’s. More likely, 34-10 covering the spread of 20 points. ND will shake off early game jitters and pull away

34-17. We will have a a major breakdown on D and give up a long run for TD. It will be a liafau missed tackle and run up the middle. Hartman with 3 passing TD’s. And a special teams return for a TD. Mills will have a sack and 2 TFL, Botelho 2 sacks, 1 will cause a fumble.
I can see #8 missing a tackle or running straight into the blocker and just standing there. We have to have somebody else that can play that position.

Reactions: GDFan
If ND breaks 40, that will mean the offense, defense, and special teams are clicking right out of the gate.

I don't see ND breaking 40, though. Not sure what kind of offense Navy will run this year. More passing, or still the triple option, or a mix of both?
Put the corners man to man, if Navy's wrs can beat our corners, it will be a LONG season. Then 8 or 9 in the box and shut down the run or blitz on every pass play.

ND-31
Navy-17

A lot of people are making predictions as if BK were still the coach.

Fact: BK and his well oiled machine is gone
Fact: ND hasn't offset the loss of BK with better talent -- in fact, since the NIL era came marching in the last couple off-seasons, ND has been getting taken to the woodshed in the off-season worse than they were in the BK era.
Fact: Marcus Freeman is raw/green ESPECIALLY OFFENSIVELY with our star OC at Alabama.
Fact: ND loss some key personnel on both sides of the ball and replaced them with lesser players.

The vegas line is at 8.5 wins on the season. I'm taking the under on that regular season win total this year.

I'm expecting to see some serious ups and downs this season which ultimately means im expecting to see a lot of ups and downs vs Navy but ND should get the W comfortably in this one.

The one saving grace is that Marcus Freeman is so raw/green as a coach that having him at HC is like holding a lotto ticket. The possibility remains--however small-- that we hit the jackpot with this hire until he proves otherwise.

Last edited:
31-7 Irish.

Navy’s new offense sputters and the Irish coast in the 2nd half. Navy gets a score late in the game vs the backups.

Go Irish!

Fact: ND hasn't offset the loss of BK with better talent -- in fact, since the NIL era came marching in the last couple off-seasons, ND has been getting taken to the woodshed in the off-season worse than they were in the BK era.
Fact: Marcus Freeman is raw/green with our star OC at Alabama.

The vegas line is at 8.5 wins on the season. I'm taking the under on that regular season win total this year.

I'm expecting to see some serious ups and downs this season which ultimately means im expecting to see a lot of ups and downs vs Navy.

The one saving grace is that Marcus Freeman is so raw/green as a coach that having him at HC is like holding a lotto ticket. The possibility remains--however small-- that we hit the jackpot with this hire until he proves otherwise.
You pumped for the game tomorrow?

• Haha
Reactions: HDK and chaseball
31-17 Irish. Predicting it'll be close at halftime, Navy will eat up clock but ND will find more offensive consistency in the second half and run away with it.

Fact: Marcus Freeman is raw/green ESPECIALLY OFFENSIVELY with our star OC at Alabama.
Fact: ND loss some key personnel on both sides of the ball and replaced them with lesser players.

I'm expecting to see some serious ups and downs this season which ultimately means im expecting to see a lot of ups and downs vs Navy but ND should get the W comfortably in this one.

We're just saying things are facts even though they are opinions I guess

Lol

Reactions: BGI User 756
Well I am hoping for a big win for the Irish. So many unknowns. Based on talent ND should win comfortably. Though we know that is not always the case. With that said I think ND with the power run game takes care of business

ND 45. Navy. 17

Go Irish !!

If ND breaks 40, that will mean the offense, defense, and special teams are clicking right out of the gate.

I don't see ND breaking 40, though. Not sure what kind of offense Navy will run this year. More passing, or still the triple option, or a mix of both?
Put the corners man to man, if Navy's wrs can beat our corners, it will be a LONG season. Then 8 or 9 in the box and shut down the run or blitz on every pass play.

ND-31
Navy-17
We scored 35 last year in the first half

Reactions: BGI User 756

Were Kelly’s offenses really that insane? I feel like his best teams weren’t his most dynamic offensively.

Anyways 42-10 ND

Were Kelly’s offenses really that insane? I feel like his best teams weren’t his most dynamic offensively.

Anyways 42-10 ND
There's a lot of room in between good and bad.
I think ND fans got spoiled by good (not great) QB and OL play and ultimately good (not great) offenses consistently under BK -- even with mediocre recruiting in ladder years on that side of the ball.
I remember the bob davie and ty willingham years where the offenses were genuinely bad. I think the offense this year has that kind of floor (hoping not of course)

The offensive line has some GREAT players from the BK era left over though so im hoping that helps cushion whatever offensive fall off there might be this season.

Last edited:

POS troll.

I think ND fans got spoiled by good (not great) QB and OL play and ultimately good (not great) offenses consistently under BK -- even with mediocre recruiting in ladder years on that side of the ball.
I remember the bob davie and ty willingham years where the offenses were genuinely bad. I think the offense this year has that kind of floor (hoping not of course)

The offensive line has some GREAT players from the BK era left over though so im hoping that helps cushion whatever offensive fall off there might be this season.
POS Troll..

Offense has that kind of floor. LOL

That was funny

The offense will be much better than last seasons and probably any Kelly offense

Offense has that kind of floor. LOL

That was funny

The offense will be much better than last seasons and probably any Kelly offense
  • ND lost its all everything TE and only effective pass catcher last year and replaced him with a depth chart of lesser prospects at the position.
  • ND lost its OC and QB coach and replaced him with some guys with zero status/reputation (like much of the rest of their coaching staff hires this off-season)
  • When you have a tenured head-coach that has a track record for making correct hires it isn't so bad to lose assistant coaches and replace them with nobodies but MF hasn't proven that he's that guy yet.
  • ND lost a 4 star transfer RB in Logan Diggs that averaged 5 yards per carry and the most carries per game on the team and replaced him with Penn State's scrimmage team tackling dummie.
  • ND is returning a WR room with almost zero production last year and although they recruited some solid WR prospects none of them are a sure-thing for immediate production.
  • The one benefit to the offense is the upgrade at QB, but it takes more than a solid QB transfer (with no one of note behind him mind you) to have an effective offense. Drew Pyne was a solid QB last year in Buchner's absence.
People are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high on Hartman. He's basically a more tenured version of Jack Coan (and that is if the offense even works this year). And Jack Coan had a late round NFL projection -- Sam Hartman likely won't even be drafted next year which is why he's in his 10th year of college. His 10000 TDs in 10000 games vs the dumpster fire that is the ACC means jack shit.

Im not a future teller so who knows maybe Marcus Freeman hired every diamond in the rough unknown star assistant coach out there and maybe NDs roster is full of diamond in the rough prospects at all the important positions but just from a practical standpoint when evaluating the roster objectively there is TON of offensive downside this year and very little evidence to support the opposite end of that spectrum.

Maybe you can educate me about some material improvements on the offense ANYWHERE.. SOMEWHERE .. that i don't know about... ?

Last edited:
  • ND lost its all everything TE and only effective pass catcher last year and replaced him with a depth chart of lesser prospects at the position.
  • ND lost its OC and QB coach and replaced him with some guys with zero status/reputation (like much of the rest of their coaching staff hires this off-season)
  • When you have a tenured head-coach that has a track record for making correct hires it isn't so bad to lose assistant coaches and replace them with nobodies but MF hasn't proven that he's that guy yet.
  • ND lost a 4 star transfer RB in Logan Diggs that averaged 5 yards per carry and the most carries per game on the team and replaced him with Penn State's scrimmage team tackling dummie.
  • ND is returning a WR room with almost zero production last year and although they recruited some solid WR prospects none of them are a sure-thing for immediate production.
  • The one benefit to the offense is the upgrade at QB, but it takes more than a solid QB transfer (with no one of note behind him mind you) to have an effective offense. Drew Pyne was a solid QB last year in Buchner's absence.
People are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high on Hartman. He's basically a more tenured version of Jack Coan (and that is if the offense even works this year). And Jack Coan had a late round NFL projection -- Sam Hartman likely won't even be drafted next year which is why he's in his 10th year of college. His 10000 TDs in 10000 games vs the dumpster fire that is the ACC means jack shit.

Im not a future teller so who knows maybe Marcus Freeman hired every diamond in the rough unknown star assistant coach out there and maybe NDs roster is full of diamond in the rough prospects at all the important positions but just from a practical standpoint when evaluating the roster objectively there is TON of offensive downside this year and very little evidence to support the opposite end of that spectrum.

Maybe you can educate me about some material improvements on the offense ANYWHERE.. SOMEWHERE .. that i don't know about... ?
This is all contradictory with what you said last year. Now we are replacing an ineffectual offense and you are telling us they are inexperienced.

You’ve never seen Hartman play clearly

Crazy fast release ability on quick throws. Can run read option better than out most athletic past qbs. Very accurate downfield passer. Not scared of the moment or making throws under duress

He’s not huge, doesn’t have a cannon, isn’t the most athletic qb ever, will take risks- those are his negatives

Huge improvement at qb, most talented rb room in a long time, takentrd wr room, did I say best qb nd has had since Quinn?

Not sure what to expect from navy but I’ll go w/ a 39-20 win for ND. Navy will score on a long play but we will contain their offense for most of the game. We squander a score but win comfortably.

Never wrestle with a POS troll.

You raise legitimate points.
The truth is that none of us know what the outcome will be.
Vegas has it at 35/36 to 15.

Talk is cheap, how many of those predicting an outcome are willing to bet on their prediction.

As for me, I’m hoping for a John Huarte/Jack Snow type of debut for Hartman

Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT