ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Angeli going forward

Your argument literally holds no water at all. A ND guy named Montana didn't have rocket arm, didn't run like crazy, was 5th on NDs depth chart, but I seem to recall he did pretty well. Nobody is claiming Angeli is a first round pick, bit all your talk about "ceilings and floors" is stuff you read; you basically have no idea about any of the QBs. Calling Carr a 2nd round pick before he even plays is snap is flat out ridiculous.
I mean, the recruiting services are the ones that predict him as a second round talent. Not me. Doesn’t mean he will be without an extremely high work ethic.

Last edited:
Neither had rocket arms or extreme athleticism.
You’re talking about two of the most accurate, competitive and intelligent players to ever breathe air. They’re also large people, much larger than even many NFL starting QBs. The statistical odds of being Tom or Peyton are infinitely small, even for a 5 star AA and top NFL pick QB like Trevor Lawrence. To make such a comparison is beyond insane.

Comparing to Montana is also crazy. Take 10,000 college QBs and maybe 1 will be Joe Montana. The odds are so unlikely it’s like arguing with a mega millions addict.

But, to quote the great Lloyd Christmas, “so you’re telling me there’s a chance?” “Yeah!!”

Last edited:
Brady had a strong arm, and he threw an excellent deep ball.

As far as Angeli, he’ll get his chance to compete for the job next year, along with others.

Reactions: Kelso86 and Golson5
Angeli is a better sub. He's cool but not savvy as a starter would be.I'm a fan but understand reality and he hasn't got the moxy.

Angeli is a better sub. He's cool but not savvy as a starter would be.I'm a fan but understand reality and he hasn't got the moxy.
And you know this how? Oh oh I get it, you're at practice everyday so you see what he's got, and of course you know the offense cold. Your post just might be one of the dumbest posts I've read; and trust me with this know nothing board (like most posters on most boards) that's a pretty high bar

Last edited:
You wanted 3rd stringer Buchner to be the ND QB.
Nobody with a double digit IQ would say Brady had a big arm.
"Nobody with a double digit IQ would say Brady had a big arm."

NO -- apparently, you have a single digit IQ -- but having seen him on BOTH HS and NCAA fields -- I would be on record as saying Brady had a big arm.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Angeli is a better sub. He's cool but not savvy as a starter would be. I'm a fan but understand reality and he hasn't got the moxy.
"He's cool but not savvy as a starter would be"

Based on what? His small sample size in games where the outcome has been decided? What gives you the impression he has no moxy?

"Nobody with a double digit IQ would say Brady had a big arm."

NO -- apparently, you have a single digit IQ -- but having seen him on BOTH HS and NCAA fields -- I would be on record as saying Brady had a big arm.
Nope.

“John Stockton comes to mind as well as a great talent, not athletically gifted.”

Isaiah Thomas said stockton was the quickest guard he ever played against. As for Montana, he could bounce a basketball catch it and dunk it backwards. Had a full ride to nc state coming off a natl title. Joe was a great athlete.

John Huarte was a third string quarterback until Ara came along and then he went on to win the Heisman before he got his varsity letter. Burrow was also a back bencher until he did the same. Opinions about ND quarterbacks right now are just that.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT