ADVERTISEMENT

I was impressed with Angeli....

If you believe Notre Dame will win at TAM starting Steve Angeli, Kenny Minchey, or CJ Carr at QB, great. I have seen nothing from any of those three to agree with you.
You haven't seen anything from them so you have no clue what they can do

Reactions: Bob Rodes
I’m old enough to remember ND seasons that had QB’s you never heard of before magically starting. Kevin McDougle. Steve Buerline. Joe Montana, Tony Rice. Ian Book.

All these guys were backups but in the system a few years. Al Golden was a bum last year on the board and a year later a genius.

Parker is the y1 bum, maybe his plays and his development with a QB that has size, an arm and makes him look great Y2.

Your line is back (maybe) and your RB and WR room will be stocked. Your defense is back. All Steve has to do is not turn it over.

If CJ is as advertised, maybe he starts as a frosh like Maye at UNC. It Angeli struggles KM was a 4 star now y2 with full backup reps.

I think they take someone because you want 4. If some crazy good QB is out there and we can score him, u do it but just like the Jets you gotta have good backups ready.

OK, what have you seen? Why are you confident one of those three can start and win that game?
Talent. They are talented players. And We have a very talented team

Why wouldn't I think they could? App state went in there and won, why couldn't one of our 4 or 5 star QBs go in there with our roster and win that game?

If you believe Notre Dame will win at TAM starting Steve Angeli, Kenny Minchey, or CJ Carr at QB, great. I have seen nothing from any of those three to agree with you.
What have you seen of Minchey or Carr? I like how Angeli is progressing.
A&M may dump Dumbo at the end of this year. They aren't close to a top level program.

A&M may dump Dumbo at the end of this year. They aren't close to a top level program.
What have I seen from Steve Angeli or Kenny Minchey that makes me confident Notre Dame should not enter the portal for a grad transfer QB in 2024? Not a whole lot.

Talent. They are talented players. And We have a very talented team

Why wouldn't I think they could? App state went in there and won, why couldn't one of our 4 or 5 star QBs go in there with our roster and win that game?
And TAM traveled to Alabama that same season and won. So what.

Yea. I was unclear. I mean ND was second string. Pitt was 1st. I was impressed with him moving the ball with our 2nd team O primarily
I thought Tosh Baker and the second unit did fairly well in blocking. They moved the ball actually better than the 1st unit for the most part. I think Angeli missed one pass maybe.Great to see Faison and Flanigan pull in those passes too. Plus Braylon James. Usually kids that are on sidelines have a lot of nerves and pent up energy but these kids did a great job with execution and composure.

Reactions: ftnfan62
Lot of people say too much dineros to rid themselves of the underachiever Jimbo. They had money to sign him. They got money to get rid of him. They tried to buy so many players in one class and it costs them.

Just another mediocre qb that we always have plenty of. Including hartman
cry baby GIF
Fight Sobbing GIF by FoilArmsandHog
cry baby GIF
baby crying GIF
baby crying GIF
Sad Baby GIF
in the club crying baby GIF by BBC First Australia
Excuse Me No GIF by Osvezilna fronta

OK, what have you seen? Why are you confident one of those three can start and win that game?
It's more like this. If we bring in another QB in the off-season, then the coaches aren't confident that one of those three can start and win that game. If we do not, then the coaches believe we can win with what we have.

What have I seen from Steve Angeli or Kenny Minchey that makes me confident Notre Dame should not enter the portal for a grad transfer QB in 2024? Not a whole lot.
You haven't a clue about those two QB's and their development. Nor has any other person from this board unless you have been attending practices.

I said the same, rolling left he throws across his body and delivers it perfectly. That was a really nice play by him.

He played in mop up but I like they let him make some throws instead of just handing the damn thing off repeatedly. Those reps can do wonders for a guy’s confidence IMO.
Any QB who can ROLL OUT and THROW ACCURATELY on the run, ALWAYS elicits my interest.

I call it the JOE THEISMANN test.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT