ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St recent transfer pick ups

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
I read Ohio St spent 13 million dollars in NIL to land Judkins, Downs, Howard, Sayin, etc

Wow

You meant to write, NIL collectives for Ohio State spent 13 million in NIL deals.

That's misleading. The 13 million figure is what Day said in a press conference a year or so ago about what Ohio State needs to do to compete and pay their roster talent to keep it in tact. It was basically a message to the fans and boosters to give the NIL collectives money. OSU doesn't pay recruits to sign with them, but they do a great job at paying players already on the team and paying proven talents from other schools that entered the portal. They certainly did not pay 13 million to land 5 or 6 transfer portal players, no one does that. Lane Kiffin quote tweeted that figure and I believe was sending the same message to Ole Miss fans and boosters, pay up. I think people are getting the wrong idea about OSU and paying for players. We lost 18 players to the transfer portal and picked up only 6, which is really 5 players since one of them is a 2024 recruit. It just so happens we landed some quality players. We only signed a 20 player recruiting class (21 if you count the 1 transfer). We certainly didn't do an A&M/Miami and just pay a ton of recruits to come to our school. We lost elite recruits to Miami because of NIL.

That's misleading. The 13 million figure is what Day said in a press conference a year or so ago about what Ohio State needs to do to compete and pay their roster talent to keep it in tact. It was basically a message to the fans and boosters to give the NIL collectives money. OSU doesn't pay recruits to sign with them, but they do a great job at paying players already on the team and paying proven talents from other schools that entered the portal. They certainly did not pay 13 million to land 5 or 6 transfer portal players, no one does that. Lane Kiffin quote tweeted that figure and I believe was sending the same message to Ole Miss fans and boosters, pay up. I think people are getting the wrong idea about OSU and paying for players. We lost 18 players to the transfer portal and picked up only 6, which is really 5 players since one of them is a 2024 recruit. It just so happens we landed some quality players. We only signed a 20 player recruiting class (21 if you count the 1 transfer). We certainly didn't do an A&M/Miami and just pay a ton of recruits to come to our school. We lost elite recruits to Miami because of NIL.
What are you so worried about? There's no shame in paying 13 million. I don't think Julian Sayin is going to be any good. As far as elite-recruit tOSU QBs go, he reminds me of Tate Martell, and I would expect a similar amount of college success, as in not that much. Judkins is really good though....

Reactions: edub72
What are you so worried about? There's no shame in paying 13 million. I don't think Julian Sayin is going to be any good. As far as elite-recruit tOSU QBs go, he reminds me of Tate Martell, and I would expect a similar amount of college success, as in not that much. Judkins is really good though....
Have you seen him play? He's a baller. He was the elite 11 MVP for a reason, he's pretty damn good. He's nothing like Tate Martell, TM was like a poor mans Baker Mayfield at 5'9

Clueless, ignorant, as usual.

Reactions: NDinNJ
The wonderful game of college football is, unless ncaa gets some balls, toast. So sad

Understanding sarcasm is clearly not in your wheel house, but maybe I should have added an eye roll 🙄 for emphasis.
There is nothing indicative of sarcasm in your original post ya clown. Poster made a comment about OSU and NIL and you responded with the trope regarding it’s NIL collectives not OSU itself.

We’ve heard that said in defense for wild spending for sometime now, no way to know by your comment that it was sarcasm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT