ADVERTISEMENT

Life of a once great brand: 2nd rate talent and 2nd rate coaching staff

Nice try at trying to shift the subject away from your arrogance and stupidity.

The issue isn’t about “infallibility” it‘s about you posturing that you know more than Saban, that you claim to be a better evaluator of coaching talent than Saban.

You’re a joke and an enormous embarrassment, you’re just too arrogant and too stupid to realize the insanity of your position and posturing !
I didn't say I know more than Saban. I said that Rees was average here at Notre Dame. Nothing Saban or anyone else can say to make that not true

They didn't play for the NC in 18 or 20

Try again
Try to understand what the context of the word “seasons” means !

I know that it’s a little above your comprehension level so ask someone who’s intelligent to help you out.

To help you out, which is against my better judgement, they played in the semi-final games of the National Championship Playoffs for the 2018 and 2020 seasons. Repeat, National Championship Playoffs.

Question for you: Are you just naturally stupid or do you have to work at being stupid ?

It’s a legitimate question !

Last edited:
I didn't say I know more than Saban. I said that Rees was average here at Notre Dame. Nothing Saban or anyone else can say to make that not true
Saban’s hiring of Rees proves that It’s inherently untrue.

You’re intellectually dishonest, you’re very disingenuous because you only elevated Rees to “average” status after Saban hired him. Previous to Saban’s hiring of Rees you claimed that he was a terrible OC, “very predictable“ amongst other criticisms.

What did Rees do that caused you to elevate him from “terrible” to “average” ?

Answer: Nothing !

Fact: When Saban hired Rees it made you look like a fool !

Fact: When Saban hired Rees it made your assessment of Rees as an OC look about as ignorant, uninformed and clueless as you can get !

You’re intellectually dishonest, you’re very disingenuous because you only elevated Rees to “average” status after Saban hired him. Previous to Saban’s hiring of Rees you claimed that he was a terrible OC, “very predictable“ amongst other criticisms.

Fact: When Saban hired Rees it made your assessment of Rees as an OC look about as ignorant, uninformed and clueless as you can get !
Saban's hiring of Rees will lead to the demise of the Saban dynasty, finally.

Reactions: tbone3114
Saban's hiring of Rees will lead to the demise of the Saban dynasty, finally.
That is a stance held by the Catholic Church (MAN) please show me in scripture where it says she was sinless, you won't find it.. sorry the church is wrong. I would encourage you not to trust in man but seek God and His word for yourself! ... I personally enjoy all of your posts... less any swearing, as you are insightful and truthful in a lot that you say!

Reactions: Golson5
Try to understand what the context of the word “seasons” means !

I know that it’s a little above your comprehension level so ask someone who’s intelligent to help you out.

To help you out, which is against my better judgement, they played in the semi-final games of the National Championship Playoffs for the 2018 and 2020 seasons. Repeat, National Championship Playoffs.

Question for you: Are you just naturally stupid or do you have to work at being stupid ?

It’s a legitimate question !
So they didn't play for the NC in the 18 or 20 seasons

I know that. Know you understand. Good

I never said Rees was average. The words I've used and you can look it up is average, above average, okay and meh.

And that's what he was at Notre Dame.

Saban hiring him doesn't change that at all. Not one bit

Your point makes zero sense. Keep trying

Come on man is right! Since when do you have to have elite talent everywhere to be a really good offense. So you think all the teams that scored more points than us had better talent?? Nah

When you have the talent we have had, should have been better

When was the last time any OC had a bad season at Alabama? They score a ton of points every year.

Tommy was an average to above average OC here maybe at best.
ND has had average D1 talent at WR for quite some time.

And yes, you have to have elite WRs/talent to win a championship.

“When you have the talent we have had, should have been better”. Did you honestly say this???

ND made the playoffs

January 14, 2020, Rees was officially promoted to offensive coordinator, replacing Chip Long.[23] In his first season as offensive coordinator, the Irish finished the 2020 campaign 10–2 with a loss to eventual national champion Alabama in the College Football Playoff semifinal. Wiki

That’s a good team my friend that was well coached all around.

ND has had average D1 talent at WR for quite some time.

And yes, you have to have elite WRs/talent to win a championship.

“When you have the talent we have had, should have been better”. Did you honestly say this???

ND made the playoffs

January 14, 2020, Rees was officially promoted to offensive coordinator, replacing Chip Long.[23] In his first season as offensive coordinator, the Irish finished the 2020 campaign 10–2 with a loss to eventual national champion Alabama in the College Football Playoff semifinal. Wiki

That’s a good team my friend that was well coached all around.
Who said anything about a Championship? We're taking about offense and offensive coordinator.

Elite talent at OL, elite talent at TE, abover average at RB and QB, average at WR

With that talent, ABSOLUTELY should have been better than what we have the last 3 years.

Who said we werent a good team? Who said we weren't well coached as ateam?

Changing the argument and the goal post big time here boss. Yikes

So they didn't play for the NC in the 18 or 20 seasons

I know that. Know you understand. Good
It’s hard to believe that someone could be so incredibly stupid, but you’re living proof that such stupidity is residing, alive and thriving, within you.

Each season’s National Championship Playoff games are played in the following calendar year.

I thought that everyone with a brain knew that, evidently, you don‘t have a brain !

I should have known that based upon your previous posts !

Who said anything about a Championship? We're taking about offense and offensive coordinator.

Elite talent at OL, elite talent at TE, abover average at RB and QB, average at WR

With that talent, ABSOLUTELY should have been better than what we have the last 3 years.

I believe we both agree that this past season failures on offense was not the result of a bad OC. It was the result of a bad QB with only one real weapon in the passing game.

How much better do you believe ND should have been?

ND made a four team playoff. There are what, 120 DI schools eligible for the playoffs? A Tommy lead offense made the cut.

What amazing to me is you would not hire Tommy as an OC but one of the greatest coaches in 40 years wants him.

I am going with the latter.

It’s hard to believe that someone could be so incredibly stupid, but you’re living proof that such stupidity is residing, alive and thriving, within you.

Each season’s National Championship Playoff games are played in the following calendar year.

I thought that everyone with a brain knew that, evidently, you don‘t have a brain !

I should have known that based upon your previous posts !
We've played for 1 NC in the last 25 plus years. That was the 2012 season. Not the ones you are trying to claim

Reactions: Ndapolis1
I believe we both agree that this past season failures on offense was not the result of a bad OC. It was the result of a bad QB with only one real weapon in the passing game.

How much better do you believe ND should have been?

ND made a four team playoff. There are what, 120 DI schools eligible for the playoffs? A Tommy lead offense made the cut.
Our team made the Playoffs. Again we're talking about offense. We also made the NC in 2012, our offense was average. That point isn't great by you

The offense was a little better under Chip than it was Rees. He was okay. Not great, not bad. Could have been better

This last season was due to QB play and due to Rees in a couple games. But, who recruited that said QB? Who is in charge of QB development for the last 6 seasons?

Rees is okay. I don't hate him. But he's not Lincoln Riley either. He's good. I think he'll be better in the league than college

FACT: Saban is currently the best coach in college football,
Saban may be the greatest coach in college football.

Question # 1 What OC wouldn’t want the opportunity to coach under Saban ?

Question # 2. With that enormous pool of available OC’s, wouldn’t Saban seek the best OC ?

Question # 3. Would Saban hire a poor, average or exceptional OC if he wants to win a NC ?

Question # 4. If Saban hired Rees, what does that say about Rees‘s ability as an OC. ?

Reactions: chaseball
We've played for 1 NC in the last 25 plus years. That was the 2012 season. Not the ones you are trying to claim
NOT TRUE.

NOTRE DAME was selected as one of only four teams to play for the National Championship in 2018 and 2020.

In addition NOTRE DAME played for the National Championship in 2012

It would be hard to believe, actually impossible to believe, that there could be a bigger douche on this site than you.

Our team made the Playoffs. Again we're talking about offense. We also made the NC in 2012, our offense was average. That point isn't great by you

The offense was a little better under Chip than it was Rees. He was okay. Not great, not bad. Could have been better

This last season was due to QB play and due to Rees in a couple games. But, who recruited that said QB? Who is in charge of QB development for the last 6 seasons?

Rees is okay. I don't hate him. But he's not Lincoln Riley either. He's good. I think he'll be better in the league than college
So you think that Rees will be better in the NFL, the most parity driven league and the league that is exponentially harder to win in than any other league because according to you, he’s an average OC, he’s just okay !

You have to be the most unknowledgeable poster on this site. You’re clueless, you know nothing about football !

So you think that Rees will be better in the NFL, the most parity driven league and the league that is exponentially harder to win in than any other league because according to you, he’s an average OC, he’s just okay !

You have to be the most unknowledgeable poster on this site. You’re clueless, you know nothing about football !
Yes. Some coaches are better in the pros and some are better in college. He runs more of a pro style nfl type offense than he does a college one. He will be better in the pros than he is in college

NOT TRUE.

NOTRE DAME was selected as one of only four teams to play for the National Championship in 2018 and 2020.

In addition NOTRE DAME played for the National Championship in 2012

It would be hard to believe, actually impossible to believe, that there could be a bigger douche on this site than you.
Notre Dame has played for 1 NC in the past 25 years. Making a playoff isnt playing for a NC

FACT: Saban is currently the best coach in college football,
Saban may be the greatest coach in college football.

Question # 1 What OC wouldn’t want the opportunity to coach under Saban ?

Question # 2. With that enormous pool of available OC’s, wouldn’t Saban seek the best OC ?

Question # 3. Would Saban hire a poor, average or exceptional OC if he wants to win a NC ?

Question # 4. If Saban hired Rees, what does that say about Rees‘s ability as an OC. ?
This is my train of thought on this exactly.

Saban basically co-signed our OC for the last several years with this hire.

I knew there was something special about Rees football IQ when he was playing QB **PRESNAP** like Peyton Manning did **PRESNAP** (circa 2013). Rees was constantly making LOS adjustments pre-snap, reading the defense, calling hot routes, changing formations, etc. I've never seen a QB at ND have that kind of autonomy over the offense under BK.

Mike Mayok (a guy well connected to the NFL) would use the broadcast to praise Rees knowledge of the game/mastery of a complex offense and how big of a future Rees had as a coach if he chose to go that route. Mike Mayok was a big fan of Coach Rees while Rees was still a starting QB at Notre Dame

After Rees last game as a senior, in the post game presser Kelly gushed about Rees knowledge of the offense/high football IQ and unprompted essentially offered him a job live during the press conference "Rees could come be a coach on my staff anytime"

Kelly was recruiting Rees for years to join his staff even while he was still trying to make an NFL roster. When Rees finally came on board, in just 3 years he went from position coach to OC at age 27.

Under some of the most mediocre starting QBs in the history of ND football (Ian Book, Drew Pyne, Jack Coan, etc.) and mostly 3 and 4 star talent at the skill positions, NDs offense continued to produce enough to rank in the top 1/4th in the league (with high efficiency offenses).

Brian Kelly took the job at LSU, and made it priority number 1 to get Rees to LSU (rumors had it he made an offer to Rees that would have made Rees the highest paid OC in the country)

In an act of god knows what (loyalty to a university that has never really reciprocated that kind of loyalty back) he stayed at ND and made Drew Pyne and a group of WRs that would have made the bad news bears jealous play competently enough to continue to move the offense and win football games.

I don't know the reasons why this fanbase has been so critical of Rees his entire time here, besides a drunken bad night that got out to the public the guy has been nothing but a ND man with a ton of coaching talent who served almost a decade to the ND football program while being in demand at the highest levels of football in both leagues

The guy is an elite coach and people are embarrassing themselves trying to do mental gymnastics to convince themselves otherwise.

It's ok to acknowledge that a good one got away

Last edited:
What amazing to me is you would not hire Tommy as an OC but one of the greatest coaches in 40 years wants him.

I am going with the latter.
Saban hires his former opponents so he can learn what they are doing. No one thinks the 2023 Bama offense will look like that of ND's.

I knew there was something special about Rees knowledge of the game when he was playing QB **PRESNAP** like Peyton Manning did **PRESNAP** in the NFL back in 2013. Rees was constantly making adjustments, reading the defense, and re-arranging the backfield, I've never seen a QB at ND have that kind of autonomy over the offense under BK.

Mike Mayok used to go on and on about Tommy Rees having an elite knowledge of the game and that coaching was in his blood because his dad was one of the most respected football coaches in the league. Then after Rees last game in ND uniform, right after the game, very early in the press conference Kelly decided to gush about Rees IQ of the game unprompted and essentially offered him a job live during the press conference "Rees could come be a coach on my staff right now if he wanted.."

Kelly was recruiting Rees for years (even during the time when Rees was still trying to make an NFL roster) to come join his staff.

After only a few years, way below the average age of an OC, he was promoted quickly to take over.

Under some of the most mediocre QBs in the history of ND football (Ian Book, Drew Pyne, Jack Coan, etc.) and mostly 3 and 4 star talent at the skill positions to match and NDs offense continued to produce offenses that ranked in the top 1/4th in the country

When Kelly took the job at LSU, Kelly made it priority number 1 to get Rees to LSU (rumors had it he made an offer to Rees that would have made him the highest paid OC in the country)

In an act of god knows what (loyalty to a university that has never really reciprocated that kind of loyalty back) he stayed at ND and made Drew Pyne (of all players) play competently enough to continue to move the offense and win football games.

I don't know the reasons why this fanbase hates Rees so much .. but besides a drunken bad night that got out to the public the guy has been nothing but a ND man with a ton of coaching talent who served almost a decade to the ND football program while being in demand at the highest levels of football in both leagues (as a coach)

The guy is an elite coach and people are embarrassing themselves trying to do mental gymnastics to convince themselves otherwise.

Maybe half way elite

4FZwltS.jpg

I knew there was something special about Rees football IQ when he was playing QB **PRESNAP** like Peyton Manning did **PRESNAP** (circa 2013). Rees was constantly making LOS adjustments pre-snap, reading the defense, calling hot routes, changing formations, etc. I've never seen a QB at ND have that kind of autonomy over the offense under BK.

Mike Mayok (a guy well connected to the NFL) would use the broadcast to praise Rees knowledge of the game/mastery of a complex offense and how big of a future Rees had as a coach if he chose to go that route. Mike Mayok was a big fan of Coach Rees while Rees was still a starting QB at Notre Dame

After Rees last game as a senior, in the post game presser Kelly gushed about Rees knowledge of the offense/high football IQ and unprompted essentially offered him a job live during the press conference "Rees could come be a coach on my staff anytime"

Kelly was recruiting Rees for years to join his staff even while he was still trying to make an NFL roster. When Rees finally came on board, in just 3 years he went from position coach to OC at age 27.

Under some of the most mediocre starting QBs in the history of ND football (Ian Book, Drew Pyne, Jack Coan, etc.) and mostly 3 and 4 star talent at the skill positions, NDs offense continued to produce enough to rank in the top 1/4th in the league (with high efficiency offenses).

Brian Kelly took the job at LSU, and made it priority number 1 to get Rees to LSU (rumors had it he made an offer to Rees that would have made Rees the highest paid OC in the country)

In an act of god knows what (loyalty to a university that has never really reciprocated that kind of loyalty back) he stayed at ND and made Drew Pyne and a group of WRs that would have made the bad news bears jealous play competently enough to continue to move the offense and win football games.

I don't know the reasons why this fanbase has been so critical of Rees his entire time here, besides a drunken bad night that got out to the public the guy has been nothing but a ND man with a ton of coaching talent who served almost a decade to the ND football program while being in demand at the highest levels of football in both leagues

This made me laugh. Thank you

Notre Dame has played for 1 NC in the past 25 years. Making a playoff isnt playing for a NC
In dealing with you I have discovered … and have confirmed that you can’t cure stupid !

If you don’t make the playoffs can you play for the National Championship?

YES or NO

Ian Book was “mediocre” ?
Ian Book is the winningest QB in ND history !

Rees was also an offensive assistant with the San Diego Chargers before he came to Notre Dame.

Kelly wanted him at LSU but Swarbrick stabilized the staff by retaining him at Notre Dame and then Saban took him to Alabama.

Saban doesn’t settle for average or mediocre coaches on his staff.

Those denigrating Rees are clueless

So now Golson5 has changed his position, again ?

Now he’s claiming that Rees is an “elite” coach ?

Golson5, How did Rees go from “average” to “elite” without coaching another game ?

You know nothing about football !

So now Golson5 has changed his position, again ?

Now he’s claiming that Rees is an “elite” coach ?

Golson5, How did Rees go from “average” to “elite” without coaching another game ?

You know nothing about football !
What are you drunk??

When did I ever say Rees was elite??

Stop talking out of your ass. You're senile

Nick is not going to hire just an “Okay” OC.

Tommy is a very good OC. Yes, I have said from day one Tommy has to do better at recruiting. But at his new school he can be an average recruiter and the Bama name will recruit by itself.

So Reese called two bad games last season? Okay, so what. It doesn’t mean he is not a good OC.

Parker has a lot to prove. He has accomplished nothing as an OC. Just like Tommy when he got the job.

Nick is not going to hire just an “Okay” OC.

Tommy is a very good OC. Yes, I have said from day one Tommy has to do better at recruiting. But at his new school he can be an average recruiter and the Bama name will recruit by itself.

So Reese called two bad games last season? Okay, so what. It doesn’t mean he is not a good OC.

Parker has a lot to prove. He has accomplished nothing as an OC. Just like Tommy when he got the job.
Belichick hired a below average OC just last year

Stop acting like coaches never make mistakes.

That's just beyond stupid

Tommy was OC for 30 plus games now? He was okay. Not great, not bad either.
Parker has a lot to prove. Tommy has a lot to prove.

Belichick hired a below average OC just last year

Stop acting like coaches never make mistakes.

That's just beyond stupid

Tommy was OC for 30 plus games now? He was okay. Not great, not bad either.
Parker has a lot to prove. Tommy has a lot to prove.
I am strictly talking about Nick hiring Tommy. The college game and NFL game is totally different.

Funny you didn’t say Nick hired a bad OC. You mentioned a totally different coach that only won super bowls with a guy named Tom.

I am strictly talking about Nick hiring Tommy. The college game and NFL game is totally different.

Funny you didn’t say Nick hired a bad OC. You mentioned a totally different coach that only won super bowls with a guy named Tom.
1. Bill is a better coach than Nick.

2. I don't care if the games are different. Coaches make mistakes. Nick has made mistakes. Belichick has made mistakes. Phil Jackson. Every single coach and every person in every profession has made mistakes. Acting like he hasn't is ridiculous

3. I never said Saban hired a bad OC in Tommy. I said he was okay

4. Sabans first OC at Alabama was a bad hire.

1. Bill is a better coach than Nick.

2. I don't care if the games are different. Coaches make mistakes. Nick has made mistakes. Belichick has made mistakes. Phil Jackson. Every single coach and every person in every profession has made mistakes. Acting like he hasn't is ridiculous

3. I never said Saban hired a bad OC in Tommy. I said he was okay

4. Sabans first OC at Alabama was a bad hire.
Explain how he is better than Nick. This is not a fair comparison.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT