ADVERTISEMENT

Demetris Robertson

coaches Denbrock, samford and another coach are spending all Thursday afternoon or evening with the Robertson family to try and close this one according to an insider. also read that the whole Robertson family may go and visit GA Tech this weekend but they shouldn't be a threat with the offense that they run. insiders loy and wiltfong both are saying that if this recruitment goes past NSD like they and others are hearing then it could be harder for our irish to land him
Not sure he is a real need would love to have him but we have

• McKinley
  • Sanders
  • Boykin
  • St Brown
  • Robinson
  • Claypool
  • Stephenson
  • Hunter
  • Brent
  • Guyton

Reactions: Pennick4
The ND coaches want him pretty bad. They sent the 18 wheel equipment truck to his neighborhood. They must have been an eye opener.

Reactions: Bodizephax
yep. impressive. Recruiting is way outta control! But this is not over on Feb 3. He has post signing day OV's set up. It ain't over till it's over and in many cases even then it is just getting started!

yep. impressive. Recruiting is way outta control! But this is not over on Feb 3. He has post signing day OV's set up. It ain't over till it's over and in many cases even then it is just getting started!

how profound -- it gives me goosebumps exploring your mind

from what I'm now reading our irish hit a home run with the truck as usa today was down there taking pics and doing a story on it as was nbc and other national sports sites. sports radio all over the country are also talking about it. one insider tweeted at how our irish just out did Michigan's sleepover with a recruit by bringing the truck to Robertson's school and then to the house

hopefull Mom accompanies him on his visits to UGA and GT or he might recieve a dozen Georgia peaches!

The ND coaches want him pretty bad. They sent the 18 wheel equipment truck to his neighborhood. They must have been an eye opener.

Not to be outdone---Alabama just sent this truck to Demetris Robertson's house.
brinks_truck.jpg

hopefull Mom accompanies him on his visits to UGA and GT or he might recieve a dozen Georgia peaches!

His schedule is going to GT Friday night until Sat afternoon for an official with 2 brothers, sister and mom, same group is leaving GT Saturday afternoon heading for an official to Alabama Sat night and Sunday. The following week going to Athens for official to UGA until Sunday afternoon with the same group, likely to sign by Wed the 10. Doesn't sound like he is too confident in his test score to get into Stanford. Did mom make the trip to ND?

Is it just me or does anyone else think that bringing the truck to a recruit's home is a little excessive? It couldn't have been cheap. D-Rob has to know by now how badly coaches want him. I also don't think it would ultimately influence his decision, but that's just my guess. Lastly, how might another big time recruit take it if Irish coaches do an in home visit and don't take the truck?

it really appears his recruitment is just getting underway in earnest.

One of our posters is friends with the family, says Drob knows where he wants to go and has for awhile, but the rest of the family isn't on board with it. He hasn't said where that is, but he said mom is handling it, the older brother is doing the talking and Drob doesn't have much input in it. IF the family makes the trip to UGA and mom is satisfied with the academic end and he decides within 3 days of the visit like he said he was going to do, I think he goes to UGA. But I don't think he makes that visit. But UGA has offered his twin sister a track scholarship, she was a good HS runner I don't know if she is an NCAA or SEC level runner or not. But getting mom on a visit is crucial and if she doesn't make the visit I don't think he goes to that school. At this point she hasn't been to UGA, GT or Bama. I don't know if she made the trip to ND or not.

I don't know if bringing a truck to a recruit's school is excessive or not but it gave our irish a lot of national attention today. at least our coaches aren't going out and having sleepovers with underage recruits like the Michigan coaching staff

I think all the recruiting hype over him to date is out the window, and an favorite does not exist.
He has a big busy weekend ahead and it will go a long way in formulating his decision.
At this point, everyone is tied for 1st place!

Is it just me or does anyone else think that bringing the truck to a recruit's home is a little excessive? It couldn't have been cheap. D-Rob has to know by now how badly coaches want him. I also don't think it would ultimately influence his decision, but that's just my guess. Lastly, how might another big time recruit take it if Irish coaches do an in home visit and don't take the truck?

lots of good pub for ND right before NSD - most people seemed to like it, especially the media outlets... it was money well-spent, and I'm sure they can afford it...

is it going to influence a recruit to actually sign? probably not, but it may help change the perception of ND taking itself too seriously, and shows they can have a little fun, and that will pay dividends in recruiting...

But UGA has offered his twin sister a track scholarship, she was a good HS runner I don't know if she is an NCAA or SEC level runner or not.

Ha, welcome to the SEC. And UGA is one of the most on-the-level programs in the conference.

He will sign with either UGA or Bama. As of today, UGA is his leader.

I say he ends up at San Jose State or Tulsa.

Hey you're onto something.. This making stuff up thing is really fun!! Glad I watched your last few posts to learn how to do it.

Not to be outdone---Alabama just sent this truck to Demetris Robertson's house.
brinks_truck.jpg
This truck should have lead the way before the equipment truck. Nothing like - right to the point optics. The closer to NSD you get the odds of signing any recruit diminishes. Always been that way for ND. There are exceptions, Te'o, but we lose far, far more than we get. The type of kid who requires that kind of attention is not attracted to the ND school and team culture. It is what it is.

This truck should have lead the way before the equipment truck. Nothing like - right to the point optics. The closer to NSD you get the odds of signing any recruit diminishes. Always been that way for ND. There are exceptions, Te'o, but we lose far, far more than we get. The type of kid who requires that kind of attention is not attracted to the ND school and team culture. It is what it is.

But us Notre Dame fans put too much into the last days of recruiting. If we got Daelin Hayes or Javon McKinley the last day of recruiting instead of months ago this board would be going nuts !
What does it matter when we get the recruits as long we get them.

75% UGA. 25% Bama. As for ND, he says he would just LOVE walking around in -10 degrees for 6 months. LOL

getting either Davis or Kelly is, from a needs perspective, more important.
In terms of want: Davis, Kelly, DRob
JMO:
DRob is a talent and exciting; but there is talent at the skill positions, and more coming in; for example, Claypool may not be the highlite film that DRob would be, but he probably will be more productive over the course of a game and season.

Personally, I like the truck move and like the fact ND is thinking outside the box for their recruiting, just like they did with the pot of gold mailings. I agree that any recruit that makes a college decision solely based on this kind of gimmick would be more than suspect; but I think Robertson might like and appreciate the effort and the media attention, and sees this as part of "the love" shown to him, and I'm all in if this helps sway his final decision.

Personally, I like the truck move and like the fact ND is thinking outside the box for their recruiting, just like they did with the pot of gold mailings. I agree that any recruit that makes a college decision solely based on this kind of gimmick would be more than suspect; but I think Robertson might like and appreciate the effort and the media attention, and sees this as part of "the love" shown to him, and I'm all in if this helps sway his final decision.

Drob doesn't like the attention, he is a very quite, almost introverted kid. Officially visited Georgia Tech today and yes he made the trip with the entire family. Mom liked the academic side of Tech, but wasn't impressed with where it was, downtown Atlanta beside I-75 for those who don't know, or their athletic facilities. Either on their way to Alabama or already arrived for official tonight and tomorrow. He has said he isn't signing this week, but is taking an official to UGA with his family next weekend. He has been to Athens numerous times, mom never has and the trip is for her. Then signing around the 10th. If, and I don't know if he does or not, makes the trip to Athens, he signs with UGA on the 10th, why delay it if he is going to sign with anyone else?

I say he signs with ND on National signing day. It's a big day for these recruits. Not buying this Georgia thing.

I say he signs with ND on National signing day. It's a big day for these recruits. Not buying this Georgia thing.

If he signs on the 3rd its between ND and Bama. If he signs with Bama it means the education part was not really a factor. He is a good student, not national honor society good but good.

He said he wasn't signing until around the 10th, won't be long until we know.

He knows Jacob Eason, but he isn't wanting to catch passes from him, Drob wants to play defense, Can you explain why he wouldn't want to attend UGA?
We had a down year, fired the coach yet still won 10 games finished the season with a 5 game winning streak. ND won 10 games, finished the season on a 2 game losing streak.
Drob is friends with quite a few UGA commits and recruits, most in the class.
Its close to home.

I don't know if he makes the visit next weekend or not, he has told some of his friends he is insisting the family come on that trip. IF he does, he will sign with UGA, almost 100%, I just don't know if he will make it or not. I don't think he signs with ND, why make the trip to GT and Bama this weekend if he was settled on ND? Stanford could play into it, but he doesn't think he improved his test score enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT