ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else really like the potential of this NIL environment?

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve

ND is super wealthy and have VERY generous network of donors.

ND might be really late to the party, but like everything else, they'll eventually come around

At this point it isn't a question of "if" but only a matter of "when" and hopefully sooner rather than later because I don't want to watch the program get their teeth kicked in for another 5 years before the adjustment is inevitably made.

And when they do watch out country because ND is going to have one of the best compensation packages between money, academics, and football that will be hard for ANYBODY else to compete with.

This will level the playing field REAL quick between ND and those programs monopolizing talent in the south eastern part of the country right now.

I see an environment where cash is involved HIGHLY benefiting an institution with as much pride in their football program and as deep pockets as Notre Dame.

Last edited:

ND might be really late to the party, but like everything else, they'll eventually come around

And when they do watch out country because ND is going to have one of the best offers between academics (which are still way more important to recruits than the typical ND fan gives credit for), football, and compensation in the entire country.
A clown.

The idea that wealthy donors are going to bankroll the ND football program is far-fetched. Chase needs to learn that ND is an academic institution first and foremost.
ND Football always comes around in the modern era (they used to lead in the mid 20th century on stuff like this but i digress)....they may be late to the party but they will come around and their wealth, prestige, and generous amounts of loyal fans will bail them out like they always do.

The idea that wealthy donors are going to bankroll the ND football program is far-fetched. Chase needs to learn that ND is an academic institution first and foremost.
What do you mean? I'm prepared to lay out $50 right now to guarantee that we get the best long snapper in college football.

At this point it isn't a question of "if" but only a matter of "when" and hopefully sooner rather than later because I don't want to watch the program get their teeth kicked in for another 5 years before the adjustment is inevitably made.

And when they do watch out country because ND is going to have one of the best compensation packages between money, academics, and football that will be hard for ANYBODY else to compete with.

This will level the playing field REAL quick between ND and those programs monopolizing talent in the south eastern part of the country right now.

I see an environment where cash is involved HIGHLY benefiting an institution with as much pride in their football program and as deep pockets as Notre Dame.
W
O
N
T

H A P P E N

Notre Dame absolutely positively despises the NIL horseshit.
Utterly despises it.

Remember we're talking about ND....
a school that still thinks it can pinch pennies when signing a new coach and or extensions.

They truly believe the coaches and players etc should feel honored to coach or play in South Bend.

This was never a matter of ND affording....

Rather a matter of ND being willing....

They won't be the only school. You can write that down.
Even Saban doesn't like the new NIL era and has publicly said as much.

You are going to see a split of sorts where colleges start breaking away from the NCAA and doing their own thing and it will be far more than the usual suspects. In other words many schools not just named ND, Northwestern, Stanford, Duke are going to find a new direction much more to their liking. Clemson will be one not of the usual suspects that will bail as well.

It's coming.....

you better believe it's coming because this shit show will ruin Collegiate Athletics

Reactions: Airzee23
Notre Dame has as many fans as anybody who love to support the product.

When are the big national corporations going to step in and see the potential in marketing ND players to ND fans, and come calling with the 7 figures? We won't have to wait for ND to step in at that point.

There's gotta be a TON of NIL potential signing with the Irish just based on how many fans there are across the country. I hope Marcus Freeman is able to sell this point on the recruiting trail.

If I'm a 40+ offer prospect thinking about the money, I'm definitely considering just how much marketing potential there is being a star on a team with as huge and as enthusiastic a fan base as NDs. If you are a standout player at ND, the national brands will come.

Last edited:
I say we play the game like everybody else does. ND lost out on 5 star talent because of the NIL you speak of values .well, where are the values for other schools. The NCAA is supposed to monitor regulations against fraudulent activity instead they ignor it. ND has enough power resource to out bid any school until the NCAA has the balls to do something about it. Bama pays the game as well as anybody, but where are the Values.

If you're going to pay the players really large sums of money, you might as well just tell the NFL to set up a minor league program and leave education out of it. What ND should do is separate the players that want to get a great education and network to use for the rest of their lives.

So, whoever spends the most money will win, right? That seems like a great plan!!!

There are enough big donors that would bankroll ND football to make a difference if the NCAA allowed schools to use it as an inducement. ND will not break the rules however.

yea and that reason is to keep the players broke and to keep the NCAA and the schools under their purview fat and happy
Spoken like a true woke victim….makes sense

Let me ask you…why have you never taken umbrage to the fact that so many schools graduate less than half of their minority players? Why haven’t you? It’s like the 21st century indentured service.

I’ll answer for you …because you only read headlines and can’t think for yourself = sheep

There are enough big donors that would bankroll ND football to make a difference if the NCAA allowed schools to use it as an inducement. ND will not break the rules however.
ND lost the no. 1 all-time win % because it broke the rules under Kelly.

I was being facetious about players going to the highest bidder.

There's a reason they're called student-athletes, with "student" being first.
ND needs to join the Ivy League then. Or at least team up with Northwestern, Illinois, Wake, Duke, etc. and have an all academic only division.

ND needs to join the Ivy League then. Or at least team up with Northwestern, Illinois, Wake, Duke, etc. and have an all academic only division.
I agree, and would prefer that route..been doing that for years if you haven’t noticed, this $ game didn’t start yesterday

Reactions: NDSMC78
Spoken like a true woke victim….makes sense

Let me ask you…why have you never taken umbrage to the fact that so many schools graduate less than half of their minority players? Why haven’t you? It’s like the 21st century indentured service.

I’ll answer for you …because you only read headlines and can’t think for yourself = sheep
Boom

Reactions: BGI User 756
Something has to be done by the NCAA and quickly. It's already ridiculous.
I don’t know that the NCAA can do much to alter NIL because it was SCOTUS that was the governing party that essentially sanctioned NIL.

NIL combined with the TP will certainly have an adverse influence on CFB

ND lost the no. 1 all-time win % because it broke the rules under Kelly.
Not true, the NCAA ruling, which Father Jenkins agreed to abide by, prior to the ruling, was flawed because the NCAA deemed a student to be a university employee.

Compounding the issue was the reckless and naive position taken by Father Jenkins.

Who in their right mind agrees to a finding and to abide by any penalty prior to the investigation and findings ? Who voluntarily agrees to forfeit their right of appeal prior to the investigation and prior to the rendering of the verdict ?

Yet, that’s what Father Jenkins agreed to with the NCAA, a reckless, naive, stupid and damaging agreement that had terrible consequences for ND.

Going undefeated in 2012 and 2018 proves you wrong !

Spoken like someone that never attended college, so therefore doesn't understand the value that a college degree provides.

If academics mean nothing, then why have the players even attend class? They're just there to play football, right?

I'll make it simple for you.

A college degree sets a person up to obtain a good job, advance in their career, and ultimately have financial success for a lifetime. It's a well-known fact that 80% of NFL players are broke within 2-3 years of ending their playing careers. So, if you pay them now, there's no incentive to go to class and get that education. Exactly how long will that money last? It's less than 1% of college players that make it in the NFL, so it's over when their college eligibility is over.

Without that degree, what do they do at that point?

Last edited:
Reactions: irishalice
If you're going to pay the players really large sums of money, you might as well just tell the NFL to set up a minor league program and leave education out of it. What ND should do is separate the players that want to get a great education and network to use for the rest of their lives.
Said this when the NIL gates opened.

If nothing changes in college the NFL will have to get involved because at some point this will hurt the shield.
Not today....not tomorrow..

But you can bet someone(lawyer) is keeping tabs on the NIL and putting it in their holster for the next CBA negotiations.
In other words all these high school kids yet to even take a snap making now...8...yes EIGHT...figures and yet to even take a meaningful snap in a Division I college game and we've got real professionals still scratching to get a league minimum still yet to crest seven figures.

This is a mess coming quickly.

The NFL can make a farm system...
Teams could draft players and groom them in their system...

Everything was fine and dandy until some elected asshat thought me, myself and I was more important than the greater good.

Reactions: Chitown11

If nothing changes in college the NFL will have to get involved because at some point this will hurt the shield.

But you can bet someone(lawyer) is keeping tabs on the NIL and putting it in their holster for the next CBA negotiations.
In other words all these high school kids yet to even take a snap making now...8...yes EIGHT...figures and yet to even take a meaningful snap in a Division I college game and we've got real professionals still scratching to get a league minimum still yet to crest seven figures.

Everything was fine and dandy until some elected asshat thought me, myself and I was more important than the greater good.
The NFL has no interest in starting a farm system, so you can abandon that fantasy.

And no high school kid is making 8 figures so you can abandon that notion.

SCOTUS validated NIL and that’s a huge problem which is compounded exponentially by the NCAA’s idiotic removal of the one year buffer for transferring.

Nfl has no interest in that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT