ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Angeli

NO ONE should just be given the job. Its about competing and earning it. I don't give a rats ass how highly regarded Riley is. If he gets outplayed, he should be on the bench period.

Reactions: tkirish and NDinNJ
I am going to speculate on one thing....durability. Leonard is the more complete quarterback. But I was impressed with Angeli's durability. He's got some toughness. Leonard is big and a gamer...but, I am concerned about his ability to avoid the injuries by over-exposing his body. There's a time to tuck and roll or duck and roll for that matter. Dual threat quarterbacks carry that extra exposure to some extent. I think Leonard starts...but won't be surprised if Angeli takes over after Leoanrd gets banged up.

I am going to speculate on one thing....durability. Leonard is the more complete quarterback. But I was impressed with Angeli's durability. He's got some toughness. Leonard is big and a gamer...but, I am concerned about his ability to avoid the injuries by over-exposing his body. There's a time to tuck and roll or duck and roll for that matter. Dual threat quarterbacks carry that extra exposure to some extent. I think Leonard starts...but won't be surprised if Angeli takes over after Leoanrd gets banged up.
How do you know he's durable after playing 1 game? How do you know Leonard it's not after 1 injury?

No, you would rather just give Riley the job. Why? Well because according to you he has more upside,LMFAO
I never said to give him the job. I said he will win it because he's a better QB and he's definitely going to start game 1.

Angeli had a very nice game and I hope he sticks around. I was so happy for him yesterday and he is definitely a very well liked teammate. However, he is definitely not more talented than Leonard. I think he is a Drew Pyne/Tommy Rees type QB. Solid backup material, but not a game changer by any means

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
NO ONE should just be given the job. Its about competing and earning it. I don't give a rats ass how highly regarded Riley is. If he gets outplayed, he should be on the bench period.
I agree w you in principle, but in this day and age of college football, it just doesn’t work that way.

Angeli had a very nice game and I hope he sticks around. I was so happy for him yesterday and he is definitely a very well liked teammate. However, he is definitely not more talented than Leonard. I think he is a Drew Pyne/Tommy Rees type QB. Solid backup material, but not a game changer by any means
He's more talented than both of those

Well this is the nature of how things are. Most of these kids are highly recruited. Only one QB can start. All these players want to start. So if they don’t, many transfer. I get it. However, wherever they choose to go , there will be competition. The grass isn’t always greener as the saying goes. Hopefully Angeli stays.
True, though he wouldn’t have to fight off the likes of Leonard, Minchey, and eventually Carr to start some place else.
It would be one thing if Leonard were a freshman with no experience and no results, but it’s another thing to categorically “outplay” someone like Leonard who has both talent and plenty of game experience and results. Angeli’s case would be based on one impressive game, a few spot appearances, and then some practices. I’m not sure if that’s even possible.

Another thing to think about is future transfers like Leonard; Leonard, sought after by everybody and in the position to choose where he goes, is coming here to start and everyone knows that. If we start AngelI, it will set a precedent for others thinking about transferring to play QB, i.e., it’s not a guarantee but an open competition. There’s no way MF or ND risks that.

Last edited:
True, though he wouldn’t have to fight off the likes of Leonard, Minchey, and eventually Carr to start some place else.

It would be one thing if Leonard were a freshman with no experience and no results, but it’s another thing to categorically “outplay” someone like Leonard who has both talent and plenty of game experience and results. Angeli’s case would be based on one impressive game, a few spot appearances, and then some practices. I’m not sure if that’s even possible.

Another thing to think about is future transfers like Leonard; Leonard, sought after by everybody and in the position to choose where he goes, is coming here to start and everyone knows that. If we start AngelI, it will set a precedent for others thinking about transferring to play QB, i.e., it’s not a guarantee but an open competition. There’s no way MF or ND risks that.
So if Angeli, Minchey, or Carr have better springs and better fall practices going into the season it should be given to Riley anyways because he was one of the top transfers? What if Riley plays like shit the first couple games, keep playing him anyways? What does that tell players who have worked their ass off and maybe outplayed him in practice? Thats not going to keep players on the team, whats the point?

Reactions: NDinNJ
So if Angeli, Minchey, or Carr have better springs and better fall practices going into the season it should be given to Riley anyways because he was one of the top transfers? What if Riley plays like shit the first couple games, keep playing him anyways? What does that tell players who have worked their ass off and maybe outplayed him in practice? Thats not going to keep players on the team, whats the point?
Just completely unrealistic points

He's more athletic, has a stronger arm, is more accurate, and can read defenses better than Rees and Pyne combined. you know nothing.

This is a dumb perspective because you could say the opposite. Let's think about future elite QB recruits. If ND simply hands a transfer QB the starting job without a real competition or if a player was recruited, and outperforms the highly regarded transfer and the transfer is still given the starting job, why would future elite QB recruits want to come to ND knowing ND will bring in a transfer and guarantee the transfer the starting job.

I think what people are trying to say is that based on what they perceive as a talent differential, Riley Leonard will be the starter. But if he sucks throughout spring practice and pre-season, he won't be. It's as simple as that. It's just that most people think that scenario is highly unlikely.

Reactions: sjb75
I think what people are trying to say is that based on what they perceive as a talent differential, Riley Leonard will be the starter. But if he sucks throughout spring practice and pre-season, he won't be. It's as simple as that. It's just that most people think that scenario is highly unlikely.
True.

He's more athletic, has a stronger arm, is more accurate, and can read defenses better than Rees and Pyne combined. you know nothing.

Ok Maddog. He’s not a game changer no matter what you think, but ok. 😂

Maybe not, but he's a winner. 1-0 😂
And you think Riley Leonard is going to win ND a NC? 😂 You are one of the individuals in this forum that will call for a player to be benched or a coach to be replaced when a single play fails. You are a simpleton, the village idiot. 😂

More likely than Angeli. He definitely has more upside
You said that about Minchey and yet, Angeli is still ahead of him on the depth chart. lol 😂 Again you are a simpleton, the village idiot. 🤣

You said that about Minchey and yet, Angeli is still ahead of him on the depth chart. lol 😂 Again you are a simpleton, the village idiot. 🤣

What have I said about Minchey again? I don’t recall ever speaking of him at all. Maybe the village idiot is you? I mean , you must have me confused with someone else. Of course, only the REAL village idiot would speak so ABSOLUTELY about something they’re incorrect about. Wear your crown idiot

And you think Riley Leonard is going to win ND a NC? 😂 You are one of the individuals in this forum that will call for a player to be benched or a coach to be replaced when a single play fails. You are a simpleton, the village idiot. 😂
Absolutely could

Will he, who knows. It will be difficult

But if you want to win a NC in 24, he gives us the best chance by far

Absolutely could

Will he, who knows. It will be difficult

But if you want to win a NC in 24, he gives us the best chance by far
Winning a national title is an unfair expectation for Marcus Freeman. The more teams, the tougher it is to win 3-4 games and win a title.

Qualify and win a game are a successful season.

Winning a national title is an unfair expectation for Marcus Freeman. The more teams, the tougher it is to win 3-4 games and win a title.

Qualify and win a game are a successful season.
I never said it was the expectation

Um, Village Idiot…

You quoted yourself and then called yourself a dumbass. 😂 Brilliant!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT