ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly to Ohio St. as OC.

Must have really wanted out of UCLA.
Yea -- I don't think he was well liked there, and after going 35-34 in his time there, the writing may have been on the wall.
Timing for UCLA sucks as they are about to commence spring practice soon.

Yea -- I don't think he was well liked there, and after going 35-34 in his time there, the writing may have been on the wall.
Timing for UCLA sucks as they are about to commence spring practice soon.
Hearing on local so. California sports talk radio that PJ Fleck could be the next head coach at UCLA.

Ryan Day would say Chip Kelly. Marcus Freeman would say Mike Denbrock.
I think Marcus Freeman would even concede that Kelly is the better OC.

Coach Day can recruit (Chip Kelly's biggest weakness), and Chip Kelly can coach offensive football, develop offensive talent, and lead/run a system better than most in the business.

Another example of ND playing checkers while OSU is playing chess. And it shows in the comparative success of these two programs since the turn of the century.

I think ND could have done worse than Denbrock, so a lot of this comes down to timing as well. I'm just tired of our competitors making all the exciting moves, while we (Notre Dame) hire a dinosaur to run our offense who doesn't bring anything as a recruiter and who has a really unique career-arch that makes you wonder how much of his late success is just good luck vs his actual ability to coordinate an offense (referring to Denbrock of course).

Last edited:

Coach Day can recruit (Chip Kelly's biggest weakness), and Chip Kelly can coach offensive football, develop offensive talent, and lead/run a system better than most in the business.

Another example of ND playing checkers while OSU is playing chess. And it shows in the comparative success of these two programs since the turn of the century.

I think ND could have done worse than Denbrock, so a lot of this comes down to timing as well. I'm just tired of our competitors making all the exciting moves, while we (Notre Dame) hire a dinosaur to run our offense who doesn't bring anything as a recruiter and who has a really unique career-arch that makes you wonder how much of his late success is luck vs talent as an OC (referring to Denbrock's resume of course).
You're pathetic. You got so much wrong it was funny to read

Hearing on local so. California sports talk radio that PJ Fleck could be the next head coach at UCLA.
Row the boat....His style doesnt really seam CA......Pete Carroll seems like a better pic

I think ND could have done worse than Denbrock, so a lot of this comes down to timing as well. I'm just tired of our competitors making all the exciting moves, while we (Notre Dame) hire a dinosaur to run our offense who doesn't bring anything as a recruiter and who has a really unique career-arch that makes you wonder how much of his late success is just good luck vs his actual ability to coordinate an offense (referring to Denbrock of course).
What is it you like most about Chip - his horrible run in the pros or his below average run in a below average PAC 12?

TIRESOME. Dembrock has the #1 offense in the country last year. Kelly was #32.

Denbrock's track record as an offensive-coordinator is light. We have zero clue how much credit he deserves for the offensive explosion at LSU last season (obviously he deserves some credit, but how much?). LSU has three elite players/1st round talents at QB & WR. They also have Brian Kelly who is known for being very hands on with the offense and who is also known for his player development.

In my opinion, Denbrock is an OC with a really low floor due to his light track record, who doesn't really bring anything to the table on the recruiting trail.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Golson5
What is it you like most about Chip - his horrible run in the pros or his below average run in a below average PAC 12?
That was as a head coach. He's still one of the best football coaches and offensive minds in the business and now his responsibilities have been scaled back to offense exclusively.

And LOL@ an ND fan knocking a team for its conference competition when ND plays 5 games a year vs the failure that is the present day ACC.

Denbrock's track record as an offensive-coordinator is light. We have zero clue how much credit he deserves for the offensive explosion at LSU last season (obviously he deserves some credit, but how much?). LSU has three elite players/1st round talents at QB & WR. They also have Brian Kelly who is known for being very hands on with the offense and who is also known for his player development.

In my opinion, Denbrock is an OC with a really low floor due to his light track record, who doesn't really bring anything to the table on the recruiting trail.
😂

Reactions: NDinNJ
Brian Kelly runs the offense wherever he is. Notre Dame. LSU. It’s his offense.

Kelly them employs OC’s to carry out his playbook.

That was as a head coach. He's still one of the best football coaches and offensive minds in the business and now his responsibilities have been scaled back to offense exclusively.

And LOL@ an ND fan knocking a team for its conference competition when ND plays 5 games a year vs the failure that is the present day ACC.
One of the best football coaches and offensive minds that is barely 500 at his last two stops. You have low expectations.

Reactions: BGI User 756
That's bizarre, but I guess he must be tired of being a head coach, and wants to just be an OC again. He also coached Day in college, so he has a personal relationship with him. Apparently he's taking a $4 million pay cut.

One of the best football coaches and offensive minds that is barely 500 at his last two stops. You have low expectations.
Bill Belichik is arguably the best NFL head coach who has ever lived. And he struggled as well recently. So what.

And Andy Reid won nothing in 14 years in Philadelphia, and would not be in the Super Bowl without Patrick Mahomes.

So what.
He won a lot of games and playoff wins with Donovan Mcnabb, Mike Vick and Alex Smith

His record without Mahomes is much better than Bills without Brady.

So thats what. Got it.

He won a lot of games and playoff wins with Donovan Mcnabb, Mike Vick and Alex Smith

So thats what. Got it.
And won nothing.

You’re judged in the NFL by Super Bowls.

And wins

Bill wihtout Brady is a below average coach. Andy without Mahomes is an above average coach

Got it.
Bill Belichik is IMO the greatest defensive coach who ever lived, and he owns 6 Super Bowl rings.

Not a bad career.

We've now seen 2 head coaches voluntarily leave these positions to be a coordinator in the last month. I don't recall ever seeing that happen. I think this is a reflection of coaches being fed up with not knowing who is on their roster on a day to day basis.

Reactions: 1Redrum
We've now seen 2 head coaches voluntarily leave these positions to be a coordinator in the last month. I don't recall ever seeing that happen. I think this is a reflection of coaches being fed up with not knowing who is on their roster on a day to day basis.
Imagine being lucky enough to have the opportunity to make 7+ figures coaching football in america but complaining about roster-turnover instead lol

So thats what. Got it.
Because Belichek wasn't going to win anything in all those years if Brady retired at a normal age.

Absolutely

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT