ADVERTISEMENT

#6 Ohio State v #9 Notre Dane prediction thread

Time to win a big game on the big stage. Getting a good grad transfer QB will be the difference. Freeman gets his signature win.
Notre Dame 30
OSU 28

Reactions: GH56IRISH
Ohio State always gets better as the year goes on. Irish may have caught them early enough and at a good time. Can’t wait to see what Hartman does against them. Been watching him 4 years but never in a game like this. But Buckeyes are ridiculously talented and I suspect there may be a lot of red in the stadium. I’m not talking Texas burnt orange or Georgia red level in the stadium. But there will be quite a bit of red.

I think Buckeyes win a good game. Their WR room is ridiculous. But if some really cool F+ stats get thrown at me I might change my mind.

Last edited:
Ohio State always gets better as the year goes on. Irish may have caught them early enough and at a good time. Can’t wait to see what Hartman does against them. Been watching him 4 years but never in a game like this. But Buckeyes are ridiculously talented and I suspect there may be a lot of red in the stadium. I’m not talking Texas burnt orange or Georgia red level in the stadium. But there will be quite a bit of red.

I think Buckeyes win a good game. Their WR room is ridiculous. But if some really cool F+ stats get thrown at me I might change my mind.

If you take recruitment as the predictor, OSU average class is 4 over 4 years and ND is 11th. I don’t know if that’s massive as ND kids are 5 star until they commit and the mysteriously get down grades. I think that happens when you have your own TV contract. Also with Sam in that’s a diff maker.

Coaching I give Day the nod for experience. ND gets home field and QB.

What I will say is, if they beat up ND they are a contender. You just don’t come to ND at night and beat us unless your the real deal.

Clemson last year averages 7th in recruiting for comparison.

If you take recruitment as the predictor, OSU average class is 4 over 4 years and ND is 11th. I don’t know if that’s massive as ND kids are 5 star until they commit and the mysteriously get down grades.
You are bordering on paranoia here. At the risk of sounding like Patty Irish, I'll ask you to name three five stars that were downgraded after committing to ND.

The Irish are a mere 3-13 vs the top 10 in their last 16 match ups.

Sam Hartman is ND’s best QB in a good while and gives ND the advantage in the QB match up but the Irish ground game that punishes the OSU defense.

ND’s future top 5 NFL draft pick (Joe Alt) helps keep Hartman upright and gives him time to distribute the ball all over the field.

The Buckeyes have their own future top 3 NFL draft pick in Marvin Harrison Jr. (God I’m old). Im excited for the match up between him and another future first round NFL draft pick Benjamin Morrison.

I don’t watch Sunday football but there is a lot of Sunday talent in this game.

Estime punches in a late to go ahead TD and the Irish hold on…

Buckeyes 31
Irish 38

Hartman leads the Irish to a big signature win. Irish 35 Ohio St 31.

If you take recruitment as the predictor, OSU average class is 4 over 4 years and ND is 11th. I don’t know if that’s massive as ND kids are 5 star until they commit and the mysteriously get down grades. I think that happens when you have your own TV contract. Also with Sam in that’s a diff maker.

What I will say is, if they beat up ND they are a contender. You just don’t come to ND at night and beat us unless your the real deal.

That’s not that big of a gap. Especially considering the transfers and the 3 stars that are now all Americans like Morrison and Alt. Estime probably should’ve been a 5 star player too. Hartman was vastly underrated. I’m sure OSU has some of those guys too though. I think if I were unbiased I’d pick OSU here, but I can’t bring myself to do that. So ND 34. OSU 28.

That’s not that big of a gap. Especially considering the transfers and the 3 stars that are now all Americans like Morrison and Alt. Estime probably should’ve been a 5 star player too. Hartman was vastly underrated. I’m sure OSU has some of those guys too though. I think if I were unbiased I’d pick OSU here, but I can’t bring myself to do that. So ND 34. OSU 28.
247 total team talent has us 11th but 57 5 stars + 4 stars is 4Th in the country I believe.

91.16 average is top 5 or 6 I believe

Reactions: IrishBeer
Oh, I thought you meant there was an actual team talent ranking of the guys on our team. That link was to the recruiting ranking.I must’ve misunderstood.

Notre Dame is going to have to score a lot to win this one, we don't have the pass rush or the front seven to win a low scoring game.

My heart has this as 35-31 Notre Dame, My head? 35-20 Ohio State.

Interesting statistics but the difference between 4 and 11 is quite large. I don’t think it’s all that close across the board. Not saying it’s a massive difference though.

Agree if they beat up on ND in South Bend they’re a contender. Your complaint about recruiting downgrades after commitments is a common one with my team as well. Lots of kids going from four stars to three stars after committing to us. Much less being elevated. I’m surprised Notre Dame has that complaint because I always felt it was the blue bloods that benefits from raised rankings.

Example number one is the North Carolina Tar Heels. I don’t know what dirt they have on the NCAA. They have the biggest academic scandal in history, literally making up a fake department with fake classes over a decade and they get virtually no punishment. Then a kid commits and all the sudden he’s a four-star. Lots of UNC grads work in media that helps with rankings.

52-49 nd. High scoring second half with 5 combined tds in the 4th. Nd gets the long run with 45 45 seconds left.

ND will face Colorado in the NC game! who do you like?

aha, the makings of a storybook comback! (hope your doing well, Pat)
I’m doing very well, I just received a very favorable report last Wednesday after a thorough evaluation and hope that you get and keep getting similar reports. 👍

Hang in there !

P.S. Keep your fingers crossed tonight ! ☘️

Reactions: d1042
I have an icky feeling. Our tackling has been bad. Hope I’m wrong and will destroy them. 😱

Not making a prediction but hell will freeze over before that OSU offense is limited to 17 points. I read on one of the national websites that they are shooting - in the near future - for some kind of record for most consecutive games of 20+ points
Good call dumbas$

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT