ADVERTISEMENT

USC getting

I've always liked UCLA this makes me happy. They have had bad luck losing 2 QBs to injuries.

Our best win became nothing. Until now SC was losing one score games.

The Trojans gave Riley a ten year, $110 million contract. Just like Texas A&M, what do you do about that?

Let that be a lesson to some of you that constantly bark about bringing in a big name coach and backing up the Brinks truck. Just because you do that guarantees NOTHING.

Caleb Williams has never been quoted as saying that. Ever.
It's been mentioned by the talking heads of CFB. That had to come from somewhere. They're saying it's coming from his "representation", but it likely didn't start with them. It probably originated from the player himself.

Link:
Link:

The Trojans gave Riley a ten year, $110 million contract. Just like Texas A&M, what do you do about that?

Let that be a lesson to some of you that constantly bark about bringing in a big name coach and backing up the Brinks truck. Just because you do that guarantees NOTHING.
They may also be more relaxed and figure, given his performance at Oklahoma, that he will turn it around in a couple of years.

A lot of people on this board were convinced Harbaugh wasn't going to succeed at Michigan. Sign-stealing or not, he has panned out pretty well for them.

They may also be more relaxed and figure, given his performance at Oklahoma, that he will turn it around in a couple of years.

A lot of people on this board were convinced Harbaugh wasn't going to succeed at Michigan. Sign-stealing or not, he has panned out pretty well for them.
Well, only time will tell what happens with Harbaugh. I knew he'd do well at Meatchicken, but this little bit of shenanigans isn't going away easily. I figure he'll be in the NFL next year to avoid a year-long suspension by the NCAA.

As for Riley, he's never been known for having a good defense. His defense was to simply outscore the other team, ala Charlie Weis. He will have some tough sledding going into the BIG with a different type of game being played there. None of the current BIG teams play that finesse game; it's a lot more physical.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Yeah, but that Prima Dona is saying he wants ownership in whichever team drafts him.

Good luck with that.
With each team and a team’s entry into the NFL being worth approximately
$ 6,000,000,000, I dont see that happening.

Plus, you have to be vetted by the League office prior to acquiring ownership and that can be an impediment.

it’s one thing to give up cash, it’s quite another to give up equity !

Just had to wait 7 years for it to pan out

There is a material difference, USC is a private school.

i‘m still perplexed by the TAM arrangement, just like I am with LSU

Reactions: NDinNJ

Riley, like Kelly didn't win anything of significance. Both USC and LSU gave championship level coaching money to two coaches that aren't championship level coaches.

Last edited:
Game plan was much better. Would like to see them do this stuff every week. Somehow I think the offense has been handcuffed by Marcus Tressel

The further Riley gets away from Bob Stoops the softer his teams get. The Air Raid coaches throughout history are fun to watch. Mumme, Leach, Kingsbury, Holgerson, Riley.

They put up a ton of points, but the lack of a running attack, and the understanding of complimentary football, leads to an overall softness. Riley’s best team was his first team 2017 OU, but even that teams defense let him down and allowed UGA to come back in the CFP Semifinal.

Per an article on Sporting News on this issue.
Earlier this season, the NFL adopted a rule that prohibits giving equity in a franchise to current players or other employees within the organization. There were a number of reasons outlined by the league, including salary-cap complications and potential conflicts of interest.

The timing was not necessarily random. After the news of the rule broke in July, Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reported that Williams' representatives were letting prospective NFL teams know that the USC QB wanted partial ownership of whatever team selects him in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Per an article on Sporting News on this issue.
Earlier this season, the NFL adopted a rule that prohibits giving equity in a franchise to current players or other employees within the organization. There were a number of reasons outlined by the league, including salary-cap complications and potential conflicts of interest.

The timing was not necessarily random. After the news of the rule broke in July, Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reported that Williams' representatives were letting prospective NFL teams know that the USC QB wanted partial ownership of whatever team selects him in the 2024 NFL Draft.
This was the Aaron Rodgers rule. He tried getting that this year

This was the Aaron Rodgers rule. He tried getting that this year
I shared the wording of the article. Doesn’t really matter if this was a reaction to Williams or Roger’s, or something they’ve been considering for some time. My point in sharing is these posts regarding him demanding an ownership share are moot given the NFL Rule adoption.

Riley has lost the team.

well, true, Helton brought in no quality OL or DL and then in CLR 2 classes he has not brought in any of the elite linemen.
Kelly, to his credit knew you start with the lines, and build from there. MF seems smart to that also.

It will take. 3 classes to rebuild the SC lines. Will they come?

And Tam as well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT