ADVERTISEMENT

Demetris Robertson

coach BK and other members of staff are doing an in home visit tonight with Robertson and family. hopefully coach BK can seal the deal tonight and get at least a silent verbal. he still has plans to see bama once more I believe and so he probably wouldn't give out a verbal publicly if the coaching staff seals the deal over dinner with the family

Reactions: Bodizephax
will be interesting to see if he makes the Bama trip. I personally think he will, but if he doesn't, he's all ND. Cant believe that after all the talk about if he doesn't visit ND again he isn't coming, that I'm saying that. My overview of his recruitment given the trips he's been on and who he's visited and said was a "leader", vs what fans in Georgia have said, that he wanted to go to Stanford, academics are important to him, and ND was a good backup plan. He was 1 time committed to Bama and Georgia is the local school so he kept them in it too. But Georgia fans wrote him off awhile ago and he has waited this long to visit a school he was committed to long ago. Think this might be a courtesy visit honestly. He visited ND for the very 1st game and loved it, but always said Stanford was his "leader". Now that they're out all this buzz for ND starts popping up. If academics weren't important why do you call Stanford a leader when you never visit and visit ND for week 1? Just my overall thoughts. He has been my #1 or 2 guy on the board for months, hope the "insiders" have it right.

if our irish get him D_Master then I think he plays right away in the wr rotation. even though he has elite speed now I think after a year under longo you can possibly see will fuller speed from him. fuller had really good speed and the same type of small frame coming out of high school like Robertson and longo made him faster

Playmaker. A Percy Harvin. Would be the biggest recruit BK has had in his tenure on offense.

that BK recruited himself yes. Floyd is probably on that level, but a bigger, more physical WR. DR is 6'0" maybe 190 once he gets into the season. He's a guy that will use speed to stretch the defense and make plays. And on paper, yes would be the best offensive player BK has landed and its not even close. Alize Jones maybe, Greg Bryant possibly, but I think DR would have an immediate impact more than they did. Think he could be a better return guy than Sanders too. The 2 of them on KO return, damn, who do you prefer there? Lets not get ahead of ourselves though (even though I think he ends up Irish), lets wait and see if the ink dries in a couple weeks for the good guys.

If and only if our irish get Robertson then you could probably see the best return unit at notre dame sine the rocket and waters were returning punts and kickoffs in the late eighties and early nineties. also saw a twitter pic of Robertson having dinner at a restaurant with coach dykes and some of his cal staff recently but I've never read anything that would lead me to believe that they are a threat

Reactions: artemis gordon
heard that the in hime visit with BK and staff went well last night and that Georgia is offially out of this race. more and more recruiting insiders are putting in cbs for our irish as we speak today. also heard that he wants to retake his sats instead of visiting bama. retaking the sats tells me that he wants one more try at getting into Stanford before nsd

Christian from ISD has heard it's unlikely that he gets into Stanford. there our biggest competition and not bama. I don't know when he can officially retake the sats pers but that seems to be the only thing keeping him from not ending up out west. also read that the staff was at the family's house until late in the evening and that the family seems to be on board but again those sats could be a factor still

I've never wanted a kid to fail at the SAT more and I feel like a POS saying that, haha. With Georgia out and academics playing a big part, I cant see how he chooses Bama. But the whole taking the SAT again worries me a little. What a punch in the gut it would be to see him end up at Stanford now. FWIW, many people are picking ND and some don't think he will be able to get into Stanford. Reading the tea leaves, he wants Stanford, but will choose us if he cant get in there.

Last edited:
maybe he just wants to get acceptance to Stanford for his self satisfaction? no your right...cause for concern!

heard that the in hime visit with BK and staff went well last night and that Georgia is offially out of this race. more and more recruiting insiders are putting in cbs for our irish as we speak today. also heard that he wants to retake his sats instead of visiting bama. retaking the sats tells me that he wants one more try at getting into Stanford before nsd
NSD is two weeks from tomorrow. He's not getting sat scores that fast, is he?

I don't know how fast he can get sat scores back if he retakes them but maybe someone on this board does

I doubt he could get them that fast. But NSD is the FIRST day you can sign, not the last. If he's truly serious about Stanford, his recruitment could drag on past NSD. I remember davonte neal didn't choose ND until several weeks after nsd, so who knows. I really hope we don't have that happen here. but w/ this news it wouldn't surprise me.

just some things I've read about this kid's recruitment as of late:
- not expected to gain admittance into Stanford. Might still be trying, but likely wont happen. He likes what MCcaffrey was able to do in Shaw's offense and that has been the pitch to him that he would be used the same way.
-If decision was made purely on football it'd be Bama. But...Robertson has always had an academics mindset and the Irish are trending in a big way.
-his brother, who is a legal guardian, admits this may last PAST NSD (s**t).
-Pete Sampson continues to say Stanford is OUT.
-Reports today are that Georgia is OUT.

The saga continues....

Steve Wiltfong just put in a crystal ball for Robertson to ND. Things are looking even more promising.

Wiltfong is the best in the business, but credit Tom Loy on this one as well... He's stuck to his guns on Robertson.

Hope I'm wrong! Really, really do!

I said in another thread that wiltfong is more conservative than loy on those picks. loy I think has good info, but goes out on a limb more. Wiltfong makes a pick usually when he has some very solid, credible info.

Robertson has stated he needs to improve his SAT's by 100 points to get in to Stanford. Normally Stanford does not take test scores on the 23rd of Jan., But he is a big time recruit, and they are probably making an exception for him. I think he sees himself as a McCaffrey clone. Hand timed in 4.35 forty, returns punts and kick-offs, can catch the ball out of the backfield. The next great all -purpose Stanford running back. He will get the results of his test scores in 5 days, because of its "rush" status, just in time for a Jan. 29 offical visit.

Reactions: tdjesus11
I understand the attraction to Stamford but being used like McCaffrey shouldn't be one of the reasons. McCaffrey's a sophomore and his touches are likely to go up not down regardless if Robertson goes there or not. If Robertson wants to touch the ball 15 or 20 a game Notre Dame is his best option. Better than Georgia with Chubb and all of the other playmakers the bulldogs have and better than Alabama.

start drubbing Stanford on a regular basis and recruits like this will have ND as their first choice over Stanford. I guarantee B.Shaw is telling all recruits who like both schools that they have won 4 of the 6 times between the two schools w/ more recent big time bowl wins as well.

start drubbing Stanford on a regular basis and recruits like this will have ND as their first choice over Stanford. I guarantee B.Shaw is telling all recruits who like both schools that they have won 4 of the 6 times between the two schools w/ more recent big time bowl wins as well.

McCaffrey will win the Heisman next year then turn pro. Robertson would be used as a slot back, much like Love, another 4.3 forty kid, and in 2017 they would have to compete against each other for the starting RB position. Most of you do not know that the Stanford grad. rate for its student athletes is the best in the country at 99%. Stanford is the only football school that requires 3 essays, letters of recommendation, advanced placement courses, high grades and SAT scores. A process that takes several months.,ie the reason for the high graduation rate. Do you really believe that someone like J McCulloch-one of your recruits- is going to put himself thru that torture, be admitted then turn down the admittance to go to Texas or ND?? It happens sometimes but rarely. When it happens it's probably family or girl- friend issues.

McCaffrey will win the Heisman next year then turn pro. Robertson would be used as a slot back, much like Love, another 4.3 forty kid, and in 2017 they would have to compete against each other for the starting RB position. Most of you do not know that the Stanford grad. rate for its student athletes is the best in the country at 99%. Stanford is the only football school that requires 3 essays, letters of recommendation, advanced placement courses, high grades and SAT scores. A process that takes several months.,ie the reason for the high graduation rate. Do you really believe that someone like J McCulloch-one of your recruits- is going to put himself thru that torture, be admitted then turn down the admittance to go to Texas or ND?? It happens sometimes but rarely. When it happens it's probably family or girl- friend issues.

oh geez, we have a stanford fan trolling our board. McCollough could be going to Stanford, but almost every recruiting "exoert" and "insider" has him either pegged to ND or texas, w/ most thinking texas.

Reactions: Pennick4
oh geez, we have a stanford fan trolling our board. McCollough could be going to Stanford, but almost every recruiting "exoert" and "insider" has him either pegged to ND or texas, w/ most thinking texas.
I didn't know they had any Rivals members. Cool.

15-20 touches a game in college will leave your career in college.
Perse, where did this come from? Fuller averaged something like five touches a game, all receiving. Throw in some return work and end around runs and 15-20 touches would be great production for his position at the college level.

Perse, where did this come from? Fuller averaged something like five touches a game, all receiving. Throw in some return work and end around runs and 15-20 touches would be great production for his position at the college level.
Besides his dimwitted dullard intellect Purse is prone to melodrama -- an horrific combination

dam shame he found his way on to this forum -- Under the Dome thread stalker ...too bad really

Reactions: Original_Irish
And yet they have a tree for a mascot and a band of idiots. WTF?

remember the kid from Pitt few yrs ago;,workhorse! remember him?

Look at the RB's that were workhorses on college:,Chubb, Gurley, the kid from USC (east)
and then Procise.

these are kids who are still developing.

15-20 carries a game times 12 games times 3 years. (when you have the ball you are the target to be hit)

(a body has just so many hits it can absorb, and as for impressing NFL GM's, 1 good year and a good performance at the combine will be more than sufficient)

Earl Campbell (5'11" 245) was as brutally physical a back as there was: his NFL career was effectively 6 years; averaged ~ just less than 20 carries in college. His college career definitely cut into his Football 'life'.

Last edited:
Thought we were all discussing Robertson and the receiver position, not as a primary running back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT