ADVERTISEMENT

Life of a once great brand: 2nd rate talent and 2nd rate coaching staff

1. I dont think Tommy was that great. Was he bad, no. Was he elite, no. A lot of meh for me. Very predictable at times. Didnt like to play the younger guys a lot and very complicated offense.

I think Parker simplifies the offense and lets the best players play.

2. Tommy had talent on offense. He just didnt do enough with it

3. The OL will be really good. The QB play will be much better whoever starts. Our rb room is stacked.

4. Tommy was unproven when he got hired as well and hes still unproven to me. This will be a breath of fresh air

5. Finally unlock Estime and play Tyree to his strengths rather than run him up the middle all the time
Tyree did okay up the middle vs usc. Still, Tyree should not see the field much unless it’s from the slot imo if we have Estime, Diggs, and Price all healthy. I’d rather see Love or Payne over Tyree.

1. I dont think Tommy was that great. Was he bad, no. Was he elite, no. A lot of meh for me. Very predictable at times. Didnt like to play the younger guys a lot and very complicated offense.

I think Parker simplifies the offense and lets the best players play.

2. Tommy had talent on offense. He just didnt do enough with it

3. The OL will be really good. The QB play will be much better whoever starts. Our rb room is stacked.

4. Tommy was unproven when he got hired as well and hes still unproven to me. This will be a breath of fresh air

5. Finally unlock Estime and play Tyree to his strengths rather than run him up the middle all the time
Tommy is a good OC.

He will now coach the most talent he has ever coached. We will see

As far as the talent Tommy had on offense.

Who was the best WR Tommy coached? He has always had average to good WR talent but never elite.

You wanna argue about how he played the RBs??? What do you mean by “running him up the middle all the time”? Tommy called plenty of B and C gap plays. It is rare in todays football that RB plays are to the outside. LBs and DEs are too fast to consistently get the edge. The defense sets the edge pretty good now a days.

Simplify the offense??? Are you really saying Tommy runs a complicated offense???

Didn’t you say earlier that most of Tommy’s plays were predictable???

Reactions: Pennick4
Tommy is a good OC.

He will now coach the most talent he has ever coached. We will see

As far as the talent Tommy had on offense.

Who was the best WR Tommy coached? He has always had average to good WR talent but never elite.

You wanna argue about how he played the RBs??? What do you mean by “running him up the middle all the time”? Tommy called plenty of B and C gap plays. It is rare in todays football that RB plays are to the outside. LBs and DEs are too fast to consistently get the edge. The defense sets the edge pretty good now a days.

Simplify the offense??? Are you really saying Tommy runs a complicated offense???

Didn’t you say earlier that most of Tommy’s plays were predictable???
Anyone can be successful at Bama. So we wont see. We saw 3 years at ND. He was okay.

Tommy had talent on offense. Mayer, Tremble, Wright, skowronek, mckinley, Kyren, Book and a bunch of OL nfl all in the league. And Estime and Austin will probably get there too

He ran 185 lb Chris Tyree who is all speed and cant break tackles up the middle so many times this year it was just stupid. No other way to say it. Just really bad

Tommy runs an NFL offense in college, absolutely. Ultimately, that's where he probably wants to be and it shows.

nothing lasts forever! why not just enjoy your team as a good fan? why be miserable all the time! it is a sport not war!

nothing lasts forever! why not just enjoy your team as a good fan? why be miserable all the time! it is a sport not war!
How does an institution go from being so far ahead of the entire country in football for nearly an entire century to being a novelty brand and maxing out as a number 10 team in the modern era?

It's mind-blowing to me and nobody seems to care anymore

I'm telling you the fans are going to get fed up and flee and once that happens the football gravy train is over

Reactions: adrian1477
Anyone can be successful at Bama. So we wont see. We saw 3 years at ND. He was okay.

Tommy had talent on offense. Mayer, Tremble, Wright, skowronek, mckinley, Kyren, Book and a bunch of OL nfl all in the league. And Estime and Austin will probably get there too

He ran 185 lb Chris Tyree who is all speed and cant break tackles up the middle so many times this year it was just stupid. No other way to say it. Just really bad

Tommy runs an NFL offense in college, absolutely. Ultimately, that's where he probably wants to be and it shows.
Come on man, Outside of an elite TE ND has lacked elite talent at WR for awhile. Tremble? Really? He is good but never made opposing, defensive, coordinators nervous.

Then the other guys you named with the exception of Mayer, are simply good college players but no where near elite.

So anyone can be successful at Bama??? That’s ridiculous. Tommy has earned his shot and Nick recognizes that. Out of every OC in America, Nick chose Tommy to lead his offense. That’s a BIG deal.

However, as good as an OC me and Nick feel Tommy is, Tommy left something to desire when it came to recruiting.

Reactions: adrian1477
Tommy leaving a school he graduated from is very telling. He knows ND cannot compete with upper echelon. The very reason BK left. I’ve accepted that SEC will get 2 BCS spots & probably win the title. I applaud ND for trying to win in a true amateur style in this day & age.

Come on man, Outside of an elite TE ND has lacked elite talent at WR for awhile. Tremble? Really? He is good but never made opposing, defensive, coordinators nervous.

Then the other guys you named with the exception of Mayer, are simply good college players but no where near elite.

So anyone can be successful at Bama??? That’s ridiculous. Tommy has earned his shot and Nick recognizes that. Out of every OC in America, Nick chose Tommy to lead his offense. That’s a BIG deal.

However, as good as an OC me and Nick feel Tommy is, Tommy left something to desire when it came to recruiting.
Come on man is right! Since when do you have to have elite talent everywhere to be a really good offense. So you think all the teams that scored more points than us had better talent?? Nah

When you have the talent we have had, should have been better

When was the last time any OC had a bad season at Alabama? They score a ton of points every year.

Tommy was an average to above average OC here maybe at best.

Tommy leaving a school he graduated from is very telling. He knows ND cannot compete with upper echelon. The very reason BK left. I’ve accepted that SEC will get 2 BCS spots & probably win the title. I applaud ND for trying to win in a true amateur style in this day & age.
They don't try hard enough. Lot of legal things they can do to close the gap that they simply dont

If anybody can be successful at Alabama and Alabama launches or resurrects head coaching careers what does it say about Tommy Reese that out of all the competition for his OC job at Alabama it was him who was in fact chosen?

If anybody can be successful at Alabama and Alabama launches or resurrects head coaching careers what does it say about Tommy Reese that out of all the competition for his OC job at Alabama it was him who was in fact chosen?
He wasnt the first candidate. Nick is bored and wants a challenge idk

I dont know. Why did Belichick hire Patricia and Judge as OCs last year when they never have done it and fired them after a year?

Who knows

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Come on man is right! Since when do you have to have elite talent everywhere to be a really good offense. So you think all the teams that scored more points than us had better talent?? Nah

When was the last time any OC had a bad season at Alabama? They score a ton of points every year.

WHY would Saban hire an average to….. at best an above average OC ?

Please tell us what you know that Saban doesn’t know !

He wasnt the first candidate. Nick is bored and wants a challenge idk

I dont know. Why did Belichick hire Patricia and Judge as OCs last year when they never have done it and fired them after a year?

Who knows
For once you’re correct, You DON’T know !

In terms of this discussion, any mention of Belichick is totally irrelevant.

Rees was one of the top 5 candidates that Saban hand picked.
You also don’t know the underlying reasons behind the “ordering” of Saban’s choices.

One thing is for sure, as the greatest coach in college football, Saban knows what he’s doing in terms of evaluating ann OC and you don’t !

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennick4
How does an institution go from being so far ahead of the entire country in football for nearly an entire century to being a novelty brand and maxing out as a number 10 team in the modern era?
We have been getting lazy with internal promotions. Freeman as DC was the last big hire outside the family.

When was the last time any OC had a bad season at Alabama?
They score a ton of points every year.

Bill O'Brien disappointed many Tide fans.

For once you’re correct, You DON’T know !

In terms of this discussion, any mention of Belichick is totally irrelevant.

Rees was one of the top 5 candidates that Saban hand picked.
You also don’t know the underlying reasons behind the “ordering” of Saban’s choices.

One thing is for sure, as the greatest coach in college football, Saban knows what he’s doing in terms of evaluating ann OC and you don’t !
The greatest coach in the nfl knows what he is doing in terms of evaluating an OC.... until he doesnt. He did a horrible job

Coaches arent infallible. Either is Saban

We have been getting lazy with internal promotions. Freeman as DC was the last big hire outside the family.

Bill O'Brien disappointed many Tide fans.
Yes he did. And they still finished 4th and 6th in ppg

Thats my point. Everyone is going to put up points at Alabama. It's almost impossible not to

Thank you

Notre Dame played in two national Championships in the last decade, that’s “competing” at the highest possible level, that is the upper echelon !

And Notre Dame competed at that level, at the upper echelon, while maintaining the highest academic standards of any other team competing at that level.

No other team in serious contention for the National Championship comes close to Notre Dame’s academic standards !

GO IRISH 🍀

The greatest coach in the nfl knows what he is doing in terms of evaluating an OC.... until he doesnt. He did a horrible job

Coaches arent infallible. Either is Saban
The NFL is irrelevant for purposes of this discussion.

So Saban isn’t infalible, but you are.

Let’s see, if anyone needed advice regarding college football, who would they go to ?
YOU OR SABAN ?

You know nothing compared to Saban !

In fact, you know nothing.…. Period

But you want us to believe that when it comes to Tommy Rees, you know more than Saban !

You’re an embarrassment ! …… to this board ….. and ….. to yourself !

The NFL is irrelevant for purposes of this discussion.

So Saban isn’t infalible, but you are.

Let’s see, if anyone needed advice regarding college football, who would they go to ?
YOU OR SABAN ?

You know nothing compared to Saban !

In fact, you know nothing.…. Period

But you want us to believe that when it comes to Tommy Rees, you know more than Saban !

You’re an embarrassment ! …… to this board ….. and ….. to yourself !
No one is infallible except God, including Saban

He left to get better …

Notre Dame played in two national Championships in the last decade, that’s “competing” at the highest possible level, that is the upper echelon !

And Notre Dame competed at that level, at the upper echelon, while maintaining the highest academic standards of any other team competing at that level.

No other team in serious contention for the National Championship comes close to Notre Dame’s academic standards !

GO IRISH 🍀
ND played in 2 Natty’s???

GO IRISH 🍀
What 2 years did they play for NC?

We both have the same information, 3 years of data.

He was okay
And you think that your knowledge of football, your ability to assess talent and your analytical abilities are equal to and/or better than Saban’s ?

You’re a joke and your embarrassing yourself.

That you don’t comprehend that you’re embarrassing yourself is indicative of a low IQ.

We will never make it to a natty again as long as Jackoff Soredick and Scrooge McJenkins are in office. Mark my words.

No one is infallible except God, including Saban
Nice try at trying to shift the subject away from your arrogance and stupidity.

The issue isn’t about “infallibility” it‘s about you posturing that you know more than Saban, that you claim to be a better evaluator of coaching talent than Saban.

You’re a joke and an enormous embarrassment, you’re just too arrogant and too stupid to realize the insanity of your position and posturing !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT