ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Navy vs Notre Dame prediction thread

You’ve never seen Hartman play clearly

Crazy fast release ability on quick throws. Can run read option better than out most athletic past qbs. Very accurate downfield passer. Not scared of the moment or making throws under duress

He’s not huge, doesn’t have a cannon, isn’t the most athletic qb ever, will take risks- those are his negatives

Huge improvement at qb, most talented rb room in a long time, takentrd wr room, did I say best qb nd has had since Quinn?
You’re saying he’s better than junior year Clausen?? Man, I sure hope that’s going to be the case…

• ND lost its all everything TE and only effective pass catcher last year and replaced him with a depth chart of lesser prospects at the position.
  • ND lost its OC and QB coach and replaced him with some guys with zero status/reputation (like much of the rest of their coaching staff hires this off-season)
  • When you have a tenured head-coach that has a track record for making correct hires it isn't so bad to lose assistant coaches and replace them with nobodies but MF hasn't proven that he's that guy yet.
  • ND lost a 4 star transfer RB in Logan Diggs that averaged 5 yards per carry and the most carries per game on the team and replaced him with Penn State's scrimmage team tackling dummie.
  • ND is returning a WR room with almost zero production last year and although they recruited some solid WR prospects none of them are a sure-thing for immediate production.
  • The one benefit to the offense is the upgrade at QB, but it takes more than a solid QB transfer (with no one of note behind him mind you) to have an effective offense. Drew Pyne was a solid QB last year in Buchner's absence.
People are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high on Hartman. He's basically a more tenured version of Jack Coan (and that is if the offense even works this year). And Jack Coan had a late round NFL projection -- Sam Hartman likely won't even be drafted next year which is why he's in his 10th year of college. His 10000 TDs in 10000 games vs the dumpster fire that is the ACC means jack shit.

Im not a future teller so who knows maybe Marcus Freeman hired every diamond in the rough unknown star assistant coach out there and maybe NDs roster is full of diamond in the rough prospects at all the important positions but just from a practical standpoint when evaluating the roster objectively there is TON of offensive downside this year and very little evidence to support the opposite end of that spectrum.

Maybe you can educate me about some material improvements on the offense ANYWHERE.. SOMEWHERE .. that i don't know about... ?
You. must hate life. I've never seen anyone so negative and wrong about things. Every single post from you is negative and bashing. It gets old, and it just makes me think you are either a miserable person or have a miserable life,

For example you claim Notre Dame football makes hundreds of millions per year, and the other bozo 4-4-3 backed you up. Yet, most of the football programs profits help pay for all of the other sports losses and in fact, which you seem to not care about, the athletic program as a whole net profit is just under 7 million/year.
Not sure what fantasy land you live in, or what drugs you are on, but you need to come back to reality.
Your other option is to find another school/college team to follow, because everyone on this forum is tired of your negativity of Notre Dame.
I'd trade you for a thousand zorich88 because at least he's positive.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 756
  • ND lost its all everything TE and only effective pass catcher last year and replaced him with a depth chart of lesser prospects at the position.
  • ND lost its OC and QB coach and replaced him with some guys with zero status/reputation (like much of the rest of their coaching staff hires this off-season)
  • When you have a tenured head-coach that has a track record for making correct hires it isn't so bad to lose assistant coaches and replace them with nobodies but MF hasn't proven that he's that guy yet.
  • ND lost a 4 star transfer RB in Logan Diggs that averaged 5 yards per carry and the most carries per game on the team and replaced him with Penn State's scrimmage team tackling dummie.
  • ND is returning a WR room with almost zero production last year and although they recruited some solid WR prospects none of them are a sure-thing for immediate production.
  • The one benefit to the offense is the upgrade at QB, but it takes more than a solid QB transfer (with no one of note behind him mind you) to have an effective offense. Drew Pyne was a solid QB last year in Buchner's absence.
People are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high on Hartman. He's basically a more tenured version of Jack Coan (and that is if the offense even works this year). And Jack Coan had a late round NFL projection -- Sam Hartman likely won't even be drafted next year which is why he's in his 10th year of college. His 10000 TDs in 10000 games vs the dumpster fire that is the ACC means jack shit.

Im not a future teller so who knows maybe Marcus Freeman hired every diamond in the rough unknown star assistant coach out there and maybe NDs roster is full of diamond in the rough prospects at all the important positions but just from a practical standpoint when evaluating the roster objectively there is TON of offensive downside this year and very little evidence to support the opposite end of that spectrum.

Maybe you can educate me about some material improvements on the offense ANYWHERE.. SOMEWHERE .. that i don't know about... ?
We upgraded at the QB position immensely over Pyne. It's not even close. Pyne is a 3rd string at ASU.

Our OL will be as good or better. Alt Fisher and Correll all a year older and upper classmen now.

Rb position is addition by subtraction. Rees loved Diggs was too much. Estime deserved more carries and will now get them. Also a tear older he is. Depth and talent is better with Price/Love

Wr will be better than last year. Salerno was our 4 or 5 guy going into week 1 last year. Now he's number 7

The only position we didnt improve is TE.

And OC/QB coach I believe will be a big improvement. Rees was okay. But his qb coaching skill were questionable

Well I am hoping for a big win for the Irish. So many unknowns. Based on talent ND should win comfortably. Though we know that is not always the case. With that said I think ND with the power run game takes care of business

ND 45. Navy. 17

Go Irish !!
Since you and I are the two worry warts on this board, your prediction has me very nervous. I think ND wins, but I expect a rather pedestrian game with ND working out kinks on offensive side of the ball and Navy trying to settle in under a new head coach. I'll say ND 31 Navy 21, with Navy scoring late to make it respectable.

Reactions: tkirish
Since you and I are the two worry warts on this board, your prediction has me very nervous. I think ND wins, but I expect a rather pedestrian game with ND working out kinks on offensive side of the ball and Navy trying to settle in under a new head coach. I'll say ND 31 Navy 21, with Navy scoring late to make it respectable.
HDK , I actually thought you might reply to my post , lol. Always good to hear from you . Yes i fall into the worry wart category. Your prediction is probably closer to reality than mine. My prediction is more like I’m hoping that’s the score. I’ll take a win anyway they can get it. First games are always dicey. If ND protects the ball and gets a few defensive stops, they will win. Go Irish !!

A lot of people are making predictions as if BK were still the coach.

Fact: BK and his well oiled machine is gone
Fact: ND hasn't offset the loss of BK with better talent -- in fact, since the NIL era came marching in the last couple off-seasons, ND has been getting taken to the woodshed in the off-season worse than they were in the BK era.
Fact: Marcus Freeman is raw/green ESPECIALLY OFFENSIVELY with our star OC at Alabama.
Fact: ND loss some key personnel on both sides of the ball and replaced them with lesser players.

The vegas line is at 8.5 wins on the season. I'm taking the under on that regular season win total this year.

I'm expecting to see some serious ups and downs this season which ultimately means im expecting to see a lot of ups and downs vs Navy but ND should get the W comfortably in this one.

The one saving grace is that Marcus Freeman is so raw/green as a coach that having him at HC is like holding a lotto ticket. The possibility remains--however small-- that we hit the jackpot with this hire until he proves otherwise.
IDK. QB is better than ANY QB in the entire BK era. Line backers are better. CB’s are better. OL is a step down, but talented. RB I will give ya, but Estime is a dog. WR yea, but the frosh talent is some of the best ever and BK left a dry cupboard there.

I think this season we will see what a great QB and leader does.

A lot of people are making predictions as if BK were still the coach.

Fact: BK and his well oiled machine is gone
Fact: ND hasn't offset the loss of BK with better talent -- in fact, since the NIL era came marching in the last couple off-seasons, ND has been getting taken to the woodshed in the off-season worse than they were in the BK era.
Fact: Marcus Freeman is raw/green ESPECIALLY OFFENSIVELY with our star OC at Alabama.
Fact: ND loss some key personnel on both sides of the ball and replaced them with lesser players.

The vegas line is at 8.5 wins on the season. I'm taking the under on that regular season win total this year.

I'm expecting to see some serious ups and downs this season which ultimately means im expecting to see a lot of ups and downs vs Navy but ND should get the W comfortably in this one.

The one saving grace is that Marcus Freeman is so raw/green as a coach that having him at HC is like holding a lotto ticket. The possibility remains--however small-- that we hit the jackpot with this hire until he proves otherwise.
Way off

The offense looked great today much better than I was expecting (for all the reasons I listed in my post) and a performance like this indeed provides new evidence with which to adjust my expectations of the offense going forward. Much more optimistic after watching NDs offense demolish Navy today. There's still 11 more games to go though, hopefully it continues.

The offense looked great today much better than I was expecting and it does impact my expectations of the offense going forward. Much more optimistic after watching NDs offense demolish Navy today. There's still 11 more games to go though, hopefully it continues.
A POS troll.

HDK , I actually thought you might reply to my post , lol. Always good to hear from you . Yes i fall into the worry wart category. Your prediction is probably closer to reality than mine. My prediction is more like I’m hoping that’s the score. I’ll take a win anyway they can get it. First games are always dicey. If ND protects the ball and gets a few defensive stops, they will win. Go Irish !!
Very impressive win. Running game looked great; Hartman looked great and spread the ball around nicely. Little disappointed in our tackling. Seemed like Navy's backs broke a fair number of tackles and managed to get that extra couple of yards.

Very impressive win. Running game looked great; Hartman looked great and spread the ball around nicely. Little disappointed in our tackling. Seemed like Navy's backs broke a fair number of tackles and managed to get that extra couple of yards.
Nice first win. Plenty to work on for sure. If anything you can see the potential this team has. It was refreshing to see them run downhill and take to a team who was clearly outmanned. Good win to start the season

The early part of the schedule plays out really well for this team.
A couple of tune up games, and then power5 road test, and another tune up game before Ohio State.

The games leading up to Ohio State should give this team enough time to iron out any issues and provide confidence that they can compete and win.

The offense looked great today much better than I was expecting (for all the reasons I listed in my post) and a performance like this indeed provides new evidence with which to adjust my expectations of the offense going forward. Much more optimistic after watching NDs offense demolish Navy today. There's still 11 more games to go though, hopefully it continues.
Just listen to me next time. I tried telling you but you think you know everything

I think one of these was posted in March, haha

Rebuilding Navy Team, ND will look sharp this week.

Hartman tosses 2 TD’s and runs for another score before Angeli comes in mid 4th quarter.

Merriweather and Tyree catch TD passes, ND ground game scores a couple in the second half.

D scores one and the kicking game gets in a field goal.

Navy-3

Notre Dame-45
Darn good prediction

Reactions: scubastevefl

I missed this MOST POSITIVE POST from chase

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT