ADVERTISEMENT

Demetris Robertson

IrishInOntario

I've posted how many times?
Feb 21, 2009
If there is actually a snowball's chance in hell ND lands this kid like many "in the know" seem to think they will, the future of the receiving group in South Bend would be ridiculous. I actually think that it could be better than when ND had Floyd, Tate, Rudolph, etc, etc...

The "cream of the crop"

Torii Hunter Jr.
C.J. Sanders
Equanimeous St. Brown
Aliz'e Jones
Javon Mckinley
Demetris Robertson
Chase Claypool

That's an absurd amount of talent, with lots of size and speed and a variety of skill sets.

If there is actually a snowball's chance in hell ND lands this kid like many "in the know" seem to think they will, the future of the receiving group in South Bend would be ridiculous. I actually think that it could be better than when ND had Floyd, Tate, Rudolph, etc, etc...

The "cream of the crop"

Torii Hunter Jr.
C.J. Sanders
Equanimeous St. Brown
Aliz'e Jones
Javon Mckinley
Demetris Robertson
Chase Claypool

That's an absurd amount of talent, with lots of size and speed and a variety of skill sets.

yes, totally agree. The offense is firmly established as elite.
Now, bout that defense, still 3 spots left fot the D.

I read today the Robertson family is sold on our irish's academics as being top notch but now wants to focus on who and how we've put players in the nfl

ND needs Demetris to replace Will Fuller's Big Play Quick Strike ability.

I like Boykin a lot. I like the other players I listed better. That's a compliment to the type of talent in that group, not a slight to Boykin, Robinson, Holmes, Stepherson, or any if the other tight ends.

Boykin on the field with ESB and Claypool (at some point) will make each other a bigger threat!
sum of the parts > parts in the sum

What kind of receiver is Robertson? Is he a burner or a big guy that can go up and get it? I plead ignorance as this is the first I've heard of him.

What kind of receiver is Robertson? Is he a burner or a big guy that can go up and get it? I plead ignorance as this is the first I've heard of him.

basically like will fuller, but better at this age. He's about 6', maybe 6'1", probably a slot WR. Robertson was essentially unguarable at the AA game in practice. In the game he was featured more in the return game, where he would easily get 30 yds a return. Basically he was in an AA game and looked like he was running in a different gear than everyone else. And I've went from feeling we were basically out of it to thinking we have a real chance over the past 2 days.

Reactions: Yooper Irishfan
Well I have no clue if ND gets Robertson. You never know what these kids are thinking. I will say this. Clearly he can be as effective as Will Fuller. He has to see that. The question that remains is simple. How important is getting a degree? Or is making an NFL roster the only goal? Time will tell.

Well I have no clue if ND gets Robertson. You never know what these kids are thinking. I will say this. Clearly he can be as effective as Will Fuller. He has to see that. The question that remains is simple. How important is getting a degree? Or is making an NFL roster the only goal? Time will tell.
While I love the notion of getting a degree being important, seems to me the better the player the less likely they stay. College football as we know it today. Jaylon and Will are our latest examples.

Last edited:
Reactions: sluggo69
While I live the notion of getting a degree being important, seems to me the better the player the less likely they stay. College football as we know it today. Jaylon and Will are our latest examples.

True, good point.

This would be the highest rated WR that ND has recruited since Floyd. I hope this guy doesn't think ND has too many WR's already.

Reactions: hoosierstateII
Hunter really came on at the end of the year, I am really looking forward to seeing him next year.

will all this great offense go for naught for want of a DL?
I think the DL can be fairly good. J. Jones and Rochell will be returning. In addition Tillery looked very good for a true Fr. IMO, the real problem will be the defensive scheme. If it doesn't change this defense will continue to get shredded. Nobody knows what they are supposed to do and every play there a multiple players out of position. If that doesn't get fixed then it won't matter how good our DL is.

DL play covers a multitude of errors. Great DL play results in DB's making AA teams, and LBers getting drafted day 1 or 2.

True but a defensive unit with one of greatest DL's ever saw got 40 hung on them last night.

I am noticing that the rationals,excuses, explanations are still intact. I guess all the years of practice is perfecting something.

ND needs to close the current recruiting class with a few big defensive scores. ND needs to get into the top 8.

We dont need Wideouts......We need more DL and LB and then some more DL and LB.....
We need someone capable of replacing Will Fuller's Quick Strike ability. Demetris Robertson can do this. I hope ND lands him.

WR is not a position of need, so I understand ndhell's perspective; but Perse is right, he is simply too good to think in terms of defense versus offense needs. Every team would jump at the chance to sign this kid, and the fact we are in the race this late in the process is extraordinary.

Yea, Robertson is a kid you take if you have 5 WR already in this class. Besides, one thing that BK has shown is that he'll take guys that are players and move them to positions of need. I wouldn't be shocked to see a WR move to DB.

Notre Dame is a pass oriented offense. Any top receiver thrives here and goes onto the NFL. Tate, Floyd, Riddick, TJ Jones, Rudolph, Eifert etc. Teams like Alabama and Georgia are more balanced or run oriented. ND is the best choice for a top receiver to shine in college and become a first round NFL pick. We also will have 3 experienced top notch quarterbacks next year and more on the way.

Notre Dame is a pass oriented offense. Any top receiver thrives here and goes onto the NFL. Tate, Floyd, Riddick, TJ Jones, Rudolph, Eifert etc. Teams like Alabama and Georgia are more balanced or run oriented. ND is the best choice for a top receiver to shine in college and become a first round NFL pick. We also will have 3 experienced top notch quarterbacks next year and more on the way.

Neither Wim nor MZ have actual game experience that justifies the label 'experienced'.

While I'm the first person to shake my head at ND's struggles to recruit quality depth along the DL, anyone who thinks that it would be a smart move to turn down arguably the #1 WR in the country and instead take a 3 star, developmental DL, is insane.

You can have the kid that may play year 3 at ND... I'll take Desean Jackson 2.0.

^ while insanity is in no short supply, I don't think any ND fan who follows recruiting is in the dark about D Robinson. This kid is the real deal. At this point of his development he is even more highly thought of than Fuller was.

He will be a big cog in ND scoring the 50+ points needed to win games!

He's not the same player Will Fuller is, just because he's fast. Fuller is a very straight line fast type of guy, but there is some rigidity to his movements and he's not the most slippery guy out there. Roberston wouldn't beat Fuller is a foot race, but he's got that Percy Harvin, Tavon Austin, Desean Jackson fluidity to his movements that make him menacing. He's faster than most, but his strength is that he can change direction without gearing down and he's got the hips to make you miss in a phone booth.

If you want an ND comparison, he's more Golden Tate than he is Will Fuller, but his body type is different than Golden's. His frame is very similar to TJ Jones. So imagine for a second, Golden Tate's skill set in TJ Jones' body.

We dont need Wideouts......We need more DL and LB and then some more DL and LB.....

Our last 3 or 4 recruits should all be D linemen regardless if they are 3 stars - get them in - the more the merrier - and maybe a 3 star ends up playing like a 5 star !

No thank you... I'd rather not clutter the depth chart with bodies at the DL position and make it even more difficult for ND to land top tier kids that want to play right away. It's already ND's toughest position to recruit. They don't need 3 more average players in the group in hopes that 1 develops. The position is not short on numbers, it's short on talent... This needs to be the game plan.

DE: Isaac Rochell
2. Khalid Kareem
3. Grant Blankenship

NG: Jarron Jones
2. Daniel Cage
3. Jacob Matuska

DT: Jerry Tillery
2. John Bonner
3. Jay Hayes

DE: Andrew Trumbetti
2. Daelin Hayes
3. Grant Blankenship

Recruit the hell out of...

5 star DE AJ Epenesa
4/5 star DE Josh Kaindoh
4 star DE Robert Beal
4 star DE Chase Young
4 star DE Luiji Vilain
4 star DT Haskell Garrett
4 star DT Breyon Gaddy
4 star DT Jerron Cage

Among others that ND will have a shot at.

Reactions: hoosierstateII
the photos I saw today and the gears he demonstrated are more Fuller than Tate.

(you miss the part 'at this stage' ? no doubt Robertson, RR 6.1 is ranked higher than Fuller, RR 5.8, at a comparable stage of development)

Last edited:
^ while insanity is in no short supply, I don't think any ND fan who follows recruiting is in the dark about D Robinson. This kid is the real deal. At this point of his development he is even more highly thought of than Fuller was.

He will be a big cog in ND scoring the 50+ points needed to win games!

ND needs to score 50+ to win games?? -- They gave up 28 to FSU @ FL State and 24 @Clemson

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT