ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Angeli going forward

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
I have seen more than one post practically putting him in the portal already. It’s seems everyone has Minchey, Carr or mystery QB in the starting lineup for 24. But Angeli has played well when given the opportunity (I know it’s garbage time) TD: 4 INT 0, 19-24 for 272 YDS AND 79.2 CMP%.

If Minchey was better he’d be at the two spot. I don’t want to hear the “redshirt” BS, no one plays 5 years at the same college anymore, plus you can play 4 games without burning eligibility.

He’ll get his shot in the bowl game.

Reactions: NDinNJ and 4-4-3
I have seen more than one post practically putting him in the portal already. It’s seems everyone has Minchey, Carr or mystery QB in the starting lineup for 24. But Angeli has played well when given the opportunity (I know it’s garbage time) TD: 4 INT 0, 19-24 for 272 YDS AND 79.2 CMP%.

If Minchey was better he’d be at the two spot. I don’t want to hear the “redshirt” BS, no one plays 5 years at the same college anymore, plus you can play 4 games without burning eligibility.

I think Angeli is both TALENTED and UNDERRATED.

And I'm not the only one who thinks so. I wrote the following on the pay board and got ELEVEN LIKES:

The denigration the kid receives is UNDESERVED. This isn't Andrew Hendrix throwing TURF BALLS.

Angeli makes quick decisions and has a quick release, and he plays with confidence. Look at his high school film. He's a GAMER.

I think he has a LEGIT CHANCE to be the starter next year.

Reactions:
tvolz8, guardy20, BGI3279 and 8 others

I think Hartman will play in the bowl game. Freeman is trying to salvage wins now when he should’ve been doing that during the UL week. Plus Hartman has a small NFL chance and he wants more instagram followers and dollar shave ads so he’ll play.

You mean so Minchey sucks now? I got nothing against Angeli, but if there's no transfer I'm picking Minchey to win the job....

I think we need to roll with Steve Angeli and see what he has. He deserves a shot to start. If he’s not good then move on. Can’t bring a grad transfer every year.

I think Angeli is both TALENTED and UNDERRATED.

And I'm not the only one who thinks so. I wrote the following on the pay board and got ELEVEN LIKES:

The denigration the kid receives is UNDESERVED. This isn't Andrew Hendrix throwing TURF BALLS.

Angeli makes quick decisions and has a quick release, and he plays with confidence. Look at his high school film. He's a GAMER.

I think he has a LEGIT CHANCE to be the starter next year.

Reactions:
tvolz8, guardy20, BGI3279 and 8 others
Take us to playoffs.? . You are such a hypocrite. You talk about we can’t get elite players because we won’t compromise academics and then you promote a non elite qb as our answer. get in your lane and stay there

They will battle for the job and may the best man win

Reactions: bizzybecknd

IMO Sam Hartman will play every meaningful snap in the bowl game.

I think we need to roll with Steve Angeli and see what he has. He deserves a shot to start. If he’s not good then move on. Can’t bring a grad transfer every year.
I think Angelli has looked good throwing 24 passes in garbage time but No reason to crown a starter now or think someone ‘deserves’ it. We’re talking 9 months from now..

I'm sorry Steve might be a great kid but he is a backup at best. Kenny is not ready but if I had to start one it would be Kenny he has huge upside. But it won't matter were adding a transfer qb.

I'm sorry Steve might be a great kid but he is a backup at best. Kenny is not ready but if I had to start one it would be Kenny he has huge upside. But it won't matter were adding a transfer qb.
Based on what?

Take us to playoffs.? . You are such a hypocrite. You talk about we can’t get elite players because we won’t compromise academics and then you promote a non elite qb as our answer. get in your lane and stay there
I said NOTHING about Angeli taking ND to the playoffs. By the way, HAS HARTMAN DONE THAT?

All I said is that Angeli COULD WIN THE JOB.

COULD.

As for his talent level, NO ONE KNOWS IF HE'S ELITE OR NOT. Too small a sample size. But then, was Book? Don't think so. But he got ND to the playoffs. ND is a 10-3 program and Angeli MAY BE good enough to reach that bar. Even Pyne got to 9-4.

What QB on ND's roster are YOU promoting? You have a CAN'T-FAIL ELITE CANDIDATE ON THE ROSTER OR ONE COMING IN who will take ND to the playoffs?

Second, NONE OF THIS has to do with ND failing to get ENOUGH ELITE PLAYERS. THAT'S A GIVEN.

AND I STAND BY IT.

RIGHT IN MY LANE.

Freeman has averaged number 9-ranked classes his first two years, the SAME AS KELLY'S LAST CLASS.

SO FAR, IT'S STATUS QUO.

I don’t see Hartman playing in the bowl game AT ALL. He’s already a borderline draft prospect, an injury and he’s a guaranted UDFA.

I don’t see a transfer QB like the guy at Tulane being an upgrade. I’d roll the dice with an elite prospect who is logged jammed at a top program (Vandergriff and Stockton at Georgia or Arch from Texas) that’s it!

I don’t see Hartman playing in the bowl game AT ALL. He’s already a borderline draft prospect, an injury and he’s a guaranted UDFA.

I don’t see a transfer QB like the guy at Tulane being an upgrade. I’d roll the dice with an elite prospect who is logged jammed at a top program (Vandergriff and Stockton at Georgia or Arch from Texas) that’s it!
I see Hartman playing a lot in the bowl game, especially if it is against LSU. He loves playing for ND, this is likely to be his last real game and the players are behind him.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Start angelli against Stanford. Pull him if it’s not working and insert Hartman. Jmo.
That isn’t going to happen—Hartman will start and will sit when the game is out of reach. If we can get some explosive plays and/or score on defense, we could get a big enough lead in the third and see Angelli get to throw at the end of third/beginning of the fourth.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
Start angelli against Stanford. Pull him if it’s not working and insert Hartman. Jmo.
That isn’t going to happen—Hartman will start and will sit when the game is out of reach. If we can get some explosive plays and/or score on defense, we could get a big enough lead in the third and see Angelli get to throw at the end of third/beginning of the fourth.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
I believe he'll have an opportunity to start. If he does real well in the spring game,it might be his to lose. I'm impressed with his poise. Some on her have said well he plays mop up agaimst 2nd and third stringers. I've seen him out there against a majority of opponent's starting unit and he did just as well. He has an intellect and a great roll out pass to avoid sacks. He reminds me of Book but a better throwing arm. I LIKE HIM. He's not going portal with a starting chance at ND.

Reactions: 4-4-3 and jerbach
You mean so Minchey sucks now? I got nothing against Angeli, but if there's no transfer I'm picking Minchey to win the job....
Minchey has the arm but does he have Angeli's calm and collect persona on the field to go through series of plays. ANGELI even readjusted a call out there when he saw a guy open. Too many qbs don't see the whole field but focus on 1 receiver on some plays. It tells me ANGELLI will notice defensive schemes and improvise if he has to.

Reactions: 4-4-3 and Kelso86
Minchey has the arm but does he have Angeli's calm and collect persona on the field to go through series of plays. ANGELI even readjusted a call out there when he saw a guy open. Too many qbs don't see the whole field but focus on 1 receiver on some plays. It tells me ANGELLI will notice defensive schemes and improvise if he has to.
Alright, then I guess Angeli will win the job. I got nothing against the guy at all, I just particularly like Minchey.

While it has been a small sample size, I agree with others here that Angeli has looked good in the little bit he has played this season. He has mostly handed off the ball, but when he has thrown the ball he has looked decisive with his reads and made good throws. I attended the WF game and the TD pass he threw to Faison in the corner of the end zone was a beautfully thrown ball. I am not certain he is talented enough to be the starting QB next year, but his play this year has demonstrated he is certainly deserving of serious consideration. I would like to see him get some extended play in the Stanford game, but not sure that will happen. Sounds like MF has decided he is going to look in the portal for a QB, but I'm not sure there is anyone out there who is a clear upgrade over the QBs we will already have on the roster. I suppose we need to trust the coaching staff on that decision.

Reactions: 4-4-3 and Kelso86
I’m with you 23. Hartman is going to play and they’ll let angelli play 1 series at the end.

And no one will really know what we got when we travel to college station next September.

Reactions: notredamerises23
If you would, elaborate on Minchey. What makes you so high on his upside? TIA.
Have u watched the film the kid is a gun slinger. Steve reminds me of Tommy Reese nothing special decent backup. I think Carr and Minchey are special so going forward were set with qb plus Knight for 25.

He's much more talented than Tommy
Tommy Rees threw for 4,000 yards combined his freshman and sophomore seasons.

All we have seen from Steve Angeli during his first two seasons is mop up duty.

Tommy Rees threw for 4,000 yards combined his freshman and sophomore seasons.

All we have seen from Steve Angeli during his first two seasons is mop up duty.
That's great stuff.

Steve is much more talented than Tommy was

That's great stuff.

Steve is much more talented than Tommy was
How would you know?

He's never played one meaningful snap. I watched, in person, Tommy Rees start at QB and beat USC on the road as a true freshman.

How would you know?

He's never played one meaningful snap. I watched, in person, Tommy Rees start at QB and beat USC on the road as a true freshman.
It has nothing to do with who will have the better career or whose stats is better. Or who beat who. Or any of that

I said he was more talented. That's it. Talent is easy to see

Duece Knight is a junior in HS and its obvious and easy to see he is already more talented. Taller, faster, stronger arm, more athletic

God bless Tommy. He got more out of his talent than most. By my God he was one of the least talented QBs at Notre Dame in the last 20 years. Weak arm, no athleticism at all. Average height and weight and below average strength.

It has nothing to do with who will have the better career or whose stats is better. Or who beat who. Or any of that

I said he was more talented. That's it. Talent is easy to see

Duece Knight is a junior in HS and its obvious and easy to see he is already more talented. Taller, faster, stronger arm, more athletic

God bless Tommy. He got more out of his talent than most. By my God he was one of the least talented QBs at Notre Dame in the last 20 years. Weak arm, no athleticism at all. Average height and weight and below average strength.
If Steve Angeli's talent is, in your words..,"...easy to see...", why hasn't he played one meaningful snap in 2 years, and why is Marcus Freeman saying he will recruit the grad transfer portal QB market for 2024?

If Steve Angeli's talent is, in your words..,"...easy to see...", why hasn't he played one meaningful snap in 2 years, and why is Marcus Freeman saying he will recruit the grad transfer portal QB market for 2024?
I didn't say Steve's talent was easy to see. I said talent was. Come on man you have to read.

And Steve is more talented than Tommy. What does that have to do with why he didn't play over Hartman? I'm comparing Steve and Tommy. How he compares to the guys now is irrelevant to what I said

You misunderstood and got yourself all out of whack

I still have no issue with taking a transfer so long as he comes to compete without any promises (ala Buchner and Pyne who lost their jobs as transfers). I do have an issue though if Angeli or Minchey transfer because of it. We don’t know what we have on our own roster and Angeli has looked good when he’s been in the game. If you make promises to some mediocre QB that blows 3 games and Minchey could’ve won 11, it’s a bad decision. If you can’t develop your own guys you’re a shitty coach. If Angeli or Minchey isn’t ready, you have to look inward for the problem.

I didn't say Steve's talent was easy to see. I said talent was. Come on man you have to read.

And Steve is more talented than Tommy. What does that have to do with why he didn't play over Hartman? I'm comparing Steve and Tommy. How he compares to the guys now is irrelevant to what I said

You misunderstood and got yourself all out of whack
Well, you have referred to Sam Hartman as a "lemon..," and frankly, if Steve Angeli is as talented as you say he is, I am simply curious why he hasn't played, and why MF is now saying he will recruit a grad transfer portal QB for 2024.

Well, you have referred to Sam Hartman as a "lemon..," and frankly, if Steve Angeli is as talented as you say he is, I am simply curious why he hasn't played, and why MF is now saying he will recruit a grad transfer portal QB for 2024.
I didn't say he was talented or not. Again you cannot read.

I said he's more talented than Tommy was

Damn you are struggling here

Yeah. I don't see Angeli as more talented than Tommy. Tommy had intangibles that were beyond his physical skills. Angeli has better physical gifts.

BUT

The fact is neither Tommy Rees or Steve Angeli move the needle at the qb position beyond what it was during the Brian Kelly days.

I'd much rather ride or die with a freshman or sophomore with high upside

Yeah. I don't see Angeli as more talented than Tommy. Tommy had intangibles that were beyond his physical skills. Angeli has better physical gifts.

BUT

The fact is neither Tommy Rees or Steve Angeli move the needle at the qb position beyond what it was during the Brian Kelly days.

I'd much rather ride or die with a freshman or sophomore with high upside
Your opinion is not fact.

Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT