ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly to Ohio St. as OC.

That was as a head coach. He's still one of the best football coaches and offensive minds in the business and now his responsibilities have been scaled back to offense exclusively.

And LOL@ an ND fan knocking a team for its conference competition when ND plays 5 games a year vs the failure that is the present day ACC.
You seem to have such disdain for Notre Dame, why are you a Notre Dame fan?

I believe I speak for most on this forum when I say go root for another school, you won't be missed.

I think Marcus Freeman would even concede that Kelly is the better OC.

Coach Day can recruit (Chip Kelly's biggest weakness), and Chip Kelly can coach offensive football, develop offensive talent, and lead/run a system better than most in the business.

Another example of ND playing checkers while OSU is playing chess. And it shows in the comparative success of these two programs since the turn of the century.

I think ND could have done worse than Denbrock, so a lot of this comes down to timing as well. I'm just tired of our competitors making all the exciting moves, while we (Notre Dame) hire a dinosaur to run our offense who doesn't bring anything as a recruiter and who has a really unique career-arch that makes you wonder how much of his late success is just good luck vs his actual ability to coordinate an offense (referring to Denbrock of course).
There it is….didn’t take long for you to post here, but took days for you to acknowledge Streibig

So…how well have those Chip Kelly teams done since Oregon?

Reactions: NDinNJ
Yep. And then Brady saved Bills job and put him in the HOF
What few, including yourself fail to understand, is that the Patriots defense was largely responsible for many of their wins.

Only the ignorant think that Brady and Brady alone was responsible for all of the Patriots Super Bowl wins.

And I’m a big fan of Brady

That was as a head coach. He's still one of the best football coaches and offensive minds in the business and now his responsibilities have been scaled back to offense exclusively.

And LOL@ an ND fan knocking a team for its conference competition when ND plays 5 games a year vs the failure that is the present day ACC.
Yet the pros didn’t want him back. Nor did any of the blue bloods

Funny you slopping on Michigan with their schedule the last 7 years

What few, including yourself fail to understand, is that the Patriots defense was largely responsible for many of their wins.

Only the ignorant think that Brady and Brady alone was responsible for all of the Patriots Super Bowl wins.

No one said Brady alone

And wins

Bill wihtout Brady is a below average coach. Andy without Mahomes is an above average coach

Got it.
I think Belichick's failures the last few years had more to do with his failure at the GM side of his job. His offenses had no talent the last few years. Their defenses were still pretty good.

I think Marcus Freeman would even concede that Kelly is the better OC.

Coach Day can recruit (Chip Kelly's biggest weakness), and Chip Kelly can coach offensive football, develop offensive talent, and lead/run a system better than most in the business.

Another example of ND playing checkers while OSU is playing chess. And it shows in the comparative success of these two programs since the turn of the century.

I think ND could have done worse than Denbrock, so a lot of this comes down to timing as well. I'm just tired of our competitors making all the exciting moves, while we (Notre Dame) hire a dinosaur to run our offense who doesn't bring anything as a recruiter and who has a really unique career-arch that makes you wonder how much of his late success is just good luck vs his actual ability to coordinate an offense (referring to Denbrock of course).
Kelly and Day go back to their New Hampshire days, when Kelly coached Day in college. Apparently they're very close. So I doubt he would've made this move for any other program. JMO.

I think Belichick's failures the last few years had more to do with his failure at the GM side of his job. His offenses had no talent the last few years. Their defenses were still pretty good.
Yeah he's been a bad GM for about 10 years now. But Bill was a below average coach prior to Brady's arrival. Then he was a bad coach after he left

Maybe he wants to go back to just being an OC, and to try to win an NC before he retires. He's never won one.
Maybe he knew UCLA wanted him out (they did) so he decided to be an OC at a championship contender and next year he will become the HC somewhere or go to the nfl and be an OC.

This osu thing won't be for long

Maybe he knew UCLA wanted him out (they did) so he decided to be an OC at a championship contender and next year he will become the HC somewhere or go to the nfl and be an OC.

This osu thing won't be for long
Who knows what's going on in his head; it's all speculation. But maybe he's tired of being a CFB HC due to all the changes.

Chip Kelly reportedly never liked or fully committed to recruiting, and it showed. He was head coach at a school bleeding money within the athletics program with almost zero ability to offer competitive NIL opportunities. He was not well liked within the Administration, and a group of influential alums tried to get him fired last year. UCLA enters the Big with zero chance of success in the foreseeable future. Kelly has been blatant in his desire to leave the program this year…linked to OC positions at the Raiders and Seahawks before landing at Ohio St. At his age, this might be a comfortable enjoyable last job of coaching what he loves…offense; or he might be using it to gain traction again as a Brilliant offensive mind looking for one last good head coaching opportunity without UCLA’s inherent shortcomings.

I find it odd that you would admit that since you have such a love affair with TB. But I think this is correct. Defense won the day early in Brady’s career but Brady won the day later in his career.

Everyone knows that. Even his own coaches on staff were preparing to be fired after he started off 5 and 13 with the Pats
Alot goes into champ teams. Bill had a hell of a staff. Romeo C was a legit DC, Weiss was a legit OC. Great Special teams won the AFC champ game with the punt return & blocked fg for a td & there isnt a better clutch kicker than Vinitari. Bledsoe also came in for Brady & played well on that AFC champ game and you cant talked about the Pats Dynasty without the tuck rule & the dark arts of Spygate, deflategate, & possible tapping/hacking of opposing teams communications.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbonesays
Kelly and Day go back to their New Hampshire days, when Kelly coached Day in college. Apparently they're very close. So I doubt he would've made this move for any other program. JMO.
Will Day allow Chip to call plays. I thought that was Day’s thing calling plays.
Ryan Day reminds me of the college version of Mike McCarthy. Good OC but very soft HC.

Alot goes into champ teams. Bill had a hell of a staff. Romeo C was a legit DC, Weiss was a legit OC. Great Special teams won the AFC champ game with the punt return & blocked fg for a td & there isnt a better clutch kicker than Vinitari. Bledsoe also came in for Brady & played well and you cant talked about the Pats Dynasty without the tuck rule & the dark arts of Spygate, deflategate, & possible tapping/hacking of opposing teams communications.
Yes a lot goes into Champ teams. And Brady was the most important part of the Pats dynasty. The one that started off 5 and 13 before he took his first start. And the rest is history

Yeah he's been a bad GM for about 10 years now. But Bill was a below average coach prior to Brady's arrival. Then he was a bad coach after he left
Just goes to show it really doesn’t matter how great of a coach you are, without a bona fide quarterback, you never going to win.

Will Day allow Chip to call plays. I thought that was Day’s thing calling plays.
Ryan Day reminds me of the college version of Mike McCarthy. Good OC but very soft HC.
I believe O'Brien was going to call plays, so presumably Kelly will be, too.

Ask Andy Reid where the Chiefs would be without Patrick Mahomes..
Reid has taken two different teams to the Super Bowl. So did Parcells. Belichik and Jimmy Johnson could not match this feat. It’s harder to catch lightning in a bottle twice.

If Bledso doesn’t get hurt Bills 2nd HC stint goes about as well as his first in Cleveland.
Bledsoe was good for playoff appearances. He should have had a wildcard loss that one year with the Cowboys

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT