ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Angeli

IrishMike409

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 27, 2011
OK…..someone had to start this thread.

Outstanding performance. He was poised, confident, accurate, tough, he got the ball out quick, he let playmakers make plays, he took care of the ball, he wasn’t afraid to let it rip.

He looks awesome. Great performance. There is certainly a chance that he hits the portal after this game.

I think if the coaches are honest with him, and they make it a real competition next year. I believe he stays. If they are honest with him and let him know Leonard will be the starter, he's gone.

Reactions: d1042 and Chitown11
I think if the coaches are honest with him, and they make it a real competition next year. I believe he stays. If they are honest with him and let him know Leonard will be the starter, he's gone.
I think they will tell him he'll have a chance to compete but he knows and they know Riley is starting.

I hope he stays and competes for the backup spot

Leonard is starting. Everyone knows that. Angeli I'm guessing stays for his degree and then transfers and starts for 2 years for another program. Rutgers could be a good fit for him.

Reactions: ndhuntington
They should, Riley is starting and is coming off injury. Angeli will see game action.

I think Minchey could transfer post-spring if Carr is ahead on the depth chart.

I don't know. Minchey could surpass Angeli. What's great is ND is in a great position with its QB room if they can keep them all for next season.

QB room looks great. Let them battle it out in practice. Great dilemma to have!!!!

Angeli sucks, 4 incomplete passes and sacked a couple of times today. 😜
Who said Angeli sucked? Hell, I thought he looked good.

That said, I do not blame Marcus Freeman one bit for bringing in a seasoned multiple start senior to be like a Riley Leonard. Winning at TAM in game 1 is obviously a huge priority for MF.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Great performance. Would love to have him as a backup to the injury prone Riley! But he's ready to start. NIL with a bunch of PBJ commercials! Whatever he choses to do, good luck to him. He's already better than Pyne and Buchner.
This is it.

There is a high likelihood that Leonard ends up banged up at some point. Having Angeli gives us an air tight insurance policy that still positions us to earn a spot in the Top-12 if Leonard goes down early.

This is it.

There is a high likelihood that Leonard ends up banged up at some point. Having Angeli gives us an air tight insurance policy that still positions us to earn a spot in the Top-12 if Leonard goes down early.
A very high likelihood if Baker is our starting right tackle!

I heard he wants to get his ND degree. He would be amazing to have as a backup. Minchey is the one I’d think will transfer. He will basically be 4th string next season

A very high likelihood if Baker is our starting right tackle!
You weren't impressed with Baker. There were some problems but overall... he seemed to do some good things vs. a good d line. But, I will defer to you, as I didn't really watch him.

I believe he gets a chance to compete for starting QB, and it would not surprise me if Angel started the first game of the season.
He is really close to getting his degree after that he still has two years of eligibility. He might hit the transfer portal. I believe CJ is the future of ND football, but not his first year.
I am so glad ND has options at QB for the first time in over a decade.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I believe he gets a chance to compete for starting QB, and it would not surprise me if Angel started the first game of the season.
He is really close to getting his degree after that he still has two years of eligibility. He might hit the transfer portal. I believe CJ is the future of ND football, but not his first year.
He may start the first game of a cfb this season but it won't be for Notre Dame

• Sad
Reactions: NDinNJ
Assuming full health, Riley Leonard is the starter at TAM.

He may start the first game of a cfb this season but it won't be for Notre Dame
Agree. Leonard is starting in 24, barring injury. It’s really not even in question.

Angeli is awesome. The kind of guy you trust and want in the program. If he has to start games next season…..I’m great with it. I hope he stays, gets his ND Degree, then says “25 is mine. I’m battling for the job, and I’m gonna take it”.

Agree. Leonard is starting in 24, barring injury. It’s really not even in question.

Angeli is awesome. The kind of guy you trust and want in the program. If he has to start games next season…..I’m great with it. I hope he stays, gets his ND Degree, then says “25 is mine. I’m battling for the job, and I’m gonna take it”.
Agree with everything there

Based on what we saw today, imagine Steve Angeli 20 months from now as the Notre Dame starting QB, if he is willing to wait.

Well this is the nature of how things are. Most of these kids are highly recruited. Only one QB can start. All these players want to start. So if they don’t, many transfer. I get it. However, wherever they choose to go , there will be competition. The grass isn’t always greener as the saying goes. Hopefully Angeli stays.

Reactions: notredamerises23
You think we go with Wagner?

I can’t believe that Jagusah is 6’7, 330! As a freshman. That’s a massive dude!
Jagusah is huge, and he moves really well for his size. Pretty impressive for his first start as a true freshman. Baker is noticeably bigger, and I was pleasantly surprised that he moved so well on running plays. His pass blocking has always been a weakness, and I think it continues to be a major weakness in his game. But he beat out Wagner for the start in today’s game, and we can only hope that Wagner adds some good weight and muscle over the next few months and excels in Spring; or that Lambert proves he is ready as a true freshman. I think we know Baker’s ceiling, and I think he’ll be a weak link in pass protection. Happy to be proven wrong!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT