ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Angeli QB Committed Irish!

His passing numbers were almost identical or a little worse. His passer rating was a touch lower. You said every qb he works with gets better. Ehlinger was the same or a touch worse as a5th year. He didn't get better. He stayed exactly the same
Kinda nitpicking? No? Yurcich is one helluva coach

Last edited:
So Allar is the fall guy. That's what it looks like. Obviously our staff wanted Angeli, that much at least is clear. So we can at least drop the whole 'we didn't even offer him until.... ' crap. And we can limit the shit dumped on Kelly/Rees and co. to their poor scouting and general stupidity and not lazy recruiting. Because it seems pretty clear that for better or worse Steve Angeli was our top target

So should us non-hater fans expect Allar, even though he's only three stars, should we expect him to be the next Trevor Lawrence, and he could have been our Trevor Lawrence? He's as big as Lawrence, I didn't notice that at first. I wanted us to recruit a QB out of Hawaii who currently only has two P5 offers, but that was a pipedream. And there was that other guy who committed to Bama, Ty Simpson, but he never would have come to ND anyway, so forget him.

But Allar, we maybe could have had him! So he'll be the fall guy of sorts.

Reactions: Pennick4
So Allar is the fall guy. That's what it looks like. Obviously our staff wanted Angeli, that much at least is clear. So we can at least drop the whole 'we didn't even offer him until.... ' crap. And we can limit the shit dumped on Kelly/Rees and co. to their poor scouting and general stupidity and not lazy recruiting. Because it seems pretty clear that for better or worse Steve Angeli was our top target

So should us non-hater fans expect Allar, even though he's only three stars, should we expect him to be the next Trevor Lawrence, and he could have been our Trevor Lawrence? He's as big as Lawrence, I didn't notice that at first. I wanted us to recruit a QB out of Hawaii who currently only has two P5 offers, but that was a pipedream. And there was that other guy who committed to Bama, Ty Simpson, but he never would have come to ND anyway, so forget him.

But Allar, we maybe could have had him! So he'll be the fall guy of sorts.
I think it's because the majority of people don't think Angeli is very good, so right now we have 100% of our eggs in the buchner basket from 2022-2024

Reactions: Golson5
Fair enough! I just hope Rees can work some magic with his young qbs. Kelly certainly has disappointed developing them.
Can’t get much worse, with that said, rees play calling will be on high alert.

I think it's because the majority of people don't think Angeli is very good, so right now we have 100% of our eggs in the buchner basket from 2022-2024

IT seems to that it's now normal for QBs to enter "the portal" instead of spending even 1 year as a backup, living in fear of the next shiny new recruit.

So there will be a big basket of 2nd run eggs to sort through. And for sure Kelly/Rees think that they are great molders of quarterbacks.

Book did what?

2,800 yards with a 144 QBR.

What specifically about his game don’t they like? For being a majority there seems to be little information out there supporting this opinion other than the few here saying they don’t like him.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Yeah wish Book could have lead the team to the playoffs! 😁
If you think Ian is a great qb, you must still be on the pipe. Can you name how many great games he's played against top 5 teams? This is not a knock on Ian. He just played up to his talent/ coaching level. He's a kid that's easy to root for

Last edited:
What specifically about his game don’t they like? For being a majority there seems to be little information out there supporting this opinion other than the few here saying they don’t like him.
HIs film isn't great, he didn't look great in the camps, a bit akward, doesn't seem athletic.

AT this point, the better question is what the staff saw to make him a priority?

Reactions: Golson5
HIs film isn't great, he didn't look great in the camps, a bit akward, doesn't seem athletic.

AT this point, the better question is what the staff saw to make him a priority?

I'm just guessing but it's because they are a better judge of talent than you are,

He show plenty of tools in the film? Arm strength, accuracy, size. He is not a finished produc but seems like a terrific prospect to step in 4 years from now and possibly start 2 years.

Getting your first choice at the games premium position should mean something also. Apparently it shows on film and camps he was the best fit for what they were looking for also

If you think Ian is a great qb, you must still be on the pipe. Can you name how many great games he's played against top 5 teams? This is not a knock on Ian. He just played up to his talent/ coaching level. He's a kid that's easy to root for
Playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. Very good QB play and QB development. You aren't very bright.

Here's something the haters on this board will be heartened to learn. Surely one of the ND online fanbase's worst possible BK haters, some dude on the ND Nation website, who swears without providing the slightest evidence that he knows exactly how all this QB recruitment went down.... He says that ND bungled the whole thing, they actually wanted Allar, and they didn't want Angeli, and yet they were so incompetent and bungling, that they completely blew it and apparently slow-played Allar at the worst possible time, and lost him to PSU when they didn't have to.

There's nothing about the way things transpired that would make you think that we wanted anyone other than Angeli, and if anything we may have offered Allar just to get Angeli to pull the trigger, by hedging our bets and putting out a couple more offers so as to apply a little pressure. But not according to this particular BK hater. The guy we really wanted was Allar, but we were so stupid and incompetent and terrible that we didn't even offer him until a week ago. For some unexplained reason we were slow-playing him this whole time, the guy we wanted all along and then we missed him.

So that should embolden some of the haters on this board. Yet another jewel of coaching malfeasance from Brian Kelly!

Here's something the haters on this board will be heartened to learn. Surely one of the ND online fanbase's worst possible BK haters, some dude on the ND Nation website, who swears without providing the slightest evidence that he knows exactly how all this QB recruitment went down.... He says that ND bungled the whole thing, they actually wanted Allar, and they didn't want Angeli, and yet they were so incompetent and bungling, that they completely blew it and apparently slow-played Allar at the worst possible time, and lost him to PSU when they didn't have to.

There's nothing about the way things transpired that would make you think that we wanted anyone other than Angeli, and if anything we may have offered Allar just to get Angeli to pull the trigger, by hedging our bets and putting out a couple more offers so as to apply a little pressure. But not according to this particular BK hater. The guy we really wanted was Allar, but we were so stupid and incompetent and terrible that we didn't even offer him until a week ago. For some unexplained reason we were slow-playing him this whole time, the guy we wanted all along and then we missed him.

So that should embolden some of the haters on this board. Yet another jewel of coaching malfeasance from Brian Kelly!

This ND Nation dude is obviously a psychopath

Buchner will be a good one. But remember, he's played just ONE SEASON of football in the past three years! I'm very happy to have the experienced Coan lead the Irish this year. He might even have a Joe Burrow/Mac Jones kind of senior year!

I'm just guessing but it's because they are a better judge of talent than you are,
Yes Kelly and staff have done an amazing job evaluating and developing qbs

only qbs I’ve been high on under Kelly are golson and wimbush. I was bullish on Wimbush. Not sure if Kelly ruined him or if his passing in HS was that overrated.

Last edited:

I don’t know if all of that is true but there’s a lot of rumblings that Nd botched 22 qb recruiting big time. We literal got the worst qb out of every qb we were interested in. Obviously Kelly and staff are the only ones that know the truth. With that said, it doesn’t take much video watching comparing qbs to see what we missed out on.

I don’t know if all of that is true but there’s a lot of rumblings that Nd botched 22 qb recruiting big time. We literal got the worst qb out of every qb we were interested in. Obviously Kelly and staff are the only ones that know the truth. With that said, it doesn’t take much video watching comparing qbs to see what we missed out on.

The film shows a big strong armed QB with a quick release who plays in a run first, run heavy offense.

Dude, I was mocking the guy on ND Nation, you pitiful, mentally ill hater. I was implying that he was a liar, and was making that slander up out of whole cloth. I wasn't sharing the information so we could all gawk and gasp at what a pathetic loser BK is. And you're actually taking what I said at face value.

What did we ever do to deserve fans like you? I feel like I'm a good fan and I put out good karma, and I was rewarded for my patience with this great last four seasons with hopefully more to come. And you're just this completely toxic fan who's dream in life is to witness BK get burned at the stake or something, you sick weirdo.

Please don't respond to me, I'm asking you nice. I won't address you directly either.

Yes Kelly and staff have done an amazing job evaluating and developing qbs

only qbs I’ve been high on under Kelly are golson and wimbush. I was bullish on Wimbush. Not sure if Kelly ruined him or if his passing in HS was that overrated.

and still I trust them more than someone like you.......you have absolutely no clue what Angeli will accomplish but typical that you rip on a recruit that hasn't even stepped on campus

Every recruit is amazing! It’s why we keep winning national titles. It’s why our qbs are early round draft picks, and our weakness has been defense the last few years, qb play against good teams has been lights out.
Kelly is a qb whisperer! Hopefully Rees can develop qbs to be just like him as a player!

Bama , Clemson , Ohio State , Georgia and Oklahoma-----only schools better than ND in terms of W's since 2016.

That's a job well done IMO in this era of kids who's sole purpose is getting to the League in 3 years.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Every recruit is amazing! It’s why we keep winning national titles. It’s why our qbs are early round draft picks, and our weakness has been defense the last few years, qb play against good teams has been lights out.
Kelly is a qb whisperer! Hopefully Rees can develop qbs to be just like him as a player!
Playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years.

Ouch!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT